• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

JIBBLY

♡ Lovely Baby ♡
A.I. Artificial Intelligence. I grew up with the movie and I think it's absolutely heartbreaking in an obscure sort of way. I cry every time.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I went to watch Avengers Assemble 15 times while it was showing in cinemas. I pretended to be nerdy but to tell the truth I just wanted to perv over Tom Hiddleston. Can you blame me, though? :p

I watched The Machinist eight times in one week because I loved the eerie atmosphere and particularly the use of the theremin in the soundtrack. The muted visual style and surreal events give it a dream-like feel. I also felt sympathy towards the main character. His confusion and tortured existence was pretty heart wrenching.

Morrisilver

Anything from studio Ghibli. But my top picks are Howl's moving castle, Spirited away and Princess Mononoke. All of those movies are absolutely magical and have interesting messages.

kelliegator

RoboCop (the original, duh). It just has... everything. Action, satire, hilarious amounts of gore, and more!

Also, Dredd (not to be confused with the 1995 Judge Dredd movie which was bleh). I don't know why, the movie isn't all that deep or anything, but it's just the most solid sci-fi action movie I can think of that I like to watch. Well, technically Blade Runner 2049 is a better movie but it's also almost three hours long while Dredd is a mere 90 minutes, so yeah. @w@

DianaLambert

The film tells the story of the journey of Bilbo Baggins, who embarks on a grand quest to reclaim the lost dwarf kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Quite unexpectedly, the hobbit makes contact with the wizard Gandalf the Grey. So Bilbo finds himself joining the company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Duboshield. Their journey will take them through Anduin, the Wilderness, through treacherous lands inhabited by goblins and orcs, deadly wargs and giant spiders, people who change their skins, and wizards. If you're interested, you can read it here.

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"The Addams Family" (90's, Raul Julia, etc)...to me it was a flawless movie and absolute art! Gomez forever!!!

<agitated> "They say a man who represents himself in court has a fool for a client. Well with god as my witness...I AM THAT FOOL!!!"

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
The Transformers: The Movie is a big one

- Quotable as fuck, half the lines are now like, catchphrases in the brand
- It's pretty gorgeous
- Introduced me to Cosmic Horror
- VA cast is pretty great. Notable inclusions are Judd Nelson (The Breakfast Club), Eric Idle (Monty Python) and Orson Welles (Citizen Kane)
- The goddamn balls the writers had is astounding. They start killing main characters from the show off in the first ten minutes, and don't look back. Most famously Optimus Prime, protagonist of the show, dies on an operating table after being shot repeatedly at point blank range. After that I'd say the next most brutal were Ironhide (Head blown off, again at point-blank range), Ratchet (Insides melted) and Starscream (reduced to ash)
- Both the soundtrack and score are fantastic. They even got Weird Al Yankovic in!

It's certainly not a good movie beyond it's cult classic status - it's incredibly inconsistent and cynical in how it exists purely to market the 1986 wave of figures, but it has a charm to it the Michael Bay movies never had.