• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What value is there to shitposting?

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
I will never understand people who shitpost. What is so funny about being an obnoxious little prick? Same goes for spamming. All I can imagine when I see people spam is an immature brat who decided to be annoying because he didn't get his way.

Soul-Wolf

Banned
Banned
The better question is, well that is a good question but man I see loads of people posting stuff in R&R that should go here and the other way around, when did that start happening so much???

D

Deleted member 82554

That's why.

I'll offer up a more satisfactory answer to your little gripe. While there may be no real value to the art of shitposting, if there is one thing that Furries know how to do best, and that's have fun. A lot in this culture don't have a stick up their ass and don't take themselves to seriously, and for good reason. Could you imagine what this culture would be like if everyone took everything seriously? I perish the thought! *shudders*

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Personally I find posting provocative messages to online forums quite entertaining.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
I've never even really known what "shitposting" means, I feel like an old fart here.

Soul-Wolf

Banned
Banned
I can tolerate shitposters as long as they also throw some quality content into there. But it's if you're an insufferable, self-righteous prick that I really can't stand you and if you're an insufferable shitposting prickster, I'll fuck your ass like Iron Shiek did to that no good jabroni Hulk Hogan at Madison Square Garden and make you humble.

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
I love the smell of a shitpost in the morning.

Zop

hai guiz wuts goin on in hur
wut is shit post no understand r post supposed 2 has substance or something

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Because you touch yourself at night?

I'm not sure if that's shit posting or horribly attempted trolling, please educate me.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
The real question is do any of these people have the balls to shitpost IRL. An internet opinion is only worth it if you actually hold it forth in every conversation. Otherwise its just humor.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
Because you touch yourself at night?

I'm not sure if that's shit posting or horribly attempted trolling, please educate me.

I'm just legit curious. I wanna know what others think of it.

Tiamat

Banned

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
The real question is do any of these people have the balls to shitpost IRL. An internet opinion is only worth it if you actually hold it forth in every conversation. Otherwise its just humor.

I see it as practice to train one's self to be more quick-witted IRL. You've got the time online to think of something stupid to say - and the anonymity that people will respond based purely on the things you say and not judge your posts because it's, well.... you.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I see it as practice to train one's self to be more quick-witted IRL. You've got the time online to think of something stupid to say - and the anonymity that people will respond based purely on the things you say and not judge your posts because it's, well.... you.

Ive simply found that people are so much more bold and witty online than they are IRL. Me, Im worse in life. Im much louder than quiet words on a computer.

1000bluntz

mark ass trick
Because people get mad and react. I'm guessing you made this thread after what happened in that gamergate thread ? I guess I struck a nerve *sprouts demon angel wings, crossing my arms as I slowly ascend above you* nothing personal...kid.

Tiamat

Banned
I once took a fat dump in a mailbox, does that count?

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i don't mind shitpost threads but i've little patience for posters who're outright disrespectful and derail threads and otherwise "healthy" topics. if starting a stupid new thread will get your jollies off, fine, so long as you keep it faaaaaar away from the serious conversation. There's a time and place for everything. Joking around and being stupid is fun in moderation; we're all human.

Cyanomega

No idea what shit posting is. I assume its like trolling, which I dont understand at all