• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What the crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janglur

I log in, and suddenly there's 29 journals. of then, 17 are about the FA mods and general extreme cries of 'attack/kill the mods' and other such extreme outcry.

FIVE seperate artists are complaining about mass deletions of their gallery due to FA suddenly changing rules, and not explaining what was changed or why suddenly dozens of pictures were deleted from each gallery.

Now, before I make any judgements, i'd sure like to know...
What's FA's official stance? I've not seen this much drama spill out this fast into the actual FA site since the cubfur dramafest. None of these posts are even two hours old!

What happened, and why do so many users suddenly want to revolt on FA?
The posts are all so vague. Just mass deletions, mods responsible, and 'unwritten rules'. But they ARE all consistant.

Dragoneer or someone? What's going on?

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?
The rules were kept by, though it may be the rules themselves that still need work or adjusting. The removals were consistent with the harassment that occurred. The drama is bigger than it ought to be and not nearly as widespread as it seems.

Janglur

BTW, i'm not naming names. But the artists involved are all VERY high profile. Not just some corner-stuffer like Vegex.

These people have art on the main site banners and donation buttons. They make an actual considerable % of the traffic on FA.

Janglur

I think we're discussing different situations.

These are FIVE seperate artists, each with one or more (over a dozen, in one case) pictures removed, and three accounts banned.

I see no connection to the content removed, the bans, or any unifying rule. They seem totally unrelated.

You sure we're talking about the same thing?

edit:
Scratch that, i'll PM, since I actually got a response this time.

Janglur

Mystery solved:

Unrelated series of coincidences.

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Aw crap, does that mean it's my turn to make the popcorn this time? D:

Anywho, it's likely a case of butthurt because the mods enforced the rules. Probably not from the media watchdog Uncia's prowl, but you may never know.

Either that or it's a hole in the database that will expand and eat the internet. Kinda like the nothing from the Neverending Story.

Janglur

Basically, short story long..

Drama happened. Drama spilled over. Admin did job. Admin got flak by those who caused drama.
Fanboys gave flak because dramallamas said to do so.

Someone's account glitched.

Three unrelated events occured.

I mis-associated all of these into one massive dramafest.

jamestigris

Janglur said:
I think we're discussing different situations.

These are FIVE seperate artists, each with one or more (over a dozen, in one case) pictures removed, and three accounts banned.

I see no connection to the content removed, the bans, or any unifying rule. They seem totally unrelated.

Actually the three or four instances that I saw all were related to images depicting Dragon voring (dragons being eaten).

The three artists that I've seen affected so far are KamiCheetah, Sonderjen, and Strega.

Janglur

Strega?

That's new to me. Link?

I'm just curious now about the actual drama, now that I know there isn't an insane admin on the loose as it appeared at first. If the drama is just what i've seen from the major artists, then i'm happy with it for the most part.
It was when friends of mine had accounts/posts/pics dissapear that I wondered WTF was up. They seemed 100% unrelated.

and they were.

jamestigris

This is actually from a week ago but it's so spot on topic with the rest of them that I would have to assume it is somehow related.
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/272605/

What I don't understand is what the hell is going on! All the journals are talking about an admin removing submissions and banning accounts for having posted inappropriate or harassing images. Near as I can tell the images have to do with Dragon vore. What I don't understand is how any of these images constitute harassment. Especially if you look at the KamiCheetah one (the only one I found), it seems completely innocuous and just plain cute.

It seemed that people thought an admin had gone nuts. Reading between the lines what I assumed had happened was an admin account hack, in which the hacking party tried to sow as much havoc as possible in the least obvious way.

Janglur

I assumed an admin had gone nuts too. History shows that as a highly probable occurance with FA.

Luckily, this seems not the case. The original issue /I/ saw was justified, and the drama a lot smaller and less widespread than it seemed.

A series of unfortunate events leading to an incorrect assumption.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Janglur said:
I assumed an admin had gone nuts too. History shows that as a highly probable occurance with FA.

Luckily, this seems not the case. The original issue /I/ saw was justified, and the drama a lot smaller and less widespread than it seemed.

A series of unfortunate events leading to an incorrect assumption.

I'm sorry but no.

Admins made a poor judgment call on this one. (aside from the ban on a user which was not related).

For the dragon thing:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/874629/

The submissions is TWO MONTHS OLD

The user decided to start up crap A WEEK AGO

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/874629/#cid:6448684

Calling someone else an idiot and starting up some discussion that didn't need to be done on another submission that had nothing to do with that user.

You decide to punish other artists that feel it's within their right to draw subject matter within the TOS regardless of what spurned it, you FAILED TO DEAL WITH THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM.

That user is caustic, he's going to continue antagonizing users for a subject matter he disagrees with that isn't even against the TOS, to use the TOS on one side of it and not effectively when that user is going to be a problem is the reason you got this meme and other stuff going when it should have been that the user who started should have been dealt with.

He has his opinion on things fine, but to willingly start calling people idiots on something so trivial, was way out of line.

