• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What the crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesCollieyote

uncia said:
WesCollieyote said:
Hey guess what? They're PG-13. Krystal Sandwich all over again.
Hey, guess what? (*2). Did I say anything about PG-13?

"Way to go with fighting apparent immaturity with immaturity in the community "response", btw..."
Nope, nothing in that.

Fortunately most admins here probably would probably go easy on considering those avatars to be "harassment" of administrative team members, although that could easily be read into those and I've seen such stances adopted elsewhere. No need for discussion, btw, since the interpretation is clearly wide enough open.

Regards,
David.

Hey guess what? I'm replying to the fact that you're always snitching on someone or other for the smallest infringements. That's why I said "PG-13," because you're whining about it.

Haystack

Sushi Doom
Bokracroc said:
Do you really expect the Angry Sheep to care?

Angry Mutton Vore is the obvious (and scrumptious) solution to the problem of Angry Sheep. Pity I'm too sleepy to get crackin' on that just now...

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
TwitchSandwich said:
Bokracroc said:

Umm, I knew this already? And he's already f'n said so himself:

http://community.livejournal.com/wtf_fa/332309.html?thread=4149269#t4149269
I repeat:
Bokracroc said:

uncia

TwitchSandwich said:
Umm, I knew this already? And he's already f'n said so himself:
http://community.livejournal.com/wtf_fa/332309.html?thread=4149269#t4149269
aside: for Sonderjen's information and to clear the matter;
>> "Hey sonderjen, didnt your profile always say "b& for being a dick" as like, a joke?"
> "Yeah, that's been up a few months, as theDave has been copy/pasting everywhere."
That was not "theDave" either, but another member of the admin team for whom Dave took the flak.

d.

WesCollieyote

uncia said:
Bokracroc said:
I repeat:
Bokracroc said:
Not particularly. It does make focusing on any genuine issues a lot more difficult, though.

Yeah like all the Simpsons makers and screenshots of video games. Also, why is satire again one politician acceptable but satire against a character isn't?

Man, the world would go into chaos if it weren't for you.

Bokracroc

Because the politician isn't here to bitch and whine about it.

Taigitsune

STOP BANNING PEOPLE. There. Problem solved.

History has also shown that the cover-up of a high profile issue only serves to confuse the public and muddle the facts. Stop deleting the evidence and people will know what happened.

I may or may not support the ban, but I'd be a helluva lot less po'ed if I knew what caused all this. If it was justified based on the evidence, I'd support it. If not, I'd politely petition for the reversal of the ban and the discipline of the mod who was responsible.

Bokracroc

Taigitsune said:
Have fun with the Trolls then.

imnohbody

Taigitsune, seeing as how you're commenting on the issue even though you admitted you don't know what the story is, I'm suspicious (at best) you wouldn't find something else to complain about.

As for users being "po'ed" about it, so? The internet isn't a democracy (representative republic, whatever :p ), but a collection of absolute dictatorships. FA is one of them. Don't like their policies and/or how they're implemented? Don't use them.

There. Problem solved.

uncia

imnohbody said:
Taigitsune, seeing as how you're commenting on the issue even though you admitted you don't know what the story is, I'm suspicious (at best) you wouldn't find something else to complain about.
Given that Janglur's post on the previous page ain't reading too badly by way of summarised explanation, it wouldn't have taken too large a trawl-through to find at least that much.

imnohbody said:
As for users being "po'ed" about it, so? The internet isn't a democracy (representative republic, whatever :p ), but a collection of absolute dictatorships. FA is one of them. Don't like their policies and/or how they're implemented? Don't use them.
There. Problem solved.
*smiles* Personally, I still don't like that "if you don't like it, get lost" approach, albeit it's an easy one to slide towards, since trying to be more inclusive takes much more effort than being heavy-handed with and not caring about community members.
always ymmv, but it's a balancing act regardless.

d.

Gullible

Immah Squish You
This whole debacle should have been avoided in the first place. As we know from previous drama, draguns R 100% pred!!!!11

But seriously, I dunno what's going on, and I don't really care that much. My greatest affront was having my attempt on the meme deleted for being an image altered with a cropped photo. I take offense since it was my photo, which is my art, but bleh.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Umm if you start using that argument about visible profile you just gave users a way to be abusive just because of some stupid status due to popularity. This is just aside from Sonderjen's ban. I just find the argument ridiculous that because someone is hight profile or popular they shouldn't be banned.

Gullible, lol sorry it is funny. If it is your photo it shouldn't have been taken down. I do understand though they don't find it content if people are just googling photos and adding image macros that they didn't create.

Synx apparently had the art of dragon vore for a while (people can verify the prelim sketches iirc), and it happened to be coincidence from what I understand that he saw the other user's diatribe and posted the art.

Like I said, I don't see how the two drawings were taken as harassment, it was the fact other people went and posted the links and shouted on the user's page that *could* be.

Also, yes, the problem with that episode is that the gap didn't say problem was resolved earlier.

Since the images were about "controversial" subject matter and not using the user (who protested it) itself in anyway I still fail to see how it's harassment. The images shouldn't have been taken down.

Janglur

Taigitsune said:

History has also shown that the cover-up of a high profile issue only serves to confuse the public and muddle the facts. Stop deleting the evidence and people will know what happened.

I may or may not support the ban, but I'd be a helluva lot less po'ed if I knew what caused all this. If it was justified based on the evidence, I'd support it. If not, I'd politely petition for the reversal of the ban and the discipline of the mod who was responsible.

