• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What video game are you playing...

Dongding

The sheep
Oh I killed everyone who wasn't valuable. Executions even if they're unconcious. Knives to the throat for everyone!

Were you WAAAAAAY into unarmed combat like I was? They made Snake a kung-fu master in that game. So badass!

B

BloodyBonez87

I love games I can mod easily. I've been playing skyrim like forever now (my first male nord dragonborn to date), but I've switched to minecraft for a while. I also occasionally play old DS and GBA pokemon games. (my faves are emerald for gameboy and platinum for ds) By the way, this is a lil off-topic but I've found some mods for minecraft that I think don't quite get the attention they deserve. I tend to play with difficulty-increasing mods, but only a few of the are combat-oriented. Tough as nails is absolutely spectacular. It is a survival mod that not only adds thirst AND fully-functional seasons into minecraft, but also adds a temperature survival system where you have to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter, almost reminiscent of frostfall but obviously minecraft world is a lil warmer than skyrim. some REALLY under-appreciated mods in the same vein are hatchery, which makes chicken farming more realistic, and leather works, which makes leather-making an actual gameplay mechanic rather than animals somehow dropping perfectly tanned leather right off the bat.

B

BloodyBonez87

Hearthstone and Democracy 3.

I've been kind of tempted to buy Overwatch and give that a go, but I feel like I'm probably a bit late to that party.
You're never late to the party. I joined wow in late mists and I had a grand old time until I got too busy in early legion. even that decade-old mmo is still stunning and a piece of gaming history as well. I believe it might be the only MMORPG to ever make it into the video game hall of fame.

B

BloodyBonez87

Fallout: New Vegas. Sometimes it'll give a kick in the head in Hardcore mode with the little bugs inherent in Bethesda games, but easily overlooked when you get rewarded with the jingle jangle jingle of both caps and ammo.
Bethesda is famous for making buggy games and let modders clean up the rat's nest of code. therefore, I love them, but also love to hate them.

B

BloodyBonez87

My friend persuaded me to get back into WoW, after I left for a couple of years. Turns out that Legion is pretty good IMO.
I played heavily in WoD, but the current-content sucked. mostly what I did is do end-game content from past expansions just to experience a bit of gaming history and run old raids about a million times each for gold and rare drops. I tried to keep current in legion but the patches rolled out so fast I gave up just before the broken shore was about to come out and I was barely ready to run emerald nightmare.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
It is, and incredibly addictive too. If anything, it plays similar to some classic ultra-hardcore D&D Modules, like Tomb of Horrors - shit hits the fan unexpectedly and in spectacular ways, and it's not uncommon to get into chain reaction of death and lose all your characters one by one in a single battle (and yeah, character death is permanent), yet it all is part of the fun. Stress/habit system is the main draw though - the fact that all your characters get various positive/negative quirks that affect their usability a lot (like, they can shoot better at night, or visit only certain buildings, or get some kind of permanent disease, or even learn some cute useless skill like dancing), and long exposure to horrors during dungeon crawling can break them emotionally and lead to them doing irrational things like skipping turns or breaking the formation (or, if they're really scared shitless, they can even die from heart attack). Pretty much the only turn-based RPG I know with this kind of individuality within custom characters - which is a shame, considering that by the time you get attached to them, the game finds the way to wipe out your party :D
Well all these seem like more reasons for me to try it! Is it a long game?

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Even when it's a requirement.
Other than the... *AHEM* The saddest fucking 3 minutes...
-When else was killing required in the game? My first play-through was entirely kill free, minus a few accidental splash-damage explosion "whoopsies".
What does Father-con have to do with required kills? Or was that just a side-note? Honestly, i don't hold anything against Hue-hue. He was only trying to do what was right and keep both Big Boss and world peace in check. His intentions were honest and unselfish (at least as i recall) but Venom was right to send him adrift. i legit felt bad for the guy...

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Well all these seem like more reasons for me to try it! Is it a long game?
Welp, quite a long one, but it's like Binding of Isaac or Rogue Legacy - while there is an ultimate winning condition, the game is more for playing in 10-30 minute bursts, upgrading your stuff and advancing further into more interesting dungeons, rather than beating it from start to finish. There's just not much story to care about beating the thing (although the plot is quite intriguing), it's all mostly in the gameplay.

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
Other than the... *AHEM* The saddest fucking 3 minutes...
-When else was killing required in the game? My first play-through was entirely kill free, minus a few accidental splash-damage explosion "whoopsies".
Did it only for the achievement hunt, which I've since completed.
What does Father-con have to do with required kills? Or was that just a side-note? Honestly, i don't hold anything against Hue-hue. He was only trying to do what was right and keep both Big Boss and world peace in check. His intentions were honest and unselfish (at least as i recall) but Venom was right to send him adrift. i legit felt bad for the guy...
His morality is that of Adolph Eichmann. So long as he's allowed to work on his pet R&D projects, he doesn't care who he works for. Pragmatic, but not good for one's reputation when you associate with shady characters.

Belatucadros

Bitches love sticks
Assassin's Creed Unity and vainglory

Leaftail

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. I'm just aimlessly wandering the world and I'm loving it. So much ambience.

Also just recently caught 'em all in Pokemon gold for the first time ever!

Beatle9

Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
Team fortress 2
Well I was playing that game a sec ago...

Fuzzylumkin

The token panda
Friday the 13th (A SHIT TON!!) on PS4, gamer tag is FuzzzyNightmare

S

Sagt

Europa Universalis 4, as per usual.

I'm actually getting kind of bored of games at the moment though, there just isn't much that interests me enough. I bought Knights of Pen and Paper +2 recently, but it's pretty much the exact same thing as its predecessor. :v

L

-..Legacy..-

IMG_1385.PNG