• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What video game are you playing...

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm replaying some old PC games when I don't feel like doing much.

Been playing Monster Hunter World this week. Don't ask me about how it performs on my laptop (you do not want to know), but I am willing to forgive it, so long as I play a 'slower' weapon (like my main, the Charge Blade). Among the highlights:
- So the "Defender" class gear that's available when you have Iceborne installed? It has "disc one nuke" written on it so blatantly it's not even funny. I crafted the Charge Blade just because, but I won't even consider using it until my other weapons are up to par (it's still a good 50% stronger even ignoring its blast element for now). On the flipside, they don't seem to have any upgrades beyond low rank (at least not yet).
- First story quest in the Wildspire Waste ends with hunting a Barroth. There was also a wild Cactuar (part of the FF14 collaboration) there, quite the surprise since that crossover isn't otherwise available until after beating the game.
- Got the Palico Gadgets from the Grimalkyne tribes in Wildspire Waste (which wasn't too hard) and Ancient Forest (which took much longer, because apparently I have yet to explore its upper reaches
- Jyuratodus ("mud Lavasioth") actually put up a good fight, but I went in prepared with Gajau leggings (improves mobility in deep water). This makes me HR4 which unlocks the next tier of (lower rank) event quests.
- Had enough event tickets to craft almost the full set of Spring Blossom armor (so I ignored the headpiece for now). The triple Jagras arena quest wasn't too hard, but I should probably farm it a bit more because you need 3 event tickets for the event longsword, and it yields a full set of Palico event gear.
- The next story hunt is Tobi-Kadachi, but I've been doing a few side missions here and there to get more materials first. The sheer pace of story assignments affords almost zero time for new gear or upgrades, and if you're not upgrading your gear as you go along you will suffer for it later.
- I find the Wildspire Waste really easy to navigate despite its size. Ancient Forest, not so much....
I can only imagine what it's play playing on laptop. If it's not like a supped up gamer lap top when it comes to MHW.

I personally play on console but good luck on your missions! You seem to not to be having trouble moving along but keep at it! Try to keep honing in on your favorite weapon, but don't forget to make a couple that have better elemental bonus's against the Monsters. ^~^

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
Finally playing Majora's Mask on the N64 again after years of wanting to go back to it. The intrigue is long gone since I've played through it multiple times, but I still love the world.

Finally playing Majora's Mask on the N64 again after years of wanting to go back to it. The intrigue is long gone since I've played through it multiple times, but I still love the world.
Has been wanting to get back into that game. I think as a kid I found it too hard. Might bust the Gamecube back out and try it again.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Stellaris I am amazed how much replay ability is in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eli_the_Wolf23

NHL 20 on Ps4 Pro
Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection
Digimon Cybersleuth
Digimon Cybersleuth Hackers Memory
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Supers Smash Bros Ultimate.​

Last edited:

Gabriel Foxx

An absoultely trustworthy fox. Trust me.
Darkest Dungeon. Addictive, anxiety-creating.
Life Is Strange. Addictive, anxiety-creating.
Also, Dota 2. Addictive, anxiety-creating.
Risk of Rain 2. Addictive, very, very anxiety-creating ;)

Last edited:

Stratelier

I can only imagine what it's play playing on laptop. If it's not like a supped up gamer lap top when it comes to MHW.

I personally play on console but good luck on your missions! You seem to not to be having trouble moving along but keep at it! Try to keep honing in on your favorite weapon, but don't forget to make a couple that have better elemental bonus's against the Monsters. ^~^
For performance, let's just say I can count the frames-per-second on one hand and leave it at that.

Now, the visual quality of environmental (and character/weapon) rendering is consistently good despite this, though the rendering quality of monsters varies from one to the next, and specifically how close they are to the camera (rough-textured monsters like Barroth and the Raths noticeably suffer here). But I'll let you be the judge on that...:
Steam Community :: strata_ranger :: Screenshots

Also, apparently somebody's made a mod that removes a bunch of internal CRC tests from the game's code (which are probably just an anticheat measure and never intended to do anything noticeable), so I need to test that out to see what kind of difference it might make on performance (even a +2 frames/sec boost would be very significant here):
www.nexusmods.com: Performance Booster and Plugin Extender

[edit] Meanwhile in MH4U, after many, many, many, many, MANY attempts, I've finally succeeded in soloing G-rank Dalamadur (both regular Dalamadur, exclusively an event quest, and Shah, a G-special quest). The good news is that prior attempts almost always ended in subquest only (with partial rewards) instead of failure/abandon (and no rewards), so I was already successful in upgrading my Dalamadur insect glaive to its maximum (which has white sharpness for DAYS!). Both runs needed only 35min, which is on par with high-rank Dalamadur (using high-rank gear).

That officially gives me the achievement for all subspecies & rare monsters in G-rank. The only ones left are ... Fatalis, all three colors of them (two of which are exclusive to event quests) since they aren't classified as subspecies of each other.

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Silent Hill: Homecoming

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

I must be the only COD gamer here. I hope not. Well, here's the list I suppose:

Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombies only)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Zombie Chronicles as well, mainly played it for the zombies. Only the zombies.)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Some multiplayer, mainly zombies)
Call of Duty: WW2 (Zombies and multiplayer)
Grand Theft Auto: Criminal Enterprise Starter pack edition (Multiplayer only)
Saints Row III
Saints Row IV
Need For Speed: Rivals
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mortal Kombat XL
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Injustice 2

And that's all of em!

GreyCatfish

Currently Total War : Warhammer 2 and a little bit of Guild Wars 2 (playing since BWE, but I feel kinda burned out lately)
Elite Dangerous sometimes to relax.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Destiny 2, GTA V/Online, StarCraft II, and FinalFantasy XIV Online. These are the best for my taste of each genres I prefer.

I'm in search for furry games that of course feature furries as playable character/race and no NSFW obession. There aren't any that makes up these at the same time unless the game itself is not entertaining. (The best by far is FF XIV Online...with the big cat furries as one of the races. Pity there're no smol cats...)

Last edited:

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Conan Exiles. Been making myself a fancy tree palace.

oappo

Now doing the Talos Principle. A great game.
Finished this.

Completing it was very satisfying. This is a game I picked up, dropped and then picked up again, so I was really happy to finish it. Next is The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna.
Also playing 1bitheart.

Kinare

RAWR
Playing through the story modes for This War of Mine. Got through the first already, messed up early on the 2nd so skipped it for now, and I think I'm close to done with the 3rd.