• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What scares you?

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Watching family members literally rot away every day from disease is horrifying, and then you have the picture in your head before when they were healthy and how they've deteriorated every day since, wondering "how could this be real?".

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Two months and six pages isn't too long to bring back a thread, is it?

Anyways, I've got two other phobias I discovered that are... a bit more severe than I expected, and are actually kind of debilitating.

Cleithrophobia and soteriophobia.

Cleithrophobia is the fear of being trapped. Not small spaces themselves if there's an exit, but it's the lack of one that will do me in. It limits me less than expected since I can't fit into a lot of small spaces ANYWAY, but I despise any crawlspaces for this reason. Also hate being held for very similar reasons.

Soteriophobia is the fear of being dependent on others. This one is HUGE with me. Even the thought of not having a chance to do things myself terrifies me to the point where I get panic attacks. No amount of that dependence being in my best interest helps - I've heard too many stories where a dependent person gets exploited to even consider it anymore.

This PROBABLY explains some of my past attitudes.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
This post will get a little dark, just a fair warning.

When it comes to fears, stagnation and complacency more than anything scare me. Part of the reason I self reflect and self criticize as much as I do is to prevent myself from becoming complacent and self satisfied. I've found an excessive ego and pride in yourself makes you incapable of accepting criticism and self reflection, so naturally when you reach a level where you're that self confident, you will no longer grow, thus you can only fall. And I suppose I fear that more than anything, losing all of my mental faculties, thus becoming vulnerable to god knows who, waiting to prey on me while I'm unawares.
I couldn't imagine reliving the same tired routines, so divorced from the reality, as you slowly lose all that cost so much to gain. Naturally conditions like Alzheimer's and dementia scare the fuck out of me too.. Death seems preferable to that really, I couldn't let that happen to myself.

Anyways, on a lighter note, heights always scared me :p I'm a big wimp when it comes to Roller coasters.

Last edited:

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
Death in general, especially if I am alone and friendless still, and especially if my way there is through cancer.

Homelessness, being carless, unemployment, medical debt, and bankruptcy.

Going to the hospital for any reason, just can't afford it.

Having a bedbug infestation.

Going blind, deaf, or losing all my teeth for some reason.

Losing something or someone that I will never have in my life again and it be because of my actions or shortcomings.

That I won't improve my self discipline and habits to get a better job and standard of living and the result of that being anything mentioned above.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Getting into situations which I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and everyone notices. If normal tasks don't go smoothly for me I end up making it worse and more awkward.

My general paranoia around people. If people yell at or say ill of me it tends to stick in my head a lot, and over time I just don't trust people.

Large animals. Not even predatory ones, just large. Horses, donkeys, cows, whatever. I nearly got kicked in the head by a donkey when I was 13 and after that I just refused to get near them.

the sleepiest kitty

M̴̡͈̎̔͛̀͑̀̔͆̔̓Ȩ̷̺̠̫̦̝̮̩̜̃̏̿Ȏ̵̻̦̪͖͉̤̔̈́͒͝ͅẆ̴͉͚
BEES.

Wulf the Jackal

Future is concerning
I'm scared of not graduating, also that I might not get out of here and the that I won't succeed in my life. Basically, scared of the future. I don't know what will happen. But I'm just waiting doing nothing much, just living...

Erix

>‿‿◕
I'm scared of not graduating, also that I might not get out of here and the that I won't succeed in my life. Basically, scared of the future. I don't know what will happen. But I'm just waiting doing nothing much, just living...
You're not alone in that regard, I'm pretty worried for the future as well. Sometimes it can be hard for me to even believe that I'll be able to survive by myself out there. Though, I'm moving forward, and I'm trying to make the most it. I'm trying to make little changes in my life along the way so I can do more than just live. I want to feel like I'm actually doing something more than this routine I'm in, and hopefully when the time comes for a huge change in my life, I'll be ready, and hopefully you will be too friend.

Wulf the Jackal

Future is concerning
You're not alone in that regard, I'm pretty worried for the future as well. Sometimes it can be hard for me to even believe that I'll be able to survive by myself out there. Though, I'm moving forward, and I'm trying to make the most it. I'm trying to make little changes in my life along the way so I can do more than just live. I want to feel like I'm actually doing something more than this routine I'm in, and hopefully when the time comes for a huge change in my life, I'll be ready, and hopefully you will be too friend.
: pensive :

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
The idea of passing my peak and dying alone.

the sleepiest kitty

M̴̡͈̎̔͛̀͑̀̔͆̔̓Ȩ̷̺̠̫̦̝̮̩̜̃̏̿Ȏ̵̻̦̪͖͉̤̔̈́͒͝ͅẆ̴͉͚
My sister maybe losing custody of my niece to her narcissist ex

Orange Olive

civilisation in general scares me.

hundreds of species are going extinct every day and it's just a matter of time until we kill off something important and wipe out all life on earth.

IncenseAndIron

Big Tough Werewolf
For some reason, I am afraid and unnerved by the sight of a hand with thumbs on both sides. (Visually similar to the hamsa)

The thought of it scares me deeply, and I couldn't tell you why. Sometimes, I make a hand sign to myself that replicates a hand with thumbs on both sides, to test if I am still afraid of it. I always am. I feel like I am genuinely going crazy if I look at my own hands in that position for too long. It might be because I am psychotic, but I don't know.

If anyone has this fear, or anything similar to it, please let me know. It would reassure me a lot to know that I am not alone with this fear.

Adrian Gordon

what really scares me is the undeniable fact that humanity will end with a whisper rather than a shout.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
For some reason, I am afraid and unnerved by the sight of a hand with thumbs on both sides. (Visually similar to the hamsa)

The thought of it scares me deeply, and I couldn't tell you why. Sometimes, I make a hand sign to myself that replicates a hand with thumbs on both sides, to test if I am still afraid of it. I always am. I feel like I am genuinely going crazy if I look at my own hands in that position for too long. It might be because I am psychotic, but I don't know.

If anyone has this fear, or anything similar to it, please let me know. It would reassure me a lot to know that I am not alone with this fear.
I mean... I just did it and the concept is kinda freaky! Definitely something I've never thought about before!

If having one thumb gave us this much power, I fear what two can do. >_>

Adrian Gordon

I mean... I just did it and the concept is kinda freaky! Definitely something I've never thought about before!

If having one thumb gave us this much power, I fear what two can do. >_>
sorry but the symbol is kinda my family emblem since i'm Nge i'll make note not to use it if it scares people, i was going to put it in my avatar.