• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What makes your 'sona unique?

Z

Zevwen

I'm dying to know what other people have done to make their own 'sona unique. I've seen a lot of different amazingly unique 'sona's out there since my brief time in this community, and I'd love to see what others did for their own fursonas as well!

My current 'sona is a simple Silver fox who's still under development; however, he has two branches he can go down in life which I've yet to post. These two paths that he can take down life are both very different from each other and tend to be far more creative, but I won't be posting them for a long while because I don't want to spoil anything in an RP I'm currently co-running.

D

Deleted member 111470

From what I can gather, there aren't as many monkey 'sonas in comparison to the other species, so I guess that in itself is kinda unique. He has a scar across his right-side of the face, which I think isn't all that common either. And he has a very tragic, very nfsw background story that's under development. I might end up posting it some day if I feel like it's written well. I wish I could draw better so that I can make it into a comic.

My goal was never to be "unique" and "stand out from all the mainstream furs". I just rolled with it, because that's what I like and that's what I wanted him to be. At first, years ago, before i joined the FAF, he was supposed to be a deer, then a bunny, but it didn't feel right. Now he's a grey monkey and it feels right.

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
He has all the physical and mental flaws I do.
But also, he's not an existing species, but something of my own design. I'm not trying to stand out, I just don't feel connected to real species.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

He's a golden eagle, that's pretty rare
How many golden eagles do you know of that are teachers?
What about golden eagle teachers that teach history?

Yeah, that's right, probably like 50 others but it's unique to me

E

ellaerna

Absolutely nothing.
For my 'sona at least, I didn't do a whole lot to make her any more unique than myself. She's a big, fluffy, nerdy cat and that's not really anything to write home about. I wanted to give her a fun job (professional rpg player) but other than that she's pretty tame.

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
Last edited:

StolenMadWolf

resident Lab Wolf
He's a wolf who looks like a fox and he has nanological (space magic) powers. He's also got alot of backstory/story/setting lore.

I think the most unique thing about Kili is that his apperance was put together with different items and meshes from SL and his character amd backstory evolved from that mix up of content.

EmpressCiela

The Empress has Returned
Aside from the fact that he's essentially me, aside from a few enhanced personality traits, I suppose that his unique aspect would be that he has, in @JamesOtters words, "The right amount of edge" XD

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
My sona likes drinking orange juice after brushing their teeth.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Just a minotaur with snake fangs and a kangaroo pouch, nothing too weird, right ?... Right ?

Amber_Sakura_Wolf

I'm dying to know what other people have done to make their own 'sona unique. I've seen a lot of different amazingly unique 'sona's out there since my brief time in this community, and I'd love to see what others did for their own fursonas as well!

My current 'sona is a simple Silver fox who's still under development; however, he has two branches he can go down in life which I've yet to post. These two paths that he can take down life are both very different from each other and tend to be far more creative, but I won't be posting them for a long while because I don't want to spoil anything in an RP I'm currently co-running.
My fursona is a Swedish vellhund/corgi mix. She's a sweet pup as well as be quite outgoing

my fursona, Amber is a Swedish vellhund/corgi mix. She's compassionate, energetic, and creative. She also has a smaller than average attention span, she has a hard time understanding others sometimes, has difficulty containing her emotions, and she's prone to anxiety/panic attacks. In a way she's like me, creative, yet somewhat shy most of the time until you get to know her. She loves drawing, especially other animals she sees. She has a tattoo of a pink heart with golden wings on her right shoulder in most depictions and on her partial she has it on her shirt. To her the heart represents her care for other animals and her wings represent her inner strength from how she had struggled with a tough past so her heart can come into play to care for others. That's what I have for her as I haven't gotten to get much for her during the start of the school year.

F

FluffyShutterbug

These are sort of minor touches, but my sona's main "unique" features are his cowlick and a big tuft of white fluff on his upper chest. This isn't counting his normal attire and his camera.

B

BloodyBonez87

I made up a little world for mine.

They live on an island, shrouded in fog and constantly wreathed in vicious thunderstorms. They adventure together to reclaim the relics of the Jericho, the King of Storms.
on this island there are black trees with no branches that stretch far into the sky and draw energy from lightning. The wood from these trees can be smelted and worked like metal, and was used to arm and armor the thunder king's elite black knights. the storms on this island are caused by an Xenedar, an ancient tentacle beast that slumbers beneath the waves nearby. His corrupted minions now infest the storm king's ruined cities, their black blood the conduit for Xenedar's whispers.
One was a priest that was lost at sea and washed up, nearly drowned, on the island. The other spent his entire life living with a hermit named Um'beke, and has never known anything beyond the island's shores. In over 300 years, not once has
Ugin Thunderpaw seen the sun, or the moon, or clear skies at all for that matter.

Also, he hates wearing shoes. he's been barefoot his whole life.

Cloudyhue

Certified Fuzzbutt
Oh, I know you know Zev ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But seriously, the fact they all mostly kirin or kirin hybrids is cool. I don't see many of those.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
Drake's species is pretty common.

What makes Drake unique is his background/back story(I should probably get to writing some more), ending up in him losing half of his right arm.

For those of you who haven't seen the git already, here he is in a spoiler:
HUrgKtt.png

S

Steelite

Minotaur-phoenix hybrid, because why not ?

steelite-70080.submit.144247.jpg

The bull's high endurance and toughness, and the phoenix's immortality. The one that will always be the last standing.

E

ellaerna

not a 'sona, but I'm working on a creepy squid girl. Am I unique now?

SoniatheSquishy

Soft Deercoon
Like literally nothing besides maybe the color scheme.

I need to work on being original.