• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What type of gamer are you?

What kind of gamer are you?

• I'm a hardcore gamer

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • I'm a social gamer

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm a casual gamer

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Aleu

Deuces
Well what do you consider hardcore/casual/social?

I just...play games. If it looks fun then I'll play it.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Well what do you consider hardcore/casual/social?

I just...play games. If it looks fun then I'll play it.
I suppose that by those guidelines, you'd go under casual because you ain't fussed about winning or playing with others.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
You gotta remember- hardcore gamers don't hate fun. Besides, it ain't unheard of that people play video game championships of Mario Kart and Pokemon and do speedruns of Super Mario.

I thought they didn't consider Nintendo hardcore because they don't have any IPs that are bloodily violent (Except maybe Metroid) or have lots of bare breasts. No major Nintendo IP has enough to garner an M rating, which is what I thought elitists were laughing at it for.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I thought they didn't consider Nintendo hardcore because they don't have any IPs that are bloodily violent (Except maybe Metroid) or have lots of bare breasts. No major Nintendo IP has enough to garner an M rating, which is what I thought elitists were laughing at it for.
Yeah, I can't say you're wrong there. Still, they're attempting to appeal to a mass market with stuff like Call of Duty for Wii U and Resident Evil for 3DS. But it goes largely unnoticed. I suppose it's a deserved identity, though. As you say, Nintendo's actual franchises are pretty family-friendly. That's essentially set in stone now.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Yeah, I can't say you're wrong there. Still, they're attempting to appeal to a mass market with stuff like Call of Duty for Wii U and Resident Evil for 3DS. But it goes largely unnoticed. I suppose it's a deserved identity, though. As you say, Nintendo's actual franchises are pretty family-friendly. That's essentially set in stone now.

Being family-friendly isn't making them as much hard-earned-cash as Sony has been.

chocomage

The fact is you aren't a hardcore gamer unless you have beat final fantasy 6 on a low level natural magic single character initial equipment run.