• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What scares you?

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Flying, anaesthesia and creepy crawlies (the latter, only afraid of large bugs).

I also hate being lost, even in videogames, but that's more of an annoyance than a fear.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Flying, anaesthesia and creepy crawlies (the latter, only afraid of large bugs).

I also hate being lost, even in videogames, but that's more of an annoyance than a fear.

I am always lost, but in a figurative and moral sense. :]

owoLillian

100% Organic Nerd
I have a fear of death and the unknown. I think both of them go together in some way. I don’t know when I’m going to die, so it’s really unnerving to me sometimes.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm afraid of running into someone whose name I've forgotten, and knowing myself, I'll dance around any conversation to get them to say their name because I'm too much of a wuss to ask them upfront.

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
Ants. I know it's a silly phobia, but they horrify me.
A face staring at me through a window at night.
Being trapped somewhere with no way out and no one to help me.
Thinking about the house being on fire and unable to save anyone or anything.
Dead human bodies decomposing.
Being sexually assaulted then murdered with no one ever finding my body.
Being lost in a foreign land where no one understands me.
Falling off a cliff.
Being in deep water with something else in the water with me.
My mom getting Alzheimer's/dementia.

Last edited:

Squid-Killer

The Squidious Maximous
Wasps, developed a fear of them after finding a giant nest in a lamp when i was a kid also because they are really really mean.

But one of my most admittedly embarrassing fears, escalators, i'd rather take the stairs than go on one of those deathtraps :s

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Timid Nature-Often lost in thought
Most insects, arachnids, most bats, some monitor lizards, and (weirdest one) I have a slight phobia of vomit.

I know, I'm not quite "right".

Last edited:

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Nothing...

Quite literally I have a deathly fear of being stuck somewhere with an absence of anything (weird I know).

Also lifts (elevators) I'm not claustrophobic normally but I would rather run up 10+ floors of stairs than get in one of those metal boxes.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
How scarily smart I can be at times.

clarkson.jpg

TheCynicalViet

I'm actually legit afraid of worms. Like, I know something like an earthworm can in no way ever hope to beat me but looking at it writhe around and how featureless it is makes me sweat and erect in fear.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I'm actually legit afraid of worms. Like, I know something like an earthworm can in no way ever hope to beat me but looking at it writhe around and how featureless it is makes me sweat and erect in fear.
One day. One day the worms will take your family. YOU WILL BE NEXT >:3

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
But one of my most admittedly embarrassing fears, escalators, i'd rather take the stairs than go on one of those deathtraps :s
Honestly escalators scare me too. It's really awkward how much I struggle with getting on them when I'm with someone. It's weird because I had no problem with them as a kid. Same with ants, but now I have a phobia of them.

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
Elevators that take longer to open than you think they should. I always take the stairs if I can. I'm fine with ones that you can see out of, though.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Elevators that take longer to open than you think they should. I always take the stairs if I can. I'm fine with ones that you can see out of, though.

Same here. I was once stuck in the rickety old elevator on the 5th floor of an old warehouse converted into art studios, and that 5 minutes felt like 5 hours.

Also scary: when an elevator opens in-between floors.