• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What makes you cry?

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
I cried a bit.
But I did just go through that 3 months ago with the best dog I've ever had.

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
I never cry from anything media.
My coping skills are, when dummed down, "I have better things to think about".

I do cry when my dad yells at me, hits hard for some reason.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
At the end of "The Grey" when you found out Liam Neeson's wife was dead and the memories they've been showing you were actually of him being with her during her final moments. That movie really brought me down.

Last edited:

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Not that I cry about it, but the Cowboys' loss in 2007 when they were supposed to make the Super Bowl but the Giants went instead does make me feel bitter. At the time, I thought that Dallas was close to appearing in and winning a Super Bowl and we would all party like it was the 1990's all over again and those dreams went down the tubes, all on one play. Six largely mediocre years later, I'm still kind of upset about it.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
That the person above me might be a teacher of youth someday.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
That the person above me might be a teacher of youth someday.

I got over it, and realize now that if the worst thing that ever happens is your favorite team losing, you have a remarkably blessed life. I became more interested in other things and have a more vibrant life, courtesy of the fandom itself.

Of course, this has applications to teaching. Raising children's self-esteem to ridiculous levels to where they cannot handle failure maturely is problematic because they will grow up into self-worshipping, weak-willed adults. Children really need to be exposed to disappointment- what better than the failure of a beloved sports team?- to show them not to invest too heavily in the successful outcome of things well beyond their control determined by muscle-bound men well beyond most people's pay scale.

Of course, I still think a victory parade would be awesome but of course, the Cowboys today have become a parody of themselves, if you are a die-hard fan you better "diversify your portfolio" pretty damn quick. But I got to see this, which was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OiI1YqQdyc

T

TheMetalVelocity

Not that I cry about it, but the Cowboys' loss in 2007 when they were supposed to make the Super Bowl but the Giants went instead does make me feel bitter. At the time, I thought that Dallas was close to appearing in and winning a Super Bowl and we would all party like it was the 1990's all over again and those dreams went down the tubes, all on one play. Six largely mediocre years later, I'm still kind of upset about it.
My dad's a big cowboys fan. From what I've heard and saw, Tony Romo sucks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1zABvk_7wg

Neon Poi

Seeing Breaking Bad end. Damn that show. It was so good and now it's over. It's like my best friend just died.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
What makes me cry? How about everything? XP
Two days ago I saw a video on Youtube about a parakeet that can't use it's legs anymore. He smacked into a window one day and now he can't walk anymore.
The way his owners try to help him and how affectionate the poor little bugger is got me SO damn close to bawling my eyes out, it's not even funny!
I watched a similar video at work one day (watching Youtube videos and posting here is what I get paid for 90% of the time :V) and when a customer came in she asked if everything is alright with me because I was close to crying like a little bitch again! X'D

Oh great! And while trying to remember a different example of what made me cry I thought of the ending of Armageddon and I can already feel how I'm tearing up! XP

So in short, every time something is very emotional in some way I start tearing up and there is nothing I can do about that.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Bidding people up making them spend more on something I really don't want to win the auction at ebay. Oh wait, that makes me laugh. Sorry my bad.

...seriously?

Maybe you'll get bitten in the ass and someone will bid you up when you do have your heart set on something.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
I cried when i drove out to Michigan to get my bf before my surgery, and dad made me send him back on a bus the instant he found out. (His initial response was to make me drive him back)

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
When my parents complain about me dying my hair.... they need to get a life.. It makes me feel like I do not deserve to live... however it does not stop me from being who I am... Anyone else have this issue?
To be blunt, it's probably a judgement made for the better. After all, you don't want to make yourself look strange and hinder your public or social relations. Since people make themselves look pretty to impress others, it's no good if you could end up looking worse than before. And the true opinions of others are the best way to tell.

Death in general.
I HATE when people die early, I'm only okay with death if it's around 90 to 100 something.
80 is okay with me, but it's kinda breaking my death rule.
But what I hate the most is when people die when they have not finished their buisness on earth, for example being a mother taking care of young kids then comes a wild cancer.

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Loss. But weirdly enough only in fiction, and more specifically animated movies (if the emotion is perfectly transcribed), books or some games (oh hellooo FF6). I guess it's because those media are more abstract and I can project my feeling more easily.
And since I ended my first love experience, anything that involves tragedy can affect me a little.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
[yt]GF6d3FVGNW0[/yt]

Manliest death scene in all of animation... See you later, bro! ;__;7

Jags

Shepherd of Fire