Janglur

Well, to recap what I told someone else as a recap of what i've seen of the situation, and peiced together via testimonies on ALL sides involved:

Well, from what i've seen..

Sonderjen suggested a bunch of people go bash cubfurs. Then was banned for it.

A week later, someone is lost and stumbles on drama, and two others get involved.
It's handled by an admin, and people whine.

Then another subject, someone is super-crazy-obsessed with dragons to the point of going up in arms anytime one is shown dying, and they go out of their way to cause admin to step in and do something. They're both told to STFU and stop bickering, and someone just keeeeeps on pushing and puts up an inflammatory picture of someone eating the crazy person's char. That's harassment, and a nono. And admin remove and punish accordingly.
This is then misconstrued by the public at large to mean vore is banned on FA now. When in fact the original couple of images deleted were done to directly harass someone.

Thus, these are posted in protest of FA banning vore. Which they haven't done.

Hularious, no?

And for missing accounts entirely, apparently another, also unrelated, bug has caused that, which is being looked into.

No mass conspiracy
No horrible plot against the queen's life
Everyone can go the fuck home.

uncia

Janglur said:
They're both told to STFU and stop bickering, and someone just keeeeeps on pushing and puts up an inflammatory picture of someone eating the crazy person's char. That's harassment, and a nono. And admin remove and punish accordingly.
*nods*. The 6 day gap to taking action didn't help to make the root cause vs. resultant action very clear, nor explain to those following along as to why others were "caught up in that".

Leaving "B& for being a dick" on the primary community members profile doesn't exactly help to quell the drama, however. (Indeed, last time that was also counterproductive and became major drama in its own right; as should have been obvious).

02c/ymmv, anyhow,
d.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
They were considered harassment because someone else linked the submissions to his shout page. That's harassment but the images are not. If someone feels like posting "I'm gonna draw what I want that doesn't directly violate the TOS" that's their right. Simply because the other user didn't like it because it involved an incident that they involved themselves in still doesn't equate harassment.

Problem 2. There are a lot of incidents that will cause people to draw artwork. The user who is upset by it when the other artists don't even know of the "fursona's appearance" or what they look like can't unfortunately say it was targeted. Related? Yes, specifically targeted, no. You have evidence that supports that it was indeed *that* person's character, or was it a random dragon?

http://kamicheetah.deviantart.com/art/Paper-Dragons-74295936

I don't see that user's name or resemblance?

So besides other people using it to harass him, how is it the artist's fault they're parodying the general mess of how dragon vore became some kind of serious business. I mean especially since this wasn't the first incident.

uncia

* is referring to Sonderjen, personally. (Not typing my full thoughts on the big picture here, for obvious reasons).

Way to go with fighting apparent immaturity with immaturity in the community "response", btw...

freehaven.gif
twitchdawoof.gif
unzithecorgi.gif
wescollieyote.gif
%5Bspagett%5D.gif

Having enquired, it seems as though the usual ban then emailing/leaving a reason for that might not have been followed-through this time and it was possibly Sonderjen themselves who left that message on the way out the door (rather neatly using a near-identical message to that which /did/ cause serious drama last time, if so).
Looks like that's been edited now on their profile.

02c/afaik, anyhow.
d.

WesCollieyote

uncia said:
* is referring to Sonderjen, personally. (Not typing my full thoughts on the big picture here, for obvious reasons).

Way to go with fighting apparent immaturity with immaturity in the community "response", btw...

freehaven.gif
twitchdawoof.gif
unzithecorgi.gif
wescollieyote.gif
%5Bspagett%5D.gif

Having enquired, it seems as though the usual ban then emailing/leaving a reason for that might not have been followed-through this time and it was possibly Sonderjen themselves who left that message on the way out the door (rather neatly using a near-identical message to that which /did/ cause serious drama last time, if so).
Looks like that's been edited now on their profile.

02c/afaik, anyhow.
d.

Hey guess what? They're PG-13. Krystal Sandwich all over again.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Oh man, this guy is sooo cool. He spelled Banned like B&. I never would of thought of that.

uncia

WesCollieyote said:
Hey guess what? They're PG-13. Krystal Sandwich all over again.
Hey, guess what? (*2). Did I say anything about PG-13?

"Way to go with fighting apparent immaturity with immaturity in the community "response", btw..."
Nope, nothing in that.

Fortunately most admins here probably would probably go easy on considering those avatars to be "harassment" of administrative team members, although that could easily be read into those and I've seen such stances adopted elsewhere. No need for discussion, btw, since the interpretation is clearly wide enough open.

Regards,
David.

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u
Just to note, it wasn't a member of the staff or Admin team who but the "B&" messege on Sonderjen's page. They did it themselves.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Do you really expect the Angry Sheep to care?

TwitchSandwich

Self Loathing Furry
Bokracroc said:
Do you really expect the Angry Sheep to care?

Umm, I knew this already? And he's already f'n said so himself:

http://community.livejournal.com/wtf_fa/332309.html?thread=4149269#t4149269

Status
Not open for further replies.