• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What mobile CPU do i need as minimum for smooth web browsing?

KippLink

Beginner Artist
Hello everyone!
So it seems my current laptop that has a I5-3340M processor just doesnt feel fast enough to render some of the current websites. It takes a while to enter fullscreen on youtube, it struggles with loading stuff on ebay and it has its fair share of wait when running apps on the OS itself. So out of curiosity what sort of budget options for something faster is there?

ben909

vaporeon
are you sure the procrssor is the slow part on your computer?

I got a Intel Core i3 2330M from 2012(I believe) on my laptop and if I put it on performance or balanced mode it handles browsing just fine. Considering yours is one generation newer it should as well. I'd suspect maybe it's your current selected power plan/cooling profile that may downclock it or that possibly your browser or system may be slowed down by other background processes or a slow drive even. Have you also checked so your system memory usage so it has free memory and doesn't use it all? Once you peak out and it has to use virtual ram on a drive it becomes way slower.

Personally I've formatted my laptop twice, and one of which I installed an SSD and windows 10.

Hello everyone!
So it seems my current laptop that has a I5-3340M processor just doesnt feel fast enough to render some of the current websites. It takes a while to enter fullscreen on youtube, it struggles with loading stuff on ebay and it has its fair share of wait when running apps on the OS itself. So out of curiosity what sort of budget options for something faster is there?

The processor should definitely be able to handle websites.
What operating system are you running and how much system RAM do you have? I recommend at least 8GB.

Are you connected via wireless? We can find out what wireless standard you're connecting with and what your signal strength is.

Do you know if you have a SATA hard drive or a SSD?

ben909

vaporeon
also, do non internet programs run slowly, if they run fine, then its probably your internet connection

KippLink

Beginner Artist
Thanks for your replies everyone, its a 12gb Ram system with a SSD drive and stock integrated GPU.
I think the main issue is because its an ultrabook and has limited cooling system, the part where the fan is always pretty hot despite numerous attempts of repasting and making sure the fans and heatsink fins are clear of dust. So it works pretty well for few minutes when you start it and as soon as you begin watching youtube at 1080p it goes off like a jet engine. But i think if im going for something else i definitely need a different CPU as don't want to go back from what i have atm.

ben909

vaporeon
Thanks for your replies everyone, its a 12gb Ram system with a SSD drive and stock integrated GPU.
I think the main issue is because its an ultrabook and has limited cooling system, the part where the fan is always pretty hot despite numerous attempts of repasting and making sure the fans and heatsink fins are clear of dust. So it works pretty well for few minutes when you start it and as soon as you begin watching youtube at 1080p it goes off like a jet engine. But i think if im going for something else i definitely need a different CPU as don't want to go back from what i have atm.
try getting a stand with extra fans, that helps

although youtube issues could really be internet connection problems, i have had very good laptops work very slowly because the only thing they could connect to was a crappy dsl line thats all that was available, and then have had older and almost breaking laptops run things well with city or suburban cable internet.

if the fan is a sign of the problem, the its more likely your gpu from my experience, although i don't know if youtube should be using that

everything about your computer seems on the better end, or at least not on the bottom end