• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What other Subcultures do you belong to?

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
It is impossible to belong to just one subculture... What else are you other than a furry?
Though I despise labels, I would be classified as a mix of Beatnik(dead subculture), Otherkin, Paranormal Junkie, UFO junkie, and simply put, Loner.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
stoner , nerd , hack/crack , science buff , sci-fi lover , and a massive gun nut.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
It is impossible to belong to just one subculture... What else are you other than a furry?
Though I despise labels, I would be classified as a mix of Beatnik(dead subculture)
Theres a reason it's dead, ya? Also, I am a militant gay stoner furry. Top that.

Bambi

Joined 2008 - Returned 2022
Me?

Gay, Open sexually and mentally, up on that pop culture bit, and all that jazz furry.

Not nessecarly subcultures; but, shi ... I'm my own man. ;3

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
Does retail employee count as a subculture? 'Cause it's its own universe, that one :)

Used to be outwardly goth. Still one in my heart, but I don't get to dress up anymore. *sigh* I miss clubbing so much. I'm part of the art culture in my hometown, if there's a pagan subculture in my town i'm a part of that, and the gay subculture as much as I can be here.

Hanzo

I make bills for your thrills
I am a gothic wanna be juggalo.....>.> Really I don't know, I dont like labeling myself to anything

Adrimor

Banned
Banned
Computer nerd
Video gamer
Pretentious jackass with delusions of individuality (wait...does that count?)
"Small-r" republican (read Gore Vidal--he'll make it clear)
Bladed weapon lover (with an actual grasp of swordsmanship)
Archery fan (also with a bit of skill)
Neophyte gun aficionado (never fired anything more powerful than an overpumped BB gun, though--and oddly enough, I hate bludgeoning weapons)
Poet/musician with nihilist tendencies (or at least the delusions of them),
Aspiring Renaissance man
Wannabe resurrector of the Grunge movement (or something similar in scope and concept, anyway--different fashion, of course)
Intermediate student of the Ancient Ways of Fatassity
General practitioner of BFI

So...how many of those count?

Last edited:

Le_Démon_Sans_Visage

evolution's cruelest joke
Computer nerd
Wannabe resurrector of the Grunge movement (or something similar in scope and concept, anyway--different fashion, of course)

But the fashion was the best part! For a few glorious years, the way I always dress was actually in style.

Adrimor

Banned
Banned
But the fashion was the best part! For a few glorious years, the way I always dress was actually in style.

Well, it wouldn't be TOO diffferent...just...I dunno. Don't quite have the idea for that part yet...ah, well. Forget the fashion part, then--I'm just sick of all these cookie-cutter bands with poptart lyrics and dime-store angst. And, above all, "guyliner". That alone is reason enough for all of them to be burned.

In the name of rock, let it be made so.

I

Ishnuvalok

Furry, computer nerd, gamer, gun nut, science lover and motor enthusiast.

Slayn

bang your head.
crazy rock addict,
that weird guy,
pinnapple, (don't ask)
hippie.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish

So...how many of those count?

Oh, yes... I was nothing more than a bumbling cherub when it started to die down, but I am a huge fan of Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, and Pearl jam...
By the way... I am a nature freak, and an armoured vehicle freak...
I have recieved more than just a little criticism for my obsessions over the years...

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie
starving artist (not exactly "starving", but I've grown to eat half a little pack of ramen as one meal)
fist-fighter
Drama queen. (well... I love musicals and theatrical performances... >>; Is that a subculture?)
Gamer girl
otaku (would that be considered a subculture although it's kinda big?)
um... I can't think of anymore... I just woke up like an hour ago.

Furthlingam

Master of Exegesis
Aside from Furry? Hm.
Atheist/Freethinker
Compatibilist
Skeptic
Democrat
Liberal
Feminist
Hippie
IT Flunky
Tae Kwon Do student (1 dan, Ji Do Kwan)
Tabletop RPGer
Recluse
Tee-totaler
MMOer (City of Heroes)

StormSong

Atheist Pagan.
BDSM.
Hippy. (Yeah contradictive I know...)
Pyromaniac.

FAG!

It's a subculture... Honest...

I could think of more.

Have no energy though.

MEH.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
Technically I don't even belong to Furry subculture. I'm just a fan.

Though if you mean: "anything you belong to by definition", then... Well, my music folder only would throw me in five hundred different groups as it is...

Last edited:

Anbessa

aside furry:

Role-playing gamer (pen&paper only, not that petty computer stuff. die orc!)
automobilist with the sub-subculture ancient self-moving thingies (i.e. old cars; also known as the most rusty hobby in the world)
model-kit builder
minifig collector
fantasy. sci-fi, crime and gothic novel nut. the fact that a german reads english-languaged literature since these special books will never see translation, puts me into another subculture.
comic freak.
metal head
social person. no really, those have become a rarity nowadays.

Last edited:

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
in school Redneck, Hothead, gangster(dont relaly know how i got that one) geek(liked to hang out with them thay know some crazy shit) hunter, smart ass. but mainly as hillbilly in school i was the hillbilly it was my nickname

i am my own subculture!!!!!

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
Furry, semi-gamer, computer nerd, calligrapher, writer, techno/eurodance addict, opera enthusiast...

I'd be surprised to find someone else who's in that last one!