• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What value is there to shitposting?

Erzyal

Keeper of useless information
I tried to shitpost once but I couldn't afford the stamps.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
I suppose the biggest value in shitposting is that it trains people to recognise obvious bullshit.

Ratical

S'funny. Or it can be.

I mean, yeah it can be disruptive sometimes but there's no reason we need to take ourselves so seriously all the time. At the end of the day we're still on a furry forum. As long as the ratio to normal posts is okay I don't see much problem in it.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Knowing furries it's probably some sort of kink...

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
the lulz, of course.

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
it's the only way I can get off anymore

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts

shitposting in action

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
My twin! Where have you been

Kaizy u suck

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
Where's the fun in getting along? All you need to learn how to do is not invest yourself in things and hone your debate skills for the things you do wish to take seriously.

When that does happen, the internet and life in general will be a far more amusing place.

PastryOfApathy

I shitpost due to the same reasons anyone posts anything on a forum. Because I fucking feel like it.

>le go back to le tumblr u reddit vergin XDdddd!!!11+1

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
[yt]0qVb4QyZoUA[/yt]

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Shitposting can be fun but only when it's meant to be funny rather than to just annoy everyone

I've never even really known what "shitposting" means, I feel like an old fart here.
In forum terms, a shitpost is a post that has very little content and adds no real value to the thread as a response and is only made because the user wanted to put something for shits and giggles.

On Tumblr, shitposting is really just constantly posting memes and random, stupid posts

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I don't understand why people intentionally spam or shitpost. To my mind, people who intentionally shitpost or spam in otherwise-productive or orderly discussions are basically admitting that they're proud to be the Internet equivalent of a black hole or a bottom feeder.

If your first reaction to seeing something good, beautiful, promising, productive, or positive is "I should shit all over this," you're a very sad and pathetic being indeed, and you're another part of the reason the rest of us can't have nice things.

Tony White

i myself sometimes shitpost because, it actually helps get rid of stress sometimes it makes me feel... better

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I don't understand why people intentionally spam or shitpost. To my mind, people who intentionally shitpost or spam in otherwise-productive or orderly discussions are basically admitting that they're proud to be the Internet equivalent of a black hole or a bottom feeder.

If your first reaction to seeing something good, beautiful, promising, productive, or positive is "I should shit all over this," you're a very sad and pathetic being indeed, and you're another part of the reason the rest of us can't have nice things.

Depends on the opinion of productive and orderly i suppose. I agree, but sarcasm is always a thing.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Depends on the opinion of productive and orderly i suppose. I agree, but sarcasm is always a thing.

Oh yes, because sarcasm is such a great way of expressing yourself.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.