• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What makes you feel at peace?

With such a fast paced and chaotic world, What do you to calm down? What makes you feel at peace?

I personally like to go for walks or bike rides. It lets me to get time to myself to think and calm down.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I've been practicing meditation since 15, so for about 13 years.
However, I also try to keep a relatively safe pace in a world full of people who feel it necessary to always be rushing.
Hyperconnectivity would be my bane and I would burn out very fast, I feel.

At least my neck doesn't hurt from stooping over it all the time while I'm out and about ^w^

I've been practicing meditation since 15, so for about 13 years.
However, I also try to keep a relatively safe pace in a world full of people who feel it necessary to always be rushing.
Hyperconnectivity would be my bane and I would burn out very fast, I feel.

At least my neck doesn't hurt from stooping over it all the time while I'm out and about ^w^
What’s the average routine like for you?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
What’s the average routine like for you?
Very uncommon, to be honest.
Being disabled, I generally get to sit around and do whatever I want, though I do try to volunteer my time when I can.
This mostly means helping building management install air conditioners etc, helping with computer problems of residents, stuff like that.
I spread myself as thin as possible so I still feel valuable in some way and deserving of my disability check.

I'm just incapable of working full-time, you know?

Very uncommon, to be honest.
Being disabled, I generally get to sit around and do whatever I want, though I do try to volunteer my time when I can.
This mostly means helping building management install air conditioners etc, helping with computer problems of residents, stuff like that.
I spread myself as thin as possible so I still feel valuable in some way and deserving of my disability check.

I'm just incapable of working full-time, you know?
Ah, sorry to hear that. It’s good you’ve found something not super stressful though.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Ah, sorry to hear that. It’s good you’ve found something not super stressful though.
Nothing to be sorry about.
It's my charge and I deal with it just like everyone else theirs.
It's a different life, but still one with its own trials. :3

What about you? What are the things that make you want to escape the most?

Nothing to be sorry about.
It's my charge and I deal with it just like everyone else theirs.
It's a different life, but still one with its own trials. :3

What about you? What are the things that make you want to escape the most?
Want to? Well...
There we go :v

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Drawing is one, as something to focus on where a mistake isn't a setback puts me at ease.

A weird one is driving. I take my time and enjoy the scenery. I'm in no hurry and I don't like to be in a hurry.

Lastly, thrash metal. It has taken over my life and listening to it burns away all of my frustrations and anxieties (despite it being the polar opposite of 'calm').

ТВИУО4570

“Tango” the Aviator
I enjoy taking to the skies after a long day at work.

It’s especially nice because it’s usually around sunset when I take off!
1E94565A-05FC-45E4-A3FC-18346266BB27.jpeg

Reiv

I still have problems accepting that I'm a furry
First, I like to be alone and rest on my bed. Secondly, just watching the figure of my no. 1 waifu who's next to my monitor.

Juju-z

50% metal, 45% Feathers, 5% Owl
Pace, I am one of those people who have a energy 'issue', so thus I always have this tic in my mind telling me to move. So I feel most comfortable pacing around wandering around wherever I can.

Also when drawing, I tend to forget the time.

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
How I calm down? Would depend on the situation I suppose.

Tho in general I just sit and relax in front of my computer and talk with people.

There have been cases recently where I've taken a walk so I can gather my thoughts.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I haven't felt at peace since 2010. I'm exhausted. I would love to feel more relaxed.

The most relaxing things I do are sleeping, listening to ASMR, listening to thunder, and watching cartoons/reading books meant to calm children down.

Besides that, I am on the verge of a panic attack pretty much all day. It sucks.

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
I feel most at peace when I take time for

A small prayer.
A Quick workout.
A small buzz from a good brew.
A lovely tune.
A organized room.

Here's a big one for me if I ever want any peace. Fufilling obligations I make for myself especially the obligations I make for other people.

The actions themselves don't exactly feel peaceful but i feel at peace when i am comfortable.

D

Deleted member 111470

Photography makes me feel at peace. Doesn't matter if I take photos at home or outside, with my phone or camera - there's nothing else that makes me feel at ease than to be behind a camera.

If not that, then watching films about distant lands, exploration and how life is across the world. My favorite being BBC's Planet Earth series. I can never get tired of that. Also Top Gear's specials where they travel around.
Or browsing photography sites like national geographic's yourshot page, or my instagram feed.

That's the most effective ways I can think of that make me feel at peace.

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
I like to draw or go outside for a walk, listening to music.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I like working on story ideas. I’ll pace around just chatting to myself about them and it’s fun. I get to let out whatever emotions been bothering me but I’ve had issues expressing.

Also naps with my cat.

S

Scales42

Sitting on a park bench, the rain slowly dribbling all around me. <3
The good stuff. ^^

C

CrookedCroc

I usually play my favorite games and some other times I just do some gardening. It feels great to take care of plants and enjoy them in your backyard while drinking some coffee/tea

Last edited by a moderator: