• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What MMO should I play?

What MMO? o.O

• Silkroad Online (SRO)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fly For Fun (FlyFF

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Guild Wars (GW)

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

Pwncakesfury

Legitiums Divinus Equitas
Just figured I'd do a poll. I need a good one and I figured you guys can pick.

No WoW. I have problems having a life with that game <_<

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Guildwars if you want more pvp and quick fun. LotRO if you are more into RP.

Pwncakesfury

Legitiums Divinus Equitas
I tried RS. I died a little in the process.

I

Ishnuvalok

EVE:Online is fantastic, but is very timeconsuming.

skulltoe

Ooh, you play eve? I do too, best game EVUH!!!11 Hah, no, but the learning curve is really steep, which is why you'll only find older and more mature players with the patience to learn it in eve. I'd go with eve if you can afford the monthly $15, otherwise Guldwars is fun too, which I also play.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
guild wars is as much an mmo as counterstrike

it just has lobbies

Last edited:

Fen

Alt-F4
Well as long as we have a game from AeriaGames up there, I suggest LastChaos. The game is filled with events such as 'Happy Hour' every Friday, and 'Afternoon Tea' on Sundays to help speed up leveling. The economy is the most balanced I've seen on a free mmo.

The game is rather unrefined though, and is quite bland when it comes to character customization (rogues, mages and healers must be female, while titans, knights and sorcerers must be male. There are about 3 hairstyles and faces to choose from for each class, none of which are particularly attractive). Gameplay is very good though.

Lukar

Durrgon
I can't really say much, cuz I have never played any of those. xD I do play RuneScape in my spare time, though, so you should check it out. It's fun- and free! xD

Evel Kniegro

much like your posting
Screw those games, play EQ2! The PvP servers suck the crust off a goat's balls, but the PvE is great, half the races are anthro and it has an enormous pile of lore and storyline if that's your kind of thing. There's also a furry chat channel, a fur guild run by the mild-mannered-if-somewhat-uptight Lain over on Guk, and most importantly, the majestic yet entertaining presence of myself.

..Yeah and watch out for Eve because it will turn you into a lunatic. I used to play but quit when Goonswarm fizzled from prankapple to pubfest. My retarded friend is still there and the shit that people who are really into the game do crosses the line into incredibly fucking creepy. Case in point he just jacked a corp boss account with a nice ship. He made accounts on forums one of another alliance's pilots hangs out on, spent like months befriending the guy to the point that the pilot 'got him started playing Eve'(lol) and sponsored him into his corp, all the while dropping poison about someone else he knew the guy couldn't stand, then when the guy got pissed off enough about the other guy to quit, he talked the pilot into passing him the account without letting anyone know so the group wouldn't lose the use of the nice ship or suffer from dramabombs over the leaders fighting. He's probably attending one of their e-board meetings or floating around in the stupid ship right now.

Do you know what it's like having a friend send you 10 wav clips a day for half a week asking if you can tell two people apart while he tweaks his voice changing app to impersonate a dude on ventrilo? That's right it's incredibly fucking creepy, and still not half as bad as some of what goes on. The old goon spymaster once tried to get a gay fleet member to SEDUCE A DEV at a gathering to score sekret game infoz. I. seriously. shit. you. not. Play it if you want but watch out for the 0.0 alliance bullshit or you'll see Lenny's ass in a bedsheet floating in front of you like the ghost of Christmas future.

Last edited:

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
..Yeah and watch out for Eve because it will turn you into a lunatic. I used to play but quit when Goonswarm fizzled from prankapple to pubfest. My retarded friend is still there and the shit that people who are really into the game do crosses the line into incredibly fucking creepy. Case in point he just jacked a titan (big-ass death star ship). He made accounts on forums one of another alliance's titan pilots hangs out on, spent like 6 months befriending the guy to the point that the pilot 'got him started playing Eve'(lol) and sponsored him into his corp, all the while dropping poison about a director he knew the guy couldn't stand, then when the guy got pissed off enough about the director to quit, he talked the pilot into passing him the account without letting anyone know so the alliance wouldn't lose the use of the titan or suffer from dramabombs over the directors fighting. He's probably attending one of their e-board meetings or floating around in the stupid ship right now.

Do you know what it's like having a friend send you 10 wav clips a day for half a week asking if you can tell two people apart while he tweaks his voice changing app to impersonate a dude on ventrilo? That's right it's incredibly fucking creepy, and still not half as bad as some of what goes on. The old goon spymaster once tried to get a gay fleet member to SEDUCE A DEV at a gathering to score sekret game infoz. I. seriously. shit. you. not. Play it if you want but watch out for the 0.0 alliance bullshit or you'll see Lenny's ass in a bedsheet floating in front of you like the ghost of Christmas future.

This is why EVE is awesome.
How often do you see people go to this extent?

Last edited:

Zarbolord

Hawt brown eyed dragon
I suggest you play Phantasy Star Online Blueburst. There's a free server, been there for a while now actually xD They're also gonna start hosting for ep3 C.A.R.D Revolution soon, so I suggest u have a look. Schthack Blueburst rules =] (altho Chrono is the hoster now).

kitetsu

pissy esoteric

DragonRift

Space Invader
I recommend NOT going to another MMO if a life is what you want. Besides, do you really want to keep on paying monthly to allow some developer to hopelessly suck years of your life away?

BlackRequiem

It takes a lot of moderation to play an MMO without burning yourself out or going over board with the hours you log in. Ultimately you will accumulate a lot of time invested in one but playing it nonstop from sun up to sun down is just retarded. You'll get there one way or another and going on a crash course grind session for a few weeks is not the way to do it. Just set a goal for yourself that you have to reach by the end of the week and stick to it. For WoW I like to set my goal at 'gain three to five levels by the end of the week'. Some people I've played with can go up ten, even twenty levels in a single week but that's just not the way to do it. Yes, this also means that you'll be paying monthly fees longer. Yes, this is what Blizzard and any other developer wants.

For my vote I'm going with Guild Wars. I've had so much fun just going through the campaign quests with friends and if PvP has any appeal to you it's not bad in that respect, either.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Where is the "NONE" option?

I vote don't get sucked into one of those money and time sucking MMOs.

Dranslin

Well if you were to ask me I've got a few suggestions:

First I would suggest Horizons, which just had the name of the game changed to Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted, namely due to the websites not being horizons.com. Anyways, I am a bit partial to this game, however the community is simply amazing. There has been some drama going around, but overall everyone you meet in there is kind, generous and overall fun to be around. Horizons also is the only MMO I know of that allows you to play a dragon, which that alone was enough to drag me in *grins* There's also the saris (feline), Satyr, Sslik (scaly) and Dryad (fairy) races to go along with the typical races. I have to say though, once you've reached lv 100/100/100 and built your lair, you tend to run out of things to do, but I have been playing all 4 years myself.

Other than that, Vanguard if you can handle the game... 17gb about to install and a bit laggy with a high end computer, but the game itself isn't bad at all in my opinion. Huge landscape, lots of quests, just had race specific mounts added, and plenty of furred races to play (( no scaly though *pout*))

Other games I have played: UO, SWG, Eve, Planetside, RS, WoW, EQ, EQ2, RYL, Fiesta, ROSE... *ponders* probably a few more, out of that list though I'd probably only suggest UO and Fiesta, mostly because would be getting away from mainstream games that im sure have been played already.