• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What is your sexual orientation

Your orientation

• Heterosexual

Votes: 287 29.7%
  • Bisexual leaning heterosexual

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 111 11.5%
  • Bisexual leaning homosexual

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Homosexual

Votes: 175 18.1%
  • Asexual

Votes: 47 4.9%
  • Still figuring out

Votes: 65 6.7%
  • Pansexual (fake sexuality)

Votes: 54 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
For me, it's the idea that counts.

Well I hope you enjoy dating hipsters and other intersex/trans folks!

Also, it's applicable to how I think of my sexuality, which is that I like attractive people; gender and sex don't really matter.

This is super funny to me because a lot of pansexuals claim that they don't care about physical attractiveness in addition to gender, which is obviously bullshit (or because the person making the claim is ugly kekekekeke).

Lol, I'm guessing you're not a person that is intersex or transgender, because I get rejected by people that are self-identified bisexuals all the time. In fact, I estimate that I get rejected by people that call themselves bisexual more than people who identify as straight and gay.

THAT'S BECAUSE TRANNIES ARE ICKY EWWWW

shteev

Lol how do I delete this account
Man, why is it that, regardless of being bisexual or pan, most individuals lean a certain way? Do they just like the freedom of being able to have any sex according to their current mindset? Or rather, is it that they feel that, by picking a certain gender, they miss out on the other(s)?

I'm a gay individual, mainly because my sexual preference is inverted compared to a straight person. I.E., I prefer the same sex.
However, I don't feel anything toward the opposite sex. Am I missing out?

Blah, I blabber too much. What I'm getting at is, how and why do bi and pansexual people prefer more than one sex? Is it just like me, where my preference is definite and static, or is it because of some mindset? Do they prefer multiple sexes, or do they want to prefer multiple sexes?

Spatel

As a bi man who is 50/50, but who considered himself leaning female years ago, I feel like I could offer a 10-page thesis on that subject.

But for the sake of simplicity I will say it is because they thought they were exclusively attracted to whatever sex they claim to lean toward, and they have spent maybe a decade or so developing a strong emotional tether to that sex. Even though they've gone back and realized they're really attracted to both, that emotional tether is very painful to sever once they have it, and most never do.

Xanderous

Well I hope you enjoy dating hipsters and other intersex/trans folks!

This is super funny to me because a lot of pansexuals claim that they don't care about physical attractiveness in addition to gender, which is obviously bullshit (or because the person making the claim is ugly kekekekeke).

THAT'S BECAUSE TRANNIES ARE ICKY EWWWW

Excuse me? There's no need to be rude. I was merely arguing my point, never once even using what I would consider a hostile tone. Your language is completely uncalled for. In case, for whatever reason, you don't realise it, saying tranny is equivalent to calling somone that is gay a faggot or calling someone that's black the n-word. It's extremely hateful and brings back to a lot of trans individuals the kind of transphobia that has caused the assaults and even murders of our people.

I don't even care if you were attempting to be humourous. It's not funny; it's extremely hurtful.

Xanderous

Dude, it's flat-out rude. It might be funny if transphobia and discrimination of transpeople was something that was in the past, but it's not. It's something that people like me face everyday. Humour was originally a device to jest at those in power. Making fun of people that are already downtrodden, hated, assaulted, brutalized, and belittled is unnecessary and cruel.

Man, why is it that, regardless of being bisexual or pan, most individuals lean a certain way? Do they just like the freedom of being able to have any sex according to their current mindset? Or rather, is it that they feel that, by picking a certain gender, they miss out on the other(s)?

I'm a gay individual, mainly because my sexual preference is inverted compared to a straight person. I.E., I prefer the same sex.
However, I don't feel anything toward the opposite sex. Am I missing out?

Blah, I blabber too much. What I'm getting at is, how and why do bi and pansexual people prefer more than one sex? Is it just like me, where my preference is definite and static, or is it because of some mindset? Do they prefer multiple sexes, or do they want to prefer multiple sexes?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'how and why'. We just do. It's not something I've ever tried to do. Hell, I tried for a long time to only be attracted to one gender, but I can't help that when someone is in-shape with nice features, I'm attracted to them. And while it's true that people lean a certain way, I think that's just because perfect symmetry isn't very common. So it's rare to find someone whose attraction is split 50/50 (of course, this assumes falsely that, again, there are only 2 genders and 2 sexes, but whatever).

Last edited:

Yago

Ambered Amaranth
Dude, it's flat-out rude. It might be funny if transphobia and discrimination of transpeople was something that was in the past, but it's not. It's something that people like me face everyday. Humour was originally a device to jest at those in power. Making fun of people that are already downtrodden, hated, assaulted, brutalized, and belittled is unnecessary and cruel.

I'm honestly finding your reaction funny--not becuase I'm being an asshole, but because you yourself are being somewhat childish with your overreaction and definitely over-sensitive. He made a jest, perhaps his quip wasn't the kindest of things, but you've also got to realize, that here upon FAF there is a great deal of those who fit into the various spectrums of the LGBT community.

There's very very few, if any, around here that are against any of the LGBT community. So he's most likely not seriously mocking those who are a part of it.

I'm going to assume his joke was more of a reference to pansexuality being such a controversial folly. Pansexuality is, as it has most likely already been mentioned, covered in the definition of bisexual. Words are words, and the various different words for sexualities hardly matter any more than the sexualities themselves.

You really ought to just calm down a little, and, as a fair warning, in case you haven't noticed, FAF's full of delightfully satirical asshats.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Excuse me? There's no need to be rude. I was merely arguing my point, never once even using what I would consider a hostile tone. Your language is completely uncalled for. In case, for whatever reason, you don't realise it, saying tranny is equivalent to calling somone that is gay a faggot or calling someone that's black the n-word. It's extremely hateful and brings back to a lot of trans individuals the kind of transphobia that has caused the assaults and even murders of our people.

I don't even care if you were attempting to be humourous. It's not funny; it's extremely hurtful.

Somebody is lacking in the humor department.

Amador_Reuki

CuddalySkunk
Wow either we don't have all the furries here to answer this or the furry community is not all homosexual like statistics say. o-o [I voted bi]

KigRatel

Colaholic
Wow either we don't have all the furries here to answer this or the furry community is not all homosexual like statistics say. o-o [I voted bi]

You mean like people say. Statistics say otherwise.

But anyway, I may be Heterosexual, but sometimes I feel I may as well be Asexual what with my complete lack of interest in anything sexual.

Spatel

I'm not sure what you mean by 'how and why'. We just do. It's not something I've ever tried to do. Hell, I tried for a long time to only be attracted to one gender, but I can't help that when someone is in-shape with nice features, I'm attracted to them. And while it's true that people lean a certain way, I think that's just because perfect symmetry isn't very common. So it's rare to find someone whose attraction is split 50/50 (of course, this assumes falsely that, again, there are only 2 genders and 2 sexes, but whatever).

There are only 2 sexes, and gender is a social construct. Intersex is a combination of the 2 existing sexes. There is no 3rd set of genitalia and gametes that intersex people carry around. They will only carry things that appear on men and women, and consequently they won't have anything on them that bisexuals aren't already very familiar with.

lrdfang

I thought the same thing when I voted. I am bi leaning straight, though it seems in fursona I lean the other way. Two sides of my personality I guess. Maybe it is the vocal side of the community is homosexual.

Randolph

I'm an odd one.

I prefer masculine females and feminine males.

No. The fandom is usually classed as mostly bi, not homosexual.

Last edited:

Jaxinc

Regret nothing:Deny everything
By your definition, which is apparently based entirely on root words, bisexual would be attraction to two SEXES, not genders. Meaning bisexuals could still be attracted to anyone in the spectrum of genders. Also, in the real world, many self-identified bisexuals are open to intersex or etc. folks as well as males and females, which is why "pansexual" is considered to be a redundant term.
Bisexual refers to being into one or the other, or both, but almost always lean towards one gender. True pansexuals have no proference of gender or appearance. The problem is pansexuality IS too board.. if you look at the definition on wikipedia there is THREE different ways it can go which is just flawed.

I don't. You ever heard the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover..." ? I take that in a literal sense regarding people. What I've learned is that they could be 'drop dead gorgeous' and be a complete and utter asshole in every sense of the word, and then someone that isn't super model material would be real and worth the time of a relationship. I've been with girls, guys, trans, IS, people younger than me and as much as 15 years older than me... I don't see why any of that matters. You don't get into a relationship because of how they look, but how they act.. and if you truly only base your relationships on how someone looks then you're a very shallow person.

Although I will say a LOT of 'self identified pansexuals' are not actually pansexual, but are either confused bisexuals, or just confused in general. I have met maybe 3-4 other pans that were that(my mate being one of them) and about 12 that were NOT pan.

Also you come across as rude and an ass from your posts, but I guess you were 'joking' as a few others say.

I'm going to assume his joke was more of a reference to pansexuality being such a controversial folly. Pansexuality is, as it has most likely already been mentioned, covered in the definition of bisexual. Words are words, and the various different words for sexualities hardly matter any more than the sexualities themselves.
So tomato, tamato in other words?
http://haha.nu/files/uploads/2009/goldberg-greenberg-iceberg/500.jpg

To some it's the same, or no different than bisexuality but to use it isn't. I've yet to meet one bisexual person that didn't heavily lean towards a single gender with a 'curiosity' to the other, but then maybe I've never met a real bisexual and only met people confused as to what they were.

I used to relate myself as 'bi' but as more and more time went by I didn't really fit in with other bi people who cared about appearance, physical traits, gender, ect... I simply didn't care about any of it. Wasn't till I looked up different sexualities and saw what I fit into that I saw pansexuality. Although I still feel as a whole it needs to be further defined.. rather than the broad "gender blind, ALL, or don't care" variations...

Spatel

Bisexual refers to being into one or the other, or both, but almost always lean towards one gender. True pansexuals have no proference of gender or appearance. The problem is pansexuality IS too board.. if you look at the definition on wikipedia there is THREE different ways it can go which is just flawed.
No, you pulled that definition out of your ass. Bisexuality is an attraction to both sexes. Pansexuality is attraction "regardless of gender". Bisexuals and Pansexuals can both lean. The terms are interchangeable as our species has only two sexes, and will continue to be interchangeable until aliens land on this shitty rock. Intersexuals are always some combination of male/female. They are not a third sex. They are simply androgynous, and most bisexuals find certain kinds of androgyny very attractive. Transsexuals are their desired sex, not a third sex, and implying that you would need to be pan or even bi to date one is condescending and transphobic. Straight and gay identified people routinely date transsexual guys/gals, if they're convincing in their desired gender.

Jaxinc said:
I don't. You ever heard the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover..." ? I take that in a literal sense regarding people. What I've learned is that they could be 'drop dead gorgeous' and be a complete and utter asshole in every sense of the word, and then someone that isn't super model material would be real and worth the time of a relationship. I've been with girls, guys, trans, IS, people younger than me and as much as 15 years older than me... I don't see why any of that matters. You don't get into a relationship because of how they look, but how they act.. and if you truly only base your relationships on how someone looks then you're a very shallow person.
You are unknowingly but tacitly admitting that you distinguish between these people in terms of physical attraction. Turning down someone attractive because they have a shitty personality isn't a special kind of sexuality. Everyone does that. It's called common sense. Dating someone who isn't attractive according to conventional metrics but is personally attractive to you isn't special either. I probably consider only 20% of the human race attractive, at most. Usually they're just physically fit and have good faces but there are islands, there are exceptions. Everyone has exceptions that just happen to work for them.

Jaxinc said:
To some it's the same, or no different than bisexuality but to use it isn't. I've yet to meet one bisexual person that didn't heavily lean towards a single gender with a 'curiosity' to the other, but then maybe I've never met a real bisexual and only met people confused as to what they were.
Here's a bisexual that doesn't lean, right here. I guess you can eat your words now. I know plenty others too...

As for why leaning occurs, it's complicated. Human attraction is very complicated, but generally the difference between bisexuals who consider themselves 70/30 and bisexuals who consider themselves 50/50 is simply confidence, experience, and not getting trapped in the mindset that you're stuck at '80/20' or wherever the hell you think you are at the time, because that tends to create a self-fulfilling prophesy if you reinforce it.

Last edited:

Jaxinc

Regret nothing:Deny everything
No, you pulled that definition out of your ass. Bisexuality is an attraction to both sexes. Pansexuality is attraction "regardless of gender". Bisexuals and Pansexuals can both lean. The terms are interchangeable as our species has only two sexes, and will continue to be interchangeable until aliens land on this shitty rock. Intersexuals are always some combination of male/female. They are not a third sex. They are simply androgynous, and most bisexuals find certain kinds of androgyny very attractive. Transsexuals are their desired sex, not a third sex, and implying that you would need to be pan or even bi to date one is condescending and transphobic. Straight and gay identified people routinely date transsexual guys/gals, if they're convincing in their desired gender.
You're overthinking my post, in that section I made no mention to IS or Trans.

On Wiki it states that pansexuals can be defined as this, this or this... "Genderblind" as in people that physically can not see or tell the difference in gender. "All genders" as you stated, and the last was "Personalities" which is what I fall under.

You are unknowingly but tacitly admitting that you distinguish between these people in terms of physical attraction. Turning down someone attractive because they have a shitty personality isn't a special kind of sexuality. Everyone does that. It's called common sense. Dating someone who isn't attractive according to conventional metrics but is personally attractive to you isn't special either. I probably consider only 20% of the human race attractive, at most. Usually they're just physically fit and have good faces but there are islands, there are exceptions. Everyone has exceptions that just happen to work for them.
Again you're overthinking my post. I was giving an example due to the fact everyone I know says they are attracted to people physically in some shape or form when I am not.

Here's a bisexual that doesn't lean, right here. I guess you can eat your words now. I know plenty others too...

As for why leaning occurs, it's complicated. Human attraction is very complicated, but generally the difference between bisexuals who consider themselves 70/30 and bisexuals who consider themselves 50/50 is simply confidence, experience, and not getting trapped in the mindset that you're stuck at '80/20' or wherever the hell you think you are at the time, because that tends to create a self-fulfilling prophesy if you reinforce it.
Ok, and as I said I knew none. Maybe you do and you'd be the first I've met that doesn't have a preference towards either gender. Although I do agree with the latter portion of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.