• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What species would fit the name Daisan?

Davedd

aved
Alliteration is always fun. Daisan the Dog, Daison the Dragon, Daison the Donkey, etc.

I haven't even named my fursona yet so take my advice with a grain of salt.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
What species do you want your fursona to be? There's no strong name-to-species rules. Might find it easier to go that way.

Past that, I guess that name is Japanese in origin? So a Shiba. It's also chinese for "With Umbrella" so a frilled lizard would be a visual pun.
Maybe a Japanese Snow Monkey. They're pretty unique.

Cuddly Snow Gremlins

TheThirdBomb

Max Miscellaneous Cat
What species do you want your fursona to be? There's no strong name-to-species rules. Might find it easier to go that way.

Past that, I guess that name is Japanese in origin? So a Shiba. It's also chinese for "With Umbrella" so a frilled lizard would be a visual pun.
Yeah I know I just wanted the name to fit i guess. Both of those are really good ideas though!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
An Arctic Shrew, but Japanese :p

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned
the name daisan means "third child".

according to folklore the third child is themost precious member of a household others will risk their lives to pretect.

though not the main character of the events in their story, they are the backbone that keeps their brother's spirits high, the willingly thankless rock the others lean on for support.

i think therefore if you're to choose an animal is should be a creature that by natural shares a symbiotic relationship with other species.

for example those little birds that pick scraps from crocodile's teeth.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
the name daisan means "third child".

according to folklore the third child is themost precious member of a household others will risk their lives to pretect.

though not the main character of the events in their story, they are the backbone that keeps their brother's spirits high, the willingly thankless rock the others lean on for support.

i think therefore if you're to choose an animal is should be a creature that by natural shares a symbiotic relationship with other species.

for example those little birds that pick scraps from crocodile's teeth.
Oxpeckers?

There's also Cleaner Wrass, they're a fish that's similar

I have a thought - how many Cnidarian sonas do we have? Because a Man'O'War could work, as they aren't a single organism but rather a collection of smaller animals working in a colony - the ultimate form of symbiosis

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned
Oxpeckers?

There's also Cleaner Wrass, they're a fish that's similar

I have a thought - how many Cnidarian sonas do we have? Because a Man'O'War could work, as they aren't a single organism but rather a collection of smaller animals working in a colony - the ultimate form of symbiosis
yeah i think i meant ox peckers.

they also eat ticks.