• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is your sexual orientation? - Now with definitions!

Which orientation option provided best describes your own?

• Total voters

Percy

o-o
I'm still not sure. In terms of artwork, I enjoy just about anything regardless of the gender depicted. But in real life... I feel that demi would be accurate. I just haven't really felt interest in asking anyone out... until someone came to me. After getting to know him better, I feel attracted to him. I don't know.

Perhaps I'm just a bisexual/gay/pan/whatever guy who's shy as fuck.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

PastryOfApathy

But you're still male or female biologically, even if you don't identify as male or female, right?

Alright let me set this straight for anyone whose understandably confused since OP made this 100% more convoluted than it needed to be.

There are ultimately two genders a human can be, male or female. There is no magical binary meant to accommodate whatever nonsensical "5th gender" people just made up, you either have a dick or a vag. As a result you are either attracted to dicks, vagina, both, or maybe none at all meaning there can really only be 4 possible sexualities a person can have (assuming you count asexuality as a sexuality). Transsexualism doesn't exclude people from this either as they're still either a man or women, however whatever one they actually are is an entirely different argument.

You are not "demisexual", you are not "pansexual", you are either straight, gay, bi, or maybe asexual. Stop over-complicating things that aren't complicated.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
You are not "demisexual", you are not "pansexual", you are either straight, gay, bi, or maybe asexual. Stop over-complicating things that aren't complicated.

you were right until this point

given that sexuality is clearly a spectrum of n% attracted to dicks and 1-n% attracted to vagoo,

and that n can be a variable, shifting component of its own,

perhaps those three identities aren't sufficient for all people to comfortably self-identify?

Consider it's all self-identification, nobody else can place limits on what people are able to self-identify as... even if we can justifiably call bullshit, on occasion, like on demisexuality. :p

Alright let me set this straight for anyone whose understandably confused since OP made this 100% more convoluted than it needed to be.

There are ultimately two genders a human can be, male or female. There is no magical binary meant to accommodate whatever nonsensical "5th gender" people just made up, you either have a dick or a vag. As a result you are either attracted to dicks, vagina, both, or maybe none at all meaning there can really only be 4 possible sexualities a person can have (assuming you count asexuality as a sexuality). Transsexualism doesn't exclude people from this either as they're still either a man or women, however whatever one they actually are is an entirely different argument.

Yeah, no. Why don't you stop oversimplifying inherently complicated things?

PastryOfApathy

you were right until this point

given that sexuality is clearly a spectrum of n% attracted to dicks and 1-n% attracted to vagoo,

and that n can be a variable, shifting component of its own,

You're right, however the 4 sexualities sufficiently cover it in its entirety.

(assuming you're a male)
100% Vag 0% Dick = Straight
0% Vag 100% Dick = Gay
0% Vag 0% Dick = Asexual
Any other combination = Bisexual

Anything else is redundant.

perhaps those three identities aren't sufficient for all people to comfortably self-identify?

Consider it's all self-identification, nobody else can place limits on what people are able to self-identify as... even if we can justifiably call bullshit, on occasion, like on demisexuality. :p

Whether or not people can comfortably self-identify is ultimately irrelevant as human biology doesn't change to suit those who want to sound special. I mean they of course have the right to identify as whatever they want but that doesn't make it legitimate and I will call bullshit accordingly.

Yeah, no. Why don't you stop oversimplifying inherently complicated things?
Why don't you read a biology textbook?

It's some obscure special snowflake orientation you cis-gendered assholes probably haven't heard of.

I'M DIFFERENT! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Before this turns into another stupid argument over whether pansexuality is real or not and blah blah blah let's just take a look at this for a moment.

As an added side note, depending on how you look at it, transfolk aren't necessarily binary even if they identify as male or female unless they've fully transitioned. So I'm really only talking about people who haven't, you know? In which case sex and gender are different and yeah. :I
It's stupid confusing because the idea is that they deconstruct the binary theory but simultaneously reinforce it. But that's an argument for another time :u

But anyways, how you identify and whatever else is your own thing but just keep in mind people have tried to keep bi and pan separate.

