• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What songs move you the most?

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
The music I am most moved by is by Queen, Enya, Florence and the Machine, Lin Manuel Miranda, and songs from My Little Pony and Steven Universe. What about you?

Lorim

Dunno, this one just resonates with me in a different way. It's one of those songs that, even though I love them, I can barely listen to.

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
I'm mostly moved by calm and melancholic songs. Something that lets my mind wander and imagination flow. When a melody tells storries beyond the capability of words, invoking feelings of beauty in the face of inevitable demise, showing the elusiveness of what we call life dwindling in the vastness of space and time. This is what really moves me. There is no special band I prefere, it's more individuel songs which get to me.

Rap Daniel

Clever dino wizard boi
Banned
"A Brand New Day" from Ace Combat 6
It always gets me to the edge of crying because it's that beautiful

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
I don't cry at a lot of music honestly, lyrics or not.
But this always manages to pluck my heart strings, I don't know why. I would say nostalgia but as a kid I cried when I listened to this for the first time. I guess it's having to say goodbye to the game because you just beat it. It's kinda bittersweet.

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
Kate Rusby and Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens) have a lot of stuff that makes me feel emotional

Good to see another fan of Kate Rusby! First time I heard her voice it raised hairs on the back of my neck.

Welcome to my World by Jim Reeves was played at my Gran's funeral a few years ago, and it came on the radio earlier this year while driving my lorry at work...I almost had to pull over as it stirred up all the emotions again.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
My goodness, where do I begin...

Sleeping at Last is definitely the artist that comes to mind in terms of what moves me. The song Uneven Odds below is one of many.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Two one-time end credit songs, both having capability to consistently destroy me every time I listen to them or think about context behind their usage. Cowboy Bebop has some of the most effective emotional gut-punchers in history of anime (and probably media as a whole), and if there is an x-factor in its ability to make you bawl like a toddler, it's brilliant soundtrack that's used specifically to just push you over the edge while you already struggle to keep yourself composed while watching the thing :D

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
Need I say more..?

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

RossTheRottie

Movie Buff, Aquascapist, Hack Writer
I've become deeply cynical and somewhat cold over the years so its become exceedingly difficult to find things that truly move me. But this one splits me open every time.
I don't even really go in for classical music but there's something very special about this piece in particular that always makes me go misty.
Sorry for the pretentious choice .

AbleFur

Livin in the sunlight, lovin in the moonlight.
Chances -- Athlete
I cry when I hear it because of when it was used in a Doctor Who episode

Memory -- CATS

Theme -- Schindler's List
So sad and beautiful