• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

what other fandoms/subcultures do you belong to?

Not many. I like gaming, but that hobby enrages me more than it pleases me--and so does the community. I like learning military junk (whether its history or the latest weapon that's been invented), but that's about it.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Anime, Dr. Who, bronies, Trekkies...

You'd be better served asking me what I don't belong to. But anywhere people are having fun in costumes and pretending to be something they're not, I'll be there.

PurpleFloyd

PurpleFloyd
Anime, cosplay, theatre nerd, slowly becoming a huge Legend of Zelda nerd, gamer kinda, theme park enthusiast, food enthusiast...

Retro game music, Retro game music making(trackers), Touhou, Touhou music circles(of all music genres), Video editing(YTPMV), Demoscene(Using computer code to create very fancy, beautiful visual scenery - dates back to the oldest of consoles).
I guess nothing changed since the last time.

Jaseface

Bark! Bark!!
Ok here it goes raver, dj (they seem to have there own subculture). Technical theatre nerd. Amusement park/ rollercoaster fenatic (mostly down to the amusement park close by my house called Lagoon. We call ourselves lagoonatics and i can tell you so much history about the park from its beginning when it opened in 1886 to now)

Glitch

SLUDGE FACE
Doctor Who, then recently way into Mother/Earthbound, and other various video games.

And a band geek, as long as those count as their own subculture. :v

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I am an avid RPG lover, as in D&D, Shadowrun, Eclipse Phase, Dark Heresy, GURPS, and more.

CatterHatter

The Grain of Salt
I don't belong to most fandoms really. Tons of stuff I enjoy, but not enough to go out and find a lot of people and integrate with them or spout on about it other than to a few random friends or family I can corner. Such as:
-Anime
-Collecting coins, Magic cards, and Legos
- I probably was part of the Lego fandom when I was a kid, but even though I collect them still it is not as much as an interest as it used to be.
- Video games

These are a bit more solid:
- I do feel part of the furry fandom to an extent just for having the guts to go to a furry convention and wanting to go again. Let alone making a fursona for myself and identifying easily with some parts of the fandom. I'm not immersed, but it certainly has part of my interest.
- Homestuck is pulling me in. If I read any more of it...
- I'm an Adventure Time fan! I'm collecting clothes, toys, and other memorabilia involving that show. For me it is just the right blend of fantasy, whimsy, humor, strangeness, violence, morbidness, and action.

Finally, the one thing I do feel I belong to the most is Fantasy. This includes every subcategory, but my favorites being epic and urban. To explain, I've actively read fantasy books since 3rd grade or so, always enjoyed fantasy shows, movies, and video games, and I have been RPing epic fantasy tales with people online for 9 years of my life. I also, recently, picked up D&D Pathfinder with a group of friends. So it is safe to say the fantasy realm has me in its clutches. I know this bleeds into other fandoms and such so it is harder to define, but this is what I go with.

Schwimmwagen

I don't know.. all of my friends have this weird boner for history and military history. It completely baffles me but rock on I gess.

I just can't help but find facts like the reasons behind NATO armies manufacturing only weapons that share the exact same magazines and ammunition with each other after WW2 extremely interesting. :c And of course, the nations in the Warsaw pact doing something similar.

Goodness, these facts, mmmm~

Zabrina

Awoken
Doctor Who, Supernatural, My Little Pony, Adventure Time, and the cat fandom.

CatterHatter

The Grain of Salt
the cat fandom.

Sign me up there too. Forgot to mention my cat obsession. They are just so freakin' cool and cute. Even my bitch of a calico cat. It shows my commitment just putting up with an animal like that. I have a scar or two from her. She is sweet though when she's not possessed with all manner of evil. :3

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I just can't help but find facts like the reasons behind NATO armies manufacturing only weapons that share the exact same magazines and ammunition with each other after WW2 extremely interesting. :c And of course, the nations in the Warsaw pact doing something similar.

Goodness, these facts, mmmm~
thats called the cold war never ended and we are preparing for the FINAL BATTLE

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Here's a question: which fandom tends to be the nerdiest (and then, what qualifies as "nerdy")?

Just watched "Trekkies 2," and was intrigued by how spergy-trainspotty so many of the people were.

FIGHT!