Not only is staff NOT covering anything up, the issue is practically open-door. Not only did they tell me everything, >I< told >them< things >they< didn't know, simply by visiting a half-dozen people's recent journals.

What happened was harassment. Sonderjen was banned for it.

Bashing folks on the site for their kinks, and ecouraging non-online, in-person harassment of said people, and then drawing inflammatory pictures of said person's char without permission, IS NOT COOL.

And anyone (Uncia, Arses, etc.) can tell you how much I oppose FA staff every step of the way on my crusade of an FA 'for the people, by the people'. So if I'M saying folks need to STFU and GTFO their case, then it's fairly obvious you're being retarded.

There is no evil plot to assassinate the president (unfortunately)
There is no sinister biological dumping
There is no terrible plot
GO THE FUCK HOME.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Gullible said:
This whole debacle should have been avoided in the first place. As we know from previous drama, draguns R 100% pred!!!!11

But seriously, I dunno what's going on, and I don't really care that much. My greatest affront was having my attempt on the meme deleted for being an image altered with a cropped photo. I take offense since it was my photo, which is my art, but bleh.
It's hard to measure artistic merit of a submission, and the amount of effort put in it's creation. IT's something that AUP uses a measure to determine what is allowed and what is not, but the "amount enough" isn't really defined anywhere, even vaguely, and for a reason.

That reason is multilayered really, part personal preferences, part preferential treatment, part misinterpretation or not enough information - all of which leads to misunderstanding and accusations from the userbase commenting on the actions taken according to the rules. Besides, it is not something we want to do - tell people what is art and what is not.

So as a half-suitable solution i will use the "time taken" measure to estimate the amount of effort put in a submission, and why one will qualify and why one will not.
In the above poster's case, Gullible, photoshopping a crop of an animal photo over a pre-existing image takes about 5 minutes, even when the user is not skilled or familiar with how Photoshop works. And it's not an artistic action, it's a procedure where the creativity can only be shown in picking the photo, and the position of the placement of the crop.

The cardinality of such a picture will be low, because a great many people will adopt and use the same idea. Content of low cardinality is usually an avatar meme, or spam. I honestly do not believe the "art" aspect of this website should be watered down with content of low cardinality.

Clearly only the time factor is not enough, but it plays a significant if not the determining role in why photoshopped memes are, and will not be allowed on FA.

I will state this again, probably said already somewhere by someone.
If you add your own content that is not part of any previous or on-going memes like the lazer dude or leonidas, e.g somewhat original rather then completely not - then the submission will not be removed.

uncia

yak said:
I will state this again, probably said already somewhere by someone.
If you add your own content that is not part of any previous or on-going memes like the lazer dude or leonidas, e.g somewhat original rather then completely not - then the submission will not be removed.
Heh... *waves over* per http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=16204&pid=277457#pid277457

In general...
Does that mean "harassment via meme" is no longer an issue?
And that "spamming" is only applied on a per-user basis?

d.

Gullible

Immah Squish You
yak said:
In the above poster's case, Gullible, photoshopping a crop of an animal photo over a pre-existing image takes about 5 minutes, even when the user is not skilled or familiar with how Photoshop works. And it's not an artistic action, it's a procedure where the creativity can only be shown in picking the photo, and the position of the placement of the crop.

I take your points into consideration, however if you count the time it took to travel down to the coast and take the photos from which this one came, the "production time" would become several hours. Photography takes time too. D:

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
yak,

A bit of disagreement here, just because he took his own photo and did a very quick job with it, doesn't discount it as art. A lot of people just use the magic wand and floodfill a picture yet they get to stay.

What about commissions done by other people, that are reposted, for you by you would apply but if time was a factor, the commissioner put no time in it at all.

Wolfblade

Trying to argue "Art" and "not Art" is pointless in general. A crappy cell phone photo that most people would call "not art" could still be seen as Art by somebody. Trying to define what is and isn't art based on time put into something is also silly. Someone can do a 5 minute sketch that many would call art, while another person can put hours into something that is largely regarded as "not as good" as the simpler sketch. Or an experienced and seasoned Artist can do an impressive work, where a beginner may need twice the time to do something half as good. Time put into something does not a work of Art make.

I really hope we're not going to try and define what is and isn't art with any sorts of rules. The rules should define what we do and do not allow. If it comes to saying "we allow it if it's Art," and leave it at that, then we might as well just ASK people to start fighting. 9_9

Loiosh

Bashing folks on the site for their kinks, and ecouraging non-online, in-person harassment of said people, and then drawing inflammatory pictures of said person's char without permission, IS NOT COOL.

Just a note here for those keeping score. Both character's pictured were not 'the person's' character. The person in this case being Dragon103. Dragon103 was complaining about someone else's character being pictured.

I found his posts rather... interesting.

Sonderjen

Loiosh said:

Just a note here for those keeping score. Both character's pictured were not 'the person's' character. The person in this case being Dragon103. Dragon103 was complaining about someone else's character being pictured.

I'm sure most people did. I do find it odd that, on the whole, how he acted was much more harassing and vitriolic than the artwork his tantrum inspired.

Loiosh

Sonderjen said:
Loiosh said:

I'm sure most people did. I do find it odd that, on the whole, how he acted was much more harassing and vitriolic than the artwork his tantrum inspired.

I would say more frightening. Hopefully he's just young and a little crazy infatuated with a character. I know I used to love on Ruth (from Dragonriders of Pern). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.