• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What originally got you into Furries?

Ricky

But I've also seen Zabu the sergal, Telephone Ring Ring, Majira Strawberry, and Al CaBone in cringe comps, so it's kinda hard to call them "cringe" tbh ._.

Those names make me cringe...
facepalm3.gif

Baremen

I wanted to join the furry fandom to find more LGBT themed comics. It all started from something simple for me.

I was reading comic books (New 52 Green Lantern Alan Scott). Then I wanted more LGBT themes and struggles so it went like this:

DC Comic Books > Marvel Comic Books/Graphic Novels > Independent Comic Books > Short Stories > SmackJeeves Comics > Furry Comics > Furry Art

The comic that really got me interested in furries was Furpiled by LeoMagna and then Circles by K-9.

All#the#fuR

Everything changed when the Fire Nation killed God
I wanted to join the furry fandom to find more LGBT themed comics. It all started from something simple for me.

I was reading comic books (New 52 Green Lantern Alan Scott). Then I wanted more LGBT themes and struggles so it went like this:

DC Comic Books > Marvel Comic Books/Graphic Novels > Independent Comic Books > Short Stories > SmackJeeves Comics > Furry Comics > Furry Art

The comic that really got me interested in furries was Furpiled by LeoMagna and then Circles by K-9.
Like same tho X3

Onyx the Aby

Anyone ever notice that most furry cringe comps aren't very cringey at all?
I guess that fursuit = cringe or something.
Not saying there aren't cringey furries in cringe comps, though. I've seen a few. But I've also seen Zabu the sergal, Telephone Ring Ring, Majira Strawberry, and Al CaBone in cringe comps, so it's kinda hard to call them "cringe" tbh ._.

True that. More cringe videos have made me laugh than actually "cringe."

Tattorack

Explorer
Dunno, I've always thought anthro characters were cool and made a handful of alien species resembling animals on Earth long before I knew there even was such a thing as the Furry Fandom.

some_random_wusky

The Dankest Meme
i saw this documentary on tv one summer and it was about a guy who was a furry and had a fursuit. i was like 'wtf is this' and i looked it up and yeah.

Sagabel

Well, I grew up in the 80s and 90s, and back then, it was common for children media to involve furries. So it always felt a bit normal to me.

Then, I got deeper in the Internet in the 2000s and discovered an exciting new community that, despite its "reputation", had a strong attraction to me, expressing what many love and need deep inside.

It's only now that I am embracing this part of me, with others. :)

Tiger Socks

I honestly didn't join the community until 2 weeks ago XD I avoided it because I was afraid if I were a furry a lot of people would hate me. But I'm 18 now so I don't give a shit lol.
I always knew I was furry and tbh I had a fursona when I was 6 I just didn't know it was a fursona I just thought of it as being "me as an animal"
I had oc's for teenage mutant ninja turtles, sonic (it was dark times ok) and scooby doo but I honestly didnt know about furries until 2012 where a friend of mine by accidently sent me yiff ._.
I was 14 and was sheltered most my life so when I saw it my brain just exploded

AlphaGaming

Noble ze Arctic Wolf
Blame Disney, blame Disney for EVERYTHING
That and the khajiits from the elder scrolls XD
And my wonderful, wonderful, late dog

There was also a time when someone drew me as a wolf and I was like "woah, this is a pretty shitty drawing" and was yet attracted to the drawing because it was me but not me. I'm guessing what it feels like for some people to have a fursona?

That last bit was a HUGE mouthful, jeez

SeereReprobus

Lovely Loba
Pokemon! Especially my favorite game Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which is great game with an awesome storyline and fun characters--but considering that you play as a Pokemon in a talking Pokemon-exclusive world, it's pretty furry. (Also, I've loved talking animal Disney movies ever since I was a baby!)

D

Deleted member 82554

Did I ever tell you about the time I was bent over a table and fondled by a man in an animal costume?

The moral of the story is: that's how I became a furry...