• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

AzureKiteUsagi

Sorrow has left me here.
Wolf Children. I just love the story to it, and the scene at the end between Yuki and Souhei still makes me get a little misty-eyed every time I see it.

LOVE Wolf Children. The writing is a breath of fresh air, the animation is gorgeous and impressive. The music is phenomenal, especially the scene where Ame, Yuki, and Hana are rolling down the snowy hill!

Cyanomega

Blade runner because it's just a great noir film that's beautifully shot and the acting is top notch.

The Thing, it's just one of my favorite horror movies ever.

Clue because it will always cheer me up and is so damn funny which such a great cast.

Arsenic and old lace because I have so many fond memories of watching it with my grandmother.

Evil Dead because it is the best B movie and started my love of B movies in general.

The list goes on but I'll leave it be for now.

Corran Orreaux

Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. That movie means a lot to me, helped me cope with bullying when I was younger.

V for Vendetta was the first movie I remember seeing that made direct mention of and sympathized with LGBTQ people. The story shown in the form of notes read by the main character Evey while imprisoned of a lesbian woman being rejected by her family, running off with her girlfriend, and having her life destroyed when the regime came to power really stuck with me. Few movies do I remember giving me the same feelings of hope for the future.

Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back - a classic story of rebellion and good vs evil. Star Wars is very important to me and Empire has a big hand in that.

Scream - One of the first big 'self-aware' slashers, I've seen it so many damn times it isn't healthy.

Oldboy (2003) - A fantastic drama and action movie with a bloody amazing soundtrack. It was the first Korean film I ever watched, with a twist that still gets me even after having seen it so many times.

Django Unchained

Shahf the Wolfo

Recently watched Free Solo like three times in a month which is a rarity for me :D

It's very interesting and honestly even though I know the outcome everytime I'm on the edge of my seat!

N

Nyro46

- Coraline. Because it's my favourite movies. (Or one of them). I'm just very intrigued by the idea of it, I really like the creepy aspect and the artstyle (I'm a bit of a sucker for stop motion). I remember I first saw it on the display TVs at Costco, LOL
- Fox and the Hound, another one of my favourites. Well, it is my favourite Disney movie. I really like the style of it, I like that it is not a happy ending story, but a bittersweet one. A lot of people consider the Fox and the Hound to be "depressing", but I like that part of it for some reason? IDK, I like sad stuff.
- The Stupids . . . I like that movie, okay?
- Over the Hedge. Because I watched it a million times as a kid (I was OBSESSED with it). I don't even know what it was that I liked about it so much, I think I thought it was funny and liked the animals? Maybe because of the plot being about them trying to steal food? idk I seemed to have a fixation on that as a kid.
- Thor, because my brother was obsessed with it so I ended up watching a ton
- Finding Nemo, I watched it a lot when I was little. (And was obsessed with Dory when I was little? idk why).
- Monsters Inc. I think especially because the door physics fascinated me.
- Christmas movies: A Christmas Story, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Elf I have seen a lot.

VirginiaBlack

I often watch different movies and TV shows there because everyone needs to unload after a hard day. I used to watch movies on Netflix, but once I decided that paying a lot of money just to watch a movie was enough, so I found another great option for it. I think you should take a closer look at one service xmovies and maybe the movie or series will be in much better quality. There are lots of movies and TV shows of all genres and from all countries, so you can find any movie you want there. I think you should take a closer look.

Last edited:

aomagrat

"Mr Roberts" and "The Caine Mutiny" are the most realistic navy movies I've seen. Navy guys go around quoting those movies all the time. If I'm channel surfing and come across one of them, I'm in for the duration.

D

Deleted member 134556

The Matrix trilogy, because it's still amazing to this day for so many reasons

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I went through quite the Lord of the Rings phase with a small group of friends.. Like, obsessively. Not only were we learning Elvish and Anglo-Saxon runes, but we got to where we could quote the entire first film, verbatim. Extended release and theatrical release.

And there was one year that was pretty rough so it became a bit of a ritual for me to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas every day; my 76 minutes of therapy.

I've watched Spirited Away quite a bit, as it is my favorite Miyazaki film.

But Sweeny Todd and Repo, mmm I very much like those, as well.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Cat's Don't Dance many times, was my favourite film growing up. Watched it time and time again on VHS, and then on iTunes thereafter. Loved the singing and the characters and story, genuinely great movie! still think about it sometimes.

The Princess Bride is a great one I'vve seen dozens upon dozens of times. Just an all around great, fun movie.

The Mummy I've seen so many times. My mother and brother and I often joke about it. Last time we all watched it together we were showing it to someone who had never seen it before, and we joked that we could probably perform the whole thing ourselves because we know it so well. Honestly, we probably could too.

And then obviously The Mummy 2, with the Scorpion King. Less times than the first, but still quite a few.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I definitely had a habit of rewatching the same movies over and over again. To be fair though, my excuse for rewatching things like Aladdin, Lion King and Ferngully were almost always for the songs. Back in the days where I didn't have my own walkmen. XD

Spirited Away (once I got over my fear of violence/death/blood). Mewtwo returns. I definitely fell out of that phase early Highschool though. Barely watched anything since.

Kailirian

The filmography of Quentin Tarantino, with Inglorious basterds as my favorite movie ever, not just his.
The Lost Boys, only the original. I watched that movie when I was around 10 years old an it blew my mind.
Terminator, till the third one, isn't as good as the first two but still I enjoyed a lot

sleepy kitty

yeeter yeeter, pumpkin eater
Dumb and Dumber, because it makes me laugh everytime.

Austin Powers 1, 2 & 3 for the same reason.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
The Princess Bride. I saw it when I was a kid in the late eighties and I don't think I can ever get tired of it.

Tombstone. Val Kilmer's character Doc Holliday makes the whole thing worthwhile.

Seabiscuit. It's long, but it absolutely hits me in the feels every time. "You know, you don't throw a whole life away, just 'cause it's banged up a little."

Step Into Liquid. A documentary about surfing. I have never surfed in my life but anyone who has a passion for something should be able to relate to it.

Buck. Another documentary. It's about a horse trainer, but again the topics of the movie could be applied to a lot of areas in life, mostly just how you relate to others.

mightybeeb

funky munky
I love Sweeney Todd too! I saw a local production of it in a very small theatre which was unusual because it usually has this big, grandiose set with complicated props, but this one had to be very minimalistic. It was still phenomenal, and the vocal power of that tiny cast blew me away. Okay enough theatre geeking, back to the topic:
1. The Prince of Egypt (my all-time favorite movie)
2. Blades of Glory
3. Coraline
4. JoJo Rabbit

Kumali

Lupine-American
Casablanca. Yeah, I know, it was partly made for propaganda reasons, but it was propaganda for the right side (the Allies in WWII), and the writing, acting and direction are all just about perfect.

Roman Polanski's Macbeth and Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet. My two favorite film adaptations of Shakespeare (and I've seen a LOT). Say what you will about Polanski's personal history, the man's an amazing director.

Stop Making Sense. Talking Heads aren't even my favorite band (though I do like them), but this is just an exhilarating concert film from beginning to end.

The Jungle Book (2016 live-action/CGI version). Well, okay, I only saw it three times while it was still in theaters. :) It's not particularly faithful to the Kipling original, and we really didn't need the two songs, but at least it isn't a complete insult like other versions have been. Neel Sethi did a terrific job of acting against a green screen as Mowgli, the voice actors all nailed their parts (especially Idris Elba as Shere Khan), and the visuals are just flat-out mindblowing.

Last edited: