• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What should I pray for?

DrakkenWulf

Parent Fur
God came through here in the USA, even if only by a fraction. There's still such a long, long way to go.

What should I be praying for? With a fandom with as much love as we have, there's gotta be some good ideas out there.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I suggest working for something rather than praying for it.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I personally don't ever pray for things. But if you'd like to pray, the wellness of others is always worthwhile.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I pray for wisdom for all. I also pray that our leaders return to the era of spirited debate and compromise instead of continuing the us-vs-them mindset that will only serve to tear this country farther apart.

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
Hmm. Can pray for people to start taking personal responsibility and hold themselves accountable to their words and actions.

Oh.. Can pray for chocolate rain?

DrakkenWulf

Parent Fur
I pray for wisdom for all. I also pray that our leaders return to the era of spirited debate and compromise instead of continuing the us-vs-them mindset that will only serve to tear this country farther apart.
I pray that we _all_ return to spirited debate and compromise. And that we start creating ways to help people be able to trust each other on the Internet.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
God came through here in the USA, even if only by a fraction. There's still such a long, long way to go.

What should I be praying for? With a fandom with as much love as we have, there's gotta be some good ideas out there.

I have only one prayer...that whatever diety we're praying to makes their existence clear and plain and direct.

No "messages", no "miracles", no "trust this human's writings", and no "he appears, but in our hearts" or "look at the world and you shall find".
I'm talking about a clear absolutely non-ambiguous appearance for the sole purpose of saying "Here I am!". One that even the most hardened-hearted athiest would have to say "Ok, you got me, I was wrong...there's your God right over there!"

Because only THEN will this BS about humans fighting over religious beliefs and "interpretations" ever stop and we can get ON with things!!!

D

Deleted member 132067

A furry asking furries about what to pray for.
Mate, leave before you embarrass yourself (more than you already did).
There's nothing good that'll come out of this.

D

Deleted member 132067

I have only one prayer...that whatever diety we're praying to makes their existence clear and plain and direct.

No "messages", no "miracles", no "trust this human's writings", and no "he appears, but in our hearts" or "look at the world and you shall find".
I'm talking about a clear absolutely non-ambiguous appearance for the sole purpose of saying "Here I am!". One that even the most hardened-hearted athiest would have to say "Ok, you got me, I was wrong...there's your God right over there!"

Because only THEN will this BS about humans fighting over religious beliefs and "interpretations" ever stop and we can get ON with things!!!
I'm saddened that you have such little faith into our ability to remain stupid despite hypothetically cold, hard evidence being literally presented in front of our massively retarded faces.

D

Deleted member 134556

Praying is a good way to keep spirits up, but real change comes from your personal actions and dedication. However you are not alone in this, and there are many people in the world who will help you if you ask them.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I'm saddened that you have such little faith into our ability to remain stupid despite hypothetically cold, hard evidence being literally presented in front of our massively retarded faces.

<giggle> Now now, be honest...wouldn't even any believer want this??? To actully know 100% you're right not on faith but on facts that nobody can argue? Nothing guesswork, no signs, etc.

Think of the Avengers...Thor is literally standing with them, so the Norse religion is 100% verified in that world. Does that not make things simpler for anyone who was a Thor or Oden worshipper before he arrived? If a friend calls their religion bogus, they turn on the TV and point to their god!

D

Deleted member 132067

<giggle> Now now, be honest...wouldn't even any believer want this??? To actully know 100% you're right not on faith but on facts that nobody can argue? Nothing guesswork, no signs, etc.

Think of the Avengers...Thor is literally standing with them, so the Norse religion is 100% verified in that world. Does that not make things simpler for anyone who was a Thor or Oden worshipper before he arrived? If a friend calls their religion bogus, they turn on the TV and point to their god!
If Odin would show himself undisguised to us it would be literally the most awesome shit to ever happen, what do you mean? Ö.ô