• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What type of weapon would you have?

Trance

Likes blueberries?

furvien

Sniper Wolfie
a great big anti-material rifle

Ryu100

Furry/Cosplayer
*glances at her tanto, bokken and katanas*
Other than those, gimme a shotgun and I'll be happy.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
Invisibility.

'Nuff said.

You'll actually have to be a bit more specific on that aspect. Top notch security systems have infared, heat and motion sensors. Depending on the level of invisibility that you have, you can easily trip the first two even if you don't actually do anything with the motion sensors.

And on that note, you have to note that even if you had invisibility, your life will immediately suck... What happens if you slip into a pool or something? If you're not splashing in such a way as to alert others of your location, you might be screwed over.

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
OOOO! Anything? Words! I would use words, like be able to fight with deadly words!

Adelin

OOOO! Anything? Words! I would use words, like be able to fight with deadly words!

Words aren't gonna save you when someone points a gun at you. ;D

I don't have any interests for guns, but I'm kinda curious as to how to use a taser. :p

Kenneth

Because **** you
A shoulder-held RPG that fires radioactive alligators that would be a mess to keep clean.

Or two M9 Beretta pistols. Whichever I can find first.

Garrus

Samuel L Jackson's Nightmare
RPG7 because it's iconic and therefore cool and will blow people into a million peices and kill tanks and...

Either that or the COD: WAW's Wunderwaffen. Blast away everything with lightning.

Nipples the Metroid

Talentless Clownshoe
You'll actually have to be a bit more specific on that aspect. Top notch security systems have infared, heat and motion sensors. Depending on the level of invisibility that you have, you can easily trip the first two even if you don't actually do anything with the motion sensors.

And on that note, you have to note that even if you had invisibility, your life will immediately suck... What happens if you slip into a pool or something? If you're not splashing in such a way as to alert others of your location, you might be screwed over.
Because I'm gonna break into a government compound?
Shit, all I would do is screw with people. All day long.
Also, I have a good friend I would take with me on my shenanigans, to make sure no cars hit me or something.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Words aren't gonna save you when someone points a gun at you. ;D

I don't have any interests for guns, but I'm kinda curious as to how to use a taser. :p

You use a taser just like a gun, but you only have one shot, and if you miss, or if your "target" is resistant due to drugs/etc., and yanks out the probes/wires, then you're screwed. Oh, and that one shot just cost you $25. Not to mention the $300-500 or more you just spent on the taser, itself.

Heh... I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone's mentioned wanting a Gundam.........

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
You use a taser just like a gun, but you only have one shot, and if you miss, or if your "target" is resistant due to drugs/etc., and yanks out the probes/wires, then you're screwed. Oh, and that one shot just cost you $25. Not to mention the $300-500 or more you just spent on the taser, itself.
But that's only if you shoot the person with the taser

It's possible to just run up to that person and use it

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
But that's only if you shoot the person with the taser

It's possible to just run up to that person and use it

Oh, so you'd just run up to a violent person set on robbing you at gun or knifepoint? The whole point of a taser is to take down a violent/harmful person in a non(less)-lethal fashion, AT A DISTANCE. If you have the ability to run, you should be running AWAY from the threat, not towards it. See, when a police officer uses his/her taser, they have their sidearm as backup, in case the taser fails. If all you have is a taser, and it fails, you have no alternative backup... well, unless you carry TWO tasers.

DragonLover17

Rex the Anthro Dragon
I think i said it before, id have a 50. cal sniper rifle with armor peircing incindiary rounds.

You be suprised at how much damage these things will do.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Oh, so you'd just run up to a violent person set on robbing you at gun or knifepoint? The whole point of a taser is to take down a violent/harmful person in a non(less)-lethal fashion, AT A DISTANCE. If you have the ability to run, you should be running AWAY from the threat, not towards it. See, when a police officer uses his/her taser, they have their sidearm as backup, in case the taser fails. If all you have is a taser, and it fails, you have no alternative backup... well, unless you carry TWO tasers.
An armed an dangerous person changes things a bit of course
I'm talking about in general that "oh the culprit's just resisting" type of thing

But really, I don't think you'd use a taser on a person who's holding you at gun point

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
An armed an dangerous person changes things a bit of course
I'm talking about in general that "oh the culprit's just resisting" type of thing

But really, I don't think you'd use a taser on a person who's holding you at gun point

Did a little digging, thought this might be informative:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-34616.html

http://www.citypages.com/2002-03-20/books/shocking-failure/

http://www.houstonpress.com/2004-10-28/news/the-shocking-truth/

http://www.correctionsone.com/produ.../1335568-Taser-tactics-and-training-injuries/

And you're right, if you've gotten to the point of being held at gunpoint, then it's most likely too late to deploy a taser.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
There's always that chance the taser doesn't subdue the victim, when it hits. As in one instance as you stated earlier, if the person has drugs in their system

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
There's always that chance the taser doesn't subdue the victim, when it hits. As in one instance as you stated earlier, if the person has drugs in their system

Indeed. Even a firearm isn't a guarantee, I've heard of druggies absorbing a phenomenal amount of bullets without effect, some even surviving and recovering. So a gun isn't a miracle killing device any more than a taser on the non(less)-lethal side. Still, gun for primary, taser for backup/alternate use isn't a bad choice. Though for me, I'd carry a smaller gun and a knife/batton for backup.

D

Don

An original or even reproduction Mosin-Nagant model 1891. Finding one nowadays makes looking for the Holy Grail seem like a walk in the park.

If we're talking about something I'd take to an actual firefight, than I'd take an FN FAL battle rifle with a sword bayonet. The FAL's got phenomenal stopping power and good range, and off the battlefield it is very reliable and relatively easy to maintain at good condition. If the enemy gets a bit too close for comfort I'll have the wonderful sword bayonet as backup.

Last edited by a moderator: