• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What scares you?

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Giant River Otters
This thing is that one weird kid in school everyone makes fun of. All the other otters are cute and adorable and then there is this thing.

They are the living creature has the most "I thought those were chocolate chips but when I bit into it they were actually raisins" vibes

Inanis

If you'd ask as an irrational fear, definitely loud noises. I cringe at the sight of balloons or nearby fireworks.
Theoretically? Being incapacitated, accident, illness, suffering.

Biscayne

many dumb animals
Bugs. I like some of them (millipedes, isopods, beetles etc) but when I see a roach or a big spider I turn into a complete lizard brain fool

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I don't like being in high places with no support, and I don't like swimming in places where I can't see the bottom.

I am trained to operate a high lift/scissor lift at my workplace and HATE it. . .had to go up in a boom lift once also, with someone else operating it, and every time the thing sways I just close my eyes and grab the railing. Ugh.

As for the water, I have an Advanced Open Water SCUBA certification but I only want to do it in clear water. Nothing murky. Ironic, since my 'sona is aquatic. She's okay with open water, but she hates heights, too.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Any letter that looks like it might be a speeding notice.

M

MetalWolfBruh

Not particularly death, but feeling like I'm going to lose control and die, or an unpleasant cause of death, and not knowing what comes after, if there even is one. I'm scared of many things, maybe too much to even process. Sometimes, just the deep thoughts of being in scary situations, ones that you can picture yourself in makes me snap out of reality for a sec and feel like I'm really there, in dread, and then I find myself with my palms sweaty and continually scared when I stop the heavily visualized thought, a bit confused and frightened, because it feels so third-person and dissociating when you try to visualize a panicky and uncontrollable situation, and then suddenly stop thinking about it like everything is normal, essentially losing my grip. Deja vu does this to me too, albeit, to a lesser extent.

I'm scared of panic attacks or situations that cause panic, or out of control situations
DP/DR
Losing control of anything relating to my health and the health of the very view I care about
Loneliness (which is eating me alive along with the panic disorder)
Losing valuables because I'm not wealthy enough to replace anything.
Losing my healthcare, doctors, and medications
Fear of more resentment, and people only being nice for a short period of time until they're done using me
Not knowing people's true intentions
Afraid of not being believed or taken seriously
Feeling like I'll never be truly important to anyone or this planet, and exist merely to just dissatisfy and be dissatisfied.

Birdbf

I'm three ounces of whoop-ass.
Anything that has to do with teeth being broken or pulled.
(Which is ironic, considering my fursona is mouth/body horror deluxe.)

Lucidic

Well, can add this album
We're NOT meant to outlive our memories

THIS. Honestly, I was just about to say that because of this album, I've found the general concept of Dementia to be absolutely terrifying at this point. Like, I wish I could elaborate more on why, but thinking about it for too long makes me want to cry--excluding the rhyme.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
THIS. Honestly, I was just about to say that because of this album, I've found the general concept of Dementia to be absolutely terrifying at this point. Like, I wish I could elaborate more on why, but thinking about it for too long makes me want to cry--excluding the rhyme.
I have a relative who's suffering from it. This album makes me feel closer to her.

Connor J. Coyote

The ¥oteƵer Extraordinaire
Shopping lines :cool:.... in the coronavirus era. :eek:

Lucidic

I have a relative who's suffering from it. This album makes me feel closer to her.

I really wish the best for the both of you. It's honestly sweet that the album could create an unspoken bond between you two in a way. Cherish the time that you have with them if you two are close.

At most, the father of my mom's closest friend is currently suffering from Dementia. Granted, the other siblings of that family aren't taking it as seriously as they should. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, but I wish I could understand it a little more.

D

Domjoe414

The fact that a fair bit of society is advocating for infanticide, euthanasia, and assisted suicide, at the same time. (also the dark :p)

D

Deleted member 111470

Dying, earthquakes, drowning, going blind or deaf, car crashes.

Many things scare me.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
I fear the ignorance. I try hard to get attention as my owner tends to be distracted doing their stuff! Look at me daddy! Look at me tryna smash your jar!!

Ehem... where were we?

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I really wish the best for the both of you. It's honestly sweet that the album could create an unspoken bond between you two in a way. Cherish the time that you have with them if you two are close.

At most, the father of my mom's closest friend is currently suffering from Dementia. Granted, the other siblings of that family aren't taking it as seriously as they should. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, but I wish I could understand it a little more.
That's the thing, we have been close, she's my grandma and loved her grandchildren to death. But now she rarely even recognizes us :( it's situations like this that really makes me wonder what a person is, and what a great part of it, is memories. But she'll always be my grandma.

Kharayi

A bit sketchy.
The possibility of sharp and/or pointy things coming in contact with me. Especially needles. As a wee one, I managed to step on a toothpick and break it off in my paw deep enough it needed surgery to be removed. The anesthetic shot being stabbed in right next to it was the most painful thing I've experienced.

Also, the future is pretty scary.