• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is your personality type? An experiment.

Kinare

RAWR
Last time I took it back in August of '18, these were the results:
Personality type: “The Advocate” (INFJ-T)
Individual traits: Introverted – 94%, Intuitive – 70%, Feeling – 69%, Judging – 64%, Turbulent – 90%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Constant Improvement

I keep the results in an email in case someone asks, cuz some people actually care about these things and I hate taking tests. :v

IMO it's flawed in that it gives too broad of an overview for the results AND the questions are often situational, then you're supposed to insert the context/situation yourself, which I greatly detest...

Last edited:

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
So a lot of you are saying the myers-brigg isn't particularly valid - I would actually say there's some truth to it. My university, an engineering school, had an entire class take the test their freshman (i.e. first) year and studied their performance. There was a correlation found between types and the test. Specifically, the worst performing personality type was the "ENTP" (which is me, the only reason I remember this result), as they tended to just not actually finish work. It's the grand plans, poor follow through personality. Conversely, the more detailed-oriented personalities did better, not that should surprise you. I will say the correlation was in broad strokes, it didn't say an "INTJ" is guaranteed is 3% improvement in grades over an "ENTJ" or anything that specific, but it did indicate that the test is getting at something.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
So a lot of you are saying the myers-brigg isn't particularly valid - I would actually say there's some truth to it. My university, an engineering school, had an entire class take the test their freshman (i.e. first) year and studied their performance. There was a correlation found between types and the test. Specifically, the worst performing personality type was the "ENTP" (which is me, the only reason I remember this result), as they tended to just not actually finish work. It's the grand plans, poor follow through personality. Conversely, the more detailed-oriented personalities did better, not that should surprise you. I will say the correlation was in broad strokes, it didn't say an "INTJ" is guaranteed is 3% improvement in grades over an "ENTJ" or anything that specific, but it did indicate that the test is getting at something.

I wouldn't say there isn't anything valid about it. I actually found a few other articles from other sites that give pretty good examples of how I respond with affection as well as receive it. I think it's a great way to give people a better idea of understanding each other, especially if it feels like an exact fit for them. I just know that there are flaws with these tests, since people can pretend to be whatever they want to be just so manipulate their results.

Plus... most sites won't even give you the full scoop because they want you to burn your wallet for it.

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
I just know that there are flaws with these tests, since people can pretend to be whatever they want to be just so manipulate their results.

Well yeah, people will answer what they think the "right" answer is, not what they are. It's like most Sorting hat quizzes - we all have the house we feel we belong to, so we answer accordingly.[/QUOTE]

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
It say's I'm an

INTJ-A

Here are my test details:

MBTI.jpg

Last edited:

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
INFJ-T, Turbulent Advocate