• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What lovely [/sarcasm] people at furmeets!

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
<--Is now scared of furmeets.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
The first one I went to a guy talked about how he should kill himself because people weren't paying all attention to him.

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
The first one I went to a guy talked about how he should kill himself because people weren't paying all attention to him.

Doesn't get much more furry than that.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Tiamat

Banned

Tiamat

Banned
@Green: Haha WOW! Is that a real thing?

If so, I'll bet its owner is one of the BO stinking patrons described above.

@Oz: Picturing someone in a cheerful fursuit doing it and lying at the base of the stairs with that vapid cartoon eyed expression. Maybe I'm the sick one...

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
@Oz: Picturing someone in a cheerful fursuit doing it and lying at the base of the stairs with that same vapid cartoon eyed expression. Maybe I'm the sick one...

With their head stick in the railings.

Tiamat

Banned
I forced myself to take a closer look at the sparkledog, it actually made me feel a bit nauseous, no kidding...combination of the font and the colors, Can see its a joke now...(palette cracked me up...)

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
I went to a fur meet once. Then I burned all my skin off, changed my name and restarted my life.
HOT tip: if it's labelled a "furmeet" rather than "a bunch of people hanging out and shooting the shit", you probably don't want to be there.

Dreaming

5)The party animal. Of course furries have these types. Won't attend anything where there isn't drugs or alcohol readily available, whether they're of the drinking age or not. Get vomiting drunk whenever they can. Look down on those of us who maybe only want a little bit or have to stay sober to drive home. Will be mean and obnoxious whenever they can.

7)The psychotic. Obviously has emotional and/or mental disorders. Can be seen with medications. May threaten violent behavior and even throw tauntrums. Avoid these at all costs.
Oh look it's me

You forgot the no-shows, the guys that consistently promise to show up and always disappoint. They count, THEY COUNT

Rolo

I went to Furry Fiesta in Dallas, TX once, and while it was relatively enjoyable (there were some of these stereotypes but to a less extreme degree), there was one glaring anomaly there.
It was a really, really... well, to be blunt, fat guy in a skin tight panda suit. It was horribly awkward, and while he was indeed talking to some people, I just sort of avoided him.

The suit was almost indecent with its exposure. :|

Other than that though, everybody was nice enough. Yea, there are some weird types, but if you have enough patience and tolerance, it's not so bad.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I went to Furry Fiesta in Dallas, TX once, and while it was relatively enjoyable (there were some of these stereotypes but to a less extreme degree), there was one glaring anomaly there.
It was a really, really... well, to be blunt, fat guy in a skin tight panda suit. It was horribly awkward, and while he was indeed talking to some people, I just sort of avoided him.

Other than that though, everybody was nice enough. Yea, there are some weird types, but if you have enough patience and tolerance, it's not so bad.
And plenty of booze in your system

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
You've got all of them except one: the creepy old man. He acts like a child, with the drama of a teenager and all, and is so proud to be furry he refuses to associate with non-furries. Often he will have never stayed in a long-term relationship because he is so creepy. His life revolves around furry, at the expense of a possible job. His fursona might be a pedobear. He may or may not be a racist.
Generally, an all-around creepy person.

Last edited:

Rolo

And plenty of booze in your system

If only I drank. :p

That reminds me, there was one girl who was pretty damn shitfaced. She came up to me and just started ranting about life and her boyfriend and whatnot, then her boyfriend came over, apologized to me, picked her up and took her away.
While in his arms, she was just raving about how great their sex was gonna be. :p

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
hey i bring my own drugs. yes there is enough for the whole class.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist

Bwahaha. It's like a deleted scene from The Shining.

In reference to the OP, that actually sounds like practically every gathering of geeks I've ever attended. The only exception here is that most of the pervs and creepers at furmeets sound like they're gay, but that actually means that a furmeet might be more pleasant for me, because for once, I might not be a Creepy Sperg Magnet!

Last edited:

Kazooie

Crusader for Cute
I am going to a furmeet-party-thing this Saturday! Wish me luck!!

Tabasco

Not that I'm one to point fingers at weirdos, but the meets here were never very fun and I never understood why the few friends I had in the community were so fucking fascinated with them.

We'd sometimes sit at Perkins, which is where the barking and excessive PDA was, and have nothing to do but play a game we brought (by ourselves) or try to wriggle into the group at the poker table (busy), one of the art groups (busy doing something we don't do), one of the groups of newcomers glowering or looking like deer caught in the headlights, or talk to one or two friendly people who might not be busy at the time.

Then we'd go to Caribou, which was much better, typically less awkward, and had a friendlier crowd where we'd talk to new people but ultimately didn't find much to do because it was nothing but coffee, a table of supergeeks and their machinery, and people who already know each other with someone we knew occasionally stopping in. We'd sit at a table, chit-chat with each other or sometimes other people, and go on our laptops.

I don't see why we couldn't just play videogames, go do something alone where we could focus on a more in-depth conversation or play a card game without a guy barking in the next booth, go skip stones at the lake, or anything else, really. It was distinctly awkward, and the picnic was even worse because it had a guy who glared at me and outright ignored me when my friend tried to involve me in the conversation.

Last edited:

Greycoat

Ah. I remember my first Furmeet.
I remember thinking that everyone was going to be just like me. I even showered and groomed a bit since I wanted to make a good first impression. Even did some exercises so I would be relaxed figuring I was going to a small gathering to get to know a few locals and learn a few things.

I quickly learned I was not prepared!

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
Wow, and I thought the Anime Club at my school was awkward... :\
I haven't really seen much personalities from them though, we usually just sat and watched anime, finished one show, then immediately started the next. No real time for socializing. (Then what on earth is the club for? I can watch cartoons at home...)

Anyways, awkward people like that is one reason I'm a bit afraid to go to furmeets. I told a friend of mine not more than a day ago, that just because someone is a furry, does not mean I want to be friends with them.
It sounds mean, but it's true, just because two people have a common interest doesn't mean they'll be all "buddy-buddy", or even get along at all.

I used to think it would be fun to wear my fursuit to school (on Halloween) once I make one, but then I'm afraid of the other fursuiters there thinking I'll be their friend right away or something. Kind of like how one guy wouldn't stop talking to me just because I said I watched My Little Pony... And we didn't really have all that much else in common. ^^; It was quite awkward, to say the least.