• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What say to birb friend? Help

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned
Rain, a crow furry friend of mine:
"hey, do you know where this is from?"
*hands me a SFW picture of a crow furry from a very NSFW vore comic*

Me, sweating:
"I do. Do you?"

Rain, with huge smile:
*gives me a big hug*
"Oh thank God. I was worried you'd think I was weird."

Me, who was sent the comic in troll emails and is actually deeply disturbed by it (internally):
"help...me..."

kittyDecaying

Enjoyer of small shiny things. she/her
I guess it shouldn't really be a problem, right?
As long as they're a decent person it's not a big deal. Let them know that you aren't interested in the same stuff, of course, but also let them know you won't judge them about their kinks or whatever. It could be a bonding experience, lol. Having someone who knows you're weird in some way, but doesn't judge you for it, is a nice feeling.
Even if the content in it is disturbing, as long as it's harmless it shouldn't be an issue. If it's something morally wrong and they show a lot of interest in the real thing, maybe take that as a bit of a red flag. But it sounds like it's a harmless thing that they'll keep to themselves.

Rhyn Corinn

If it makes you uncomfortable, just ask them not to talk about it with you. You can still be friends with someone without sharing every one of their interests. Just let them know you accept them for who they are, because it sounds like that's what they're worried about more than anything. For instance, I personally can't stand the taste of eggs (though I have recently discovered egg whites are fine, apparently) and most of the people I know like it. That's not going to make me eat something I personally find gross, but I can understand that my repulsion is a subjective preference and no matter how much I hate eggs it's never going to be ok to treat someone else poorly because of that. I would guess your friend is probably afraid of that kind of reaction--which is understandable because the world is a terrible judgmental place--so as long as you let them know you accept them, there shouldn't be any issue.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned
If it's something morally wrong and they show a lot of interest in the real thing, maybe take that as a bit of a red flag. But it sounds like it's a harmless thing that they'll keep to themselves.
well it's something morally wrong and illegal depicted in fiction. not exactly a crime but showing interest in that type of content makes my toes curl.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned
If it makes you uncomfortable, just ask them not to talk about it with you. You can still be friends with someone without sharing every one of their interests. Just let them know you accept them for who they are, because it sounds like that's what they're worried about more than anything.
i have a large fanbase and they send me things i very much disapprove us but i've learned to live and let live. i've already changed the subject and said not to talk about it but it's very different when it's a person you like that you get along well with as opposed to fans who are truly strangers here for the freak show.

Rhyn Corinn

Look, whether or not you like what this person is into is irrelevant. Unless they have given some other reason to suspect they're doing something morally wrong--and I do mean actually doing something morally wrong--I think you really need to let this go. Like I said, most of the people I know like the taste of eggs and I personally think it's disgusting. But I'm not so wrapped up in my own preferences that I look down on other people for liking them. And if it's really so hard for you to stomach being friends with someone who likes something different from you, then just break it off. This person came to you and trusted you with something they were afraid to tell you, and you're going to hate them for it?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood something you said. I really don't mean to. But from what I can tell, it looks to me like you just can't accept someone else liking something you personally don't like. And if that's the case, I honestly don't think there's anything I or anyone else can say to help.

Rhyn Corinn

Ah, well in that case, what else would you need to do besides asking them not to talk to you about it? I would think most people would be fine with that, just make it clear it's your preference and you don't hold anything against them, because it sounds like this person was scared to tell you in the first place.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned
Ah, well in that case, what else would you need to do besides asking them not to talk to you about it? I would think most people would be fine with that, just make it clear it's your preference and you don't hold anything against them, because it sounds like this person was scared to tell you in the first place.
yeah it's kinda how to explain to them that i know a lot about these weird things from my fanbase but i share no interest in them.

Jackpot Raccuki

DICE HAT!!
Part of a curious side of me wants to see the source. Both of the pic and the comic.

If I was you, I'd likely find out what they were 'worried' about.
Don't go in with a pickaxe, go in with a little chisel at first.