• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What video game are you playing...

I'm nearing the end (I think) of Metroid Dread.

All I've wanted is a nice adventure game like this from Nintendo. It feels so nice to finally have one Switch exclusive game I thoroughly can enjoy and just get absorbed into. This game is amazing and all I've wanted for years.

I decided to play Dinosaur Planet.
These days I cry a lot about how sterile and flat modern 3D action games are so I've yearned for the good old days of N64 games when things felt a bit more handcrafted and deliberate. It's wonderful to get a near complete build of one from what I consider the height of the genre by a master studio of the era. Though I lament that the build doesn't exactly run great. Not so much expected glitches, but framerate. It plays but it's very choppy. Almost hurts my eyes and it's unfortunate but I can't be too surprised. Oddly enough that hoverbike segment is less frustrating than I remember when pursuing Tricky.

It's fascinating to see how far this progressed before it became StarFox Adventures and ported to the GameCube. I think the most stand out thing is seeing that Fox really did thoroughly replace Sabre in this build already in all but some text still referring to him as such. There's also still Sabre's portrait for Fox's health. Some NPC's still refer to him as Sabre, but he calls himself "Fox McCloud of the Lylat Royal Knights". A lot of his VA lines were taken and moved to the Gamecube which is interesting. Fox has the same attack grunts and, from my memory, most of the same dialogue even here. It doesn't seem that SFA rerecorded most vocals for him. They're just obviously compressed on the clearly non-CD N64 cartridge. And I like him better with a sword. Might be my Zelda love in me, but when it comes to melