• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is your religious preference, if any?

John_Davenport

The Man with the Face
Mine is [REDACTED]. Tell me, are you Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Catholic, or what?

Is there a particular reason why you believe what you believe?

If you're atheist, just say whatever you want. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

T

TheMetalVelocity

Are you a troll? Just wondering, because you can probably do a little better than that.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
You know in a good chunk of cultures around it's considered downright rude and intrusive to ask someone's religion. In other words, it's a personal thing to which you have no obligation to share or ask of.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
Oh Goddammit.
Let's have three religion threads at the same time :I
I give it 6 posts until shit storm.

PastryOfApathy

I'm just to save everyone the trouble of watching this trainwreck play out.

THE FAF RELIGION THREAD CYCLE
- Someone makes a thread about religion for whatever reason
- Some people may make a couple reasonable responses and never post again because they know better
- The same few people from every religion thread proceed to barge in and circlejerk about religious people are x, y, and z and how much smarter than are because they're an atheist
- Someone innocuously posts dissenting opinion
- Everyone immediately attacks them and we create a 20 page thread dominated by the same 3 or 4 people having a single continuous argument that never ends
- Everyone internally resolves to never make a thread like this again
- Someone makes a thread about religion for whatever reason...

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
We honestly need to have a single religion thread so that way we never have to complain about why these threads pop up. And everyone can go circlejerk there or actually discuss religion with some civility.

CC's not allowed :v

I was raised Christian.

T

TheMetalVelocity

Oh Goddammit.
Let's have three religion threads at the same time :I
I give it 6 posts until shit storm.
I know this is the off topic section, but I just hate how furries are so fucking political and religious/anti-religious, not saying I don't bitch about politics every here and there....all the god damn fucking time when I am angry, but every week there's some new thread about politics or just religious discussions in general and then the same arguments come up. FAF feels like reddit.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I just hate how furries are so fucking political and religious/anti-religious
Could it be that people actually have things to discuss about the real world? And things that are currently affecting people?

As if those aren't important or anything.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
http://forums.furaffinity.net/threa...ffiliation-non-affiliation?highlight=religion

There's the old version of this, from January. You notice it got locked after explosive arguments. So I tell you what: the instant this turns into a debate about religion, which is not the question that was asked, this thread's getting locked as well. Capiche, tout le monde?

To answer the question, I consider myself a skeptic. A subset of that would be atheist, I guess, since being skeptical of such things I do not 'believe' in any kind of higher power, but 'skeptic' describes the way I think much more accurately.

T

TheMetalVelocity

Could it be that people actually have things to discuss about the real world? And things that are currently affecting people?

As if those aren't important or anything.
Is furaffinity like the only forum that has these discussions constantly or do other fandom forums have them as well? Wasn't really being sarcastic, I was actually wondering that myself.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
I believe in science and evolution but I won't deny the possibility that a higher being exists.
If anything I believe aliens were misinterpreted for our gods we worship today. (inb4 ancient aliens dude reply)

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Is furaffinity like the only forum that has these discussions constantly or do other fandom forums have them as well? Wasn't really being sarcastic, I was actually wondering that myself.
Every forum has religion threads, and most of them go the same way as the ones on FAF. Now let's heed Le. Renard's instruction.

@OP I'm an atheist, I was lucky to have parents that didn't care what I believe (or not).

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Alright people playing nice let's see how this pans out.

I was raised under a long list of different denominations of Christianity. First Baptist, Lutheran, the whole nine yards. The majority of church time had been spent in Pentecostal churches. First Assemblies of God and such. Speaking in tongues. Spirit of God. Whole nine yards.

Today I lean towards deep introspective sessions in which I wonder in which what the fuck it all means, and that if there were some intelligent creation to speak of , what in the hell he/she would exactly think of the mess we've created. But other than that--no formal faith as of now.

Zabrina

Awoken
I'm a bit of a mashup of a Druid and Pagan. I don't ponder over religion much, but I'm very much into totems and spirit guides.

Nikolinni

Niko Linni
Even though I argue a lot for what I Call "Textbook Christianity" (That is, Christianity as I interpret it based off of the bible) I'm kinda more or less an open minded spiritualist on the never-ending quest to find out what this higher power is. Though a lot of my religious life has been spent learning about Christianity, so there's still a good number of influences from there.

Hence why I always bring up "Now the concept of a god..." because I"m trying to find out what this god is. It doesn't have to fit the Christian God's window, or heck any recorded god. But eh, we'll see I suppose.

I also support really odd offbeat ideas like "Magic being an undiscovered science", the possibility of spirits and some of them acting as guides for people, the possibility that we can learn ESP and PSI powers, stuff like that.

Minako2012

Unapologetic fangirl.
Why should anyone give their religion when OP won't give their own? Growing up in the bible belt and having been physically assaulted by Christian Bigots (I hate that type of Christian for various reasons but I know not all are that hateful)) I don't often give out my religion but considering I can't get worse than three broken ribs and a ruptured spleen.I am a practicing Wiccan who follows the Norse pantheon.

Nikolinni

Niko Linni
Why should anyone give their religion when OP won't give their own? Growing up in the bible belt and having been physically assaulted by Christian Bigots (I hate that type of Christian for various reasons but I know not all are that hateful)) I don't often give out my religion but considering I can't get worse than three broken ribs and a ruptured spleen.I am a practicing Wiccan who follows the Norse pantheon.

'Cause Christ (or hell even other NT writers) totally said: "Verily I say unto you, if one of your own does not believe, you shall beat him to an bloody pulp, and you shall crack three ribs and rupture an spleen."

Must be the "Vengeance Edition" of the bible a lot of Christians seem to be reading.

Phyllostachys

Feigning intelligence
I believed in Buddhism when I was younger…. Now I have no religion.

I still agree with certain concepts of Buddhism(such as 一切皆空 or 諸行無常), but I don’t believe that denying one’s urges and being stuck in some forlorn temple in midst of mountains is the answer for them…. And whole karma and reincarnation thing is simply ridiculous.

Last edited:

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Agnostic / don't know, don't care, until I'm given reason to believe otherwise.

I wasn't really raised for any particular religion.
My parents have some Christian leanings (Moreso my dad than my mom. My mom might actually be more agnostic / atheist, but I've never asked her.), but nothing that they tried to influence me with or took me to church or anything.

Distorted

I'm Agnostic.

I was raised Baptist, but after leaving church in a fearful state and having my folks threaten me beyond reason, I decided that I had enough. I still retain some belief in the concept of God, but I don't let it dictate my actions. It makes me irritated when I see people who only believe out of fear or guilt.

Nikolinni

Niko Linni
I'm Agnostic.

I was raised Baptist, but after leaving church in a fearful state and having my folks threaten me beyond reason, I decided that I had enough. I still retain some belief in the concept of God, but I don't let it dictate my actions. It makes me irritated when I see people who only believe out of fear or guilt.

I hate guilt. That's such a powerful thing to control and manipulate someone with, and I KNOW there's plenty of churches out there that play up on that and manipulate members because of it.

Which is why I like the idea of not only asking God (or let's say someone you wronged) for forgiveness, but also learning to forgive yourself. Because even if that other person forgives you, that guilt can still eat at you and thus others can control you because of it (not to mention that other ill-effects can happen). But if you can learn to also forgive yourself and move on, then you can overcome that feeling of guilt.

Well, at least that's how it worked for me. And yes, this was an idea that came up in Perri's story, where a fox had eaten a rabbit, but he felt bad that he'd taken a life. And even though the soul of the rabbit forgave him, he still had to learn how to forgive himself for his perceived transgression.