Edit: I checked "don't wish to be labeled" because in all honesty, I don't really care that much. If it's hot, it's hot.

aardwolfsGathering said:
Also, that still only says anything about sex, since you know, gender and sexuality aren't really biological.
This is actually debatable and where that whole "Nature vs. Nurture" argument comes in. But it's a mix of both really.

Last edited:
Same answer as the previous poll. If I could quantify it, I suppose my attraction would be 20 - 25% male and 75 - 80% female.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Went with asexual like last time. Sometimes I wonder if I am, and sometiems I wonder if that even exists, but ti's just easier to go that route while I have no time for trivial things like working about my sexuality :p

D

Deleted member 82554

I know I can't change my vote, but I fall into the categories of Asexualaty, Hetrosexual and Not sure / Don't wish to be labeled (yeah I'm conflicted).

Last edited by a moderator:

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Sees public scores.
Sees Wrobel is now Bi/Het.
Senses he has something to do with it.

...I probably don't, but I feel like I do because I'm a special little snowflake. :v

Dictator Lister

Slammer of Jams
You are aware intersex is a thing, right? Also, that still only says anything about sex, since you know, gender and sexuality aren't really biological.
Maybe I'm just very literal minded, but it seems kind of clear cut. There are two parts (not counting hermaphroditism because that is so rare it's not even a blip on the radar), meaning you have either, and are attracted to one, the other, both, or none. That makes sense.

Now, what I'm wondering is why being attracted to trans (which seems more like a preference similar to race and hair colour) considered an additional sexuality? No offense to those who are trans but wanting to be male does not make you biologically not male, and vice versa...

Could anybody help clarify this or something? I'm confused.

Now, what I'm wondering is why being attracted to trans (which seems more like a preference similar to race and hair colour) considered an additional sexuality? No offense to those who are trans but wanting to be male does not make you biologically not male, and vice versa...

Could anybody help clarify this or something? I'm confused.
Being attracted to trans people doesn't have its own sexuality. It's being attracted to Non-binary trans people that does. If you're only attracted to binary trans people and cis people, you're not pansexual.

Dictator Lister

Slammer of Jams
Being attracted to trans people doesn't have its own sexuality. It's being attracted to Non-binary trans people that does. If you're only attracted to binary trans people and cis people, you're not pansexual.
But those are preferences. That still means that you're attracted to either male or female parts. It seems to me no different than somebody saying that they only want to date Hispanic people. It's an attraction that has nothing to do with gender or sexuality.

But those are preferences. That still means that you're attracted to either male or female parts. It seems to me no different than somebody saying that they only want to date Hispanic people. It's an attraction that has nothing to do with gender or sexuality.

I don't think I understand what you're trying to say. Someone's attraction to someone else's gender has nothing to do with gender or sexuality? :?

Dictator Lister

Slammer of Jams
I don't think I understand what you're trying to say. Someone's attraction to someone else's gender has nothing to do with gender or sexuality? :?
Let me clarify.

Being attracted to a non-cis trans or a cis trans doesn't have anything to do with being attracted to a male, female, both, or none. Those to me seem more like preferences, the kind of ROMANTIC feeling apart from biological sexuality and gender.

PastryOfApathy

What? I'll say it again because as far as I can tell me and him share more or less the same opinion.

"Trans" isn't a gender. Everyone including transsexuals are still either men or women (don't drag up intersex people again either because there's so few of them and it dilutes the conversation) like the rest of us. You can only like one combination of the two.

Let me clarify.

Being attracted to a non-cis trans or a cis trans doesn't have anything to do with being attracted to a male, female, both, or none. Those to me seem more like preferences, the kind of ROMANTIC feeling apart from biological sexuality and gender.
All trans* people are non-cis since cis literally means non-trans.

What? I'll say it again because as far as I can tell me and him share more or less the same opinion.

"Trans" isn't a gender. Everyone including transsexuals are still either men or women (don't drag up intersex people again either because there's so few of them and it dilutes the conversation) like the rest of us. You can only like one combination of the two.
Of course trans* isn't a gender. Saying we're all men or women doesn't make it true, though. How many people have to be intersex in order for them to count, then? Since according to http://www.isna.org/faq/frequency up to 1% of people have some degree of Sexual ambiguity.

Last edited: