• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What kinds of animals do you wanna see more in the fandom?

Fruitythebeetle

Goes by kappapeachie now
for me, there's a lot of mammalian species that get neglected. the veridae look very interesting...depsite looking like a leopard have a baby with a weasel. besides that, anything outside of mammals tend to get little to no represetation. not by too much, but when you see a bluejay as a fursona, it feels like a fresh of breath air.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I can't say I follow nsfw parts of the fandom to know.

At least, not too much.
Doesn't have to be NSFW to be gay (though we all know there is NSFW stuff)
They're just popular animals in the gay sphere is all.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Raccoons, skunks, badgers, squirrels, chipmunks, weasels, martins...various smaller to medium North American woodland critters, mainly.

Also: More Fossas, and more Mongoose. (Mongeese?)

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Arthropods. Specifically, more that are not either "Wolf / Dragon / Shark with Chitinous Plates" or (and this is not meant as an insult to them) "Whitemantis Character Clone #8472". Cowards, the lot of artists.

More specifically re:the second group, Mantis did a lot to make arthropod characters more popular and accepted within the fandom. There once was a time wherein those who had them (arthropod characters / sonas) were considered "special snowflakes", or going for shock value, or other disparaging comments. It's a time that wasn't particularly long ago, either (maybe five, ten years at most?). However, while inspiring people to branch out, her art also has a particular style and aesthetic to it and it's obvious in a lot of works how many modern arthropods have been... put lightly, "heavily inspired" by her work's aesthetics. Which again, isn't a knock on it (it wouldn't have picked up if it didn't have its charms), but leads to a lot of 'same-designs'.
I'll actually endorse this too, if only because there's a glut of "Humans turned into an anthropomorphic / feral animal" characters and the reverse has a lot of room. ... Provided, of course, it's handled tactfully: Just like the other way around, I'm pretty sure I don't need to write out how such a concept could be handled.... poorly.

Fruitythebeetle

Goes by kappapeachie now
Arthropods. Specifically, more that are not either "Wolf / Dragon / Shark with Chitinous Plates" or (and this is not meant as an insult to them) "Whitemantis Character Clone #8472". Cowards, the lot of artists.

More specifically re:the second group, Mantis did a lot to make arthropod characters more popular and accepted within the fandom. There once was a time wherein those who had them (arthropod characters / sonas) were considered "special snowflakes", or going for shock value, or other disparaging comments. It's a time that wasn't particularly long ago, either (maybe five, ten years at most?). However, while inspiring people to branch out, her art also has a particular style and aesthetic to it and it's obvious in a lot of works how many modern arthropods have been... put lightly, "heavily inspired" by her work's aesthetics. Which again, isn't a knock on it (it wouldn't have picked up if it didn't have its charms), but leads to a lot of 'same-designs'.

I'll actually endorse this too, if only because there's a glut of "Humans turned into an anthropomorphic / feral animal" characters and the reverse has a lot of room. ... Provided, of course, it's handled tactfully: Just like the other way around, I'm pretty sure I don't need to write out how such a concept could be handled.... poorly.
this. this so much.

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Definitely more yeens! They make for a barrel of laughs!!!:p

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Yeens are like the weirdos of the fandom, just look at Nos Hyena.

Maybe they embody the fandom in that way! I also discovered the fandom through yeens:D

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Geckos and chameleons! Would be cool to have more monkeys too, specially orangutans. Their hug must be amazing *-*

Gecko here!!

I want more rats... and, oddly enough, Guinea pigs. I just watched this dumb Disney movie about them and I'm obsessed, lawl.

81LvkUxkT7L._SL1500_.jpg