• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What species are the most commonly used in the community? Least used?

Liberonscien

Are you trying to find rare SPECIES or rare kinds or genera of animals? I've noticed in some of these that people will post some specific species like "Arctic Fox" which (lets just say) may be rare, but it very well fits into the fox archetype.

There are also weird quirks with species vs conception, as Box Jellyfish and Portuguese Man of war are about as different genetically as a human and a frog, but we kind of lump them both into "Jellyfishes."
I'm looking for stuff more like "canines, felines, and sharks" and less like "golden retrievers, domestic shorthairs, and tiger sharks".

Peach's

mathmagician
I'm looking for stuff more like "canines, felines, and sharks" and less like "golden retrievers, domestic shorthairs, and tiger sharks".
I was going to say, I cannot imagine there would be serious uplifting differences between an Arctic Fox and a Red Fox. lol

Liberonscien

I was going to say, I cannot imagine there would be serious uplifting differences between an Arctic Fox and a Red Fox. lol
I'm thinking they might have different diets and slightly different cultures but unless they had severe cultural dissonance then they would get along well enough.

Peach's

mathmagician
I'm thinking they might have different diets and slightly different cultures but unless they had severe cultural dissonance then they would get along well enough.

On that front then you gotta watch out for some Ant Species then, the Argentine Ant maintains three international super colonies all of which are in perpetual global warfare with each other, some 1984 stuff right there.

Liberonscien

On that front then you gotta watch out for some Ant Species then, the Argentine Ant maintains three international super colonies all of which are in perpetual global warfare with each other, some 1984 stuff right there.
Good point. When they are uplifted it is going to escalate their war immensely.

Drawmander

I draw and I mander - axolotl
Have you ever seen it be used before?
I couldn’t find any, so I made this:
0335-C41-C-E3-A9-4-A8-E-ADD4-ECF27423-FAC3.png

C

Cyroo

There are a handful of Tauren enthusiasts- although not much, compared to say, Draenei, or Pandaren. The next closest thing I can think of would be simple bovine animals, bulls and cows, but I can only think of one other person who has a bovine identity, and they're mostly on Discord.

I think the most common are dogs, wolves, foxes, and cats.

Liberonscien

There are a handful of Tauren enthusiasts- although not much, compared to say, Draenei, or Pandaren. The next closest thing I can think of would be simple bovine animals, bulls and cows, but I can only think of one other person who has a bovine identity, and they're mostly on Discord.

I think the most common are dogs, wolves, foxes, and cats.
Tauren?

EapingEagle

I've always wanted to see more Aquatic and avian fursona species being drawn.

Probably the most I've seen is Foxes and wolves.

C

CrookedCroc

Most used? Probably foxes and wolves
Least used? Something from the ocean, probably an stargazer, can't imagine why
images - 2019-08-17T225448.703.jpeg

D

Deleted member 132067

I've always wanted to see more Aquatic and avian fursona species being drawn.
I feel like there's a lot of people drawing sharks lately. Although almost all of them are overly cutsie females. I don't know what's up with that.

Glossolalia

just happy to be here
Elephants and rhinos are pretty rare. I've only seen a handful across the various art sites I visit.

I've always wondered why elephants are so uncommon as OCs/sonas. They're relatively popular, mainstream animals, they have interesting features that make for fun character designs, they can look cute or wise and dignified. You'd think they'd be prime sona material.

oappo

I've always wondered why elephants are so uncommon as OCs/sonas. They're relatively popular, mainstream animals, they have interesting features that make for fun character designs, they can look cute or wise and dignified. You'd think they'd be prime sona material.
My theory is it's because they're so big/fat. I suppose the logical conclusion is that the default elephant character would at least be chubby. Not to mention elephants don't really have the same type of charisma as say, tigers or lions or polar bears, despite their reputation. They lack the "cool" or "familiar" factor that so many popular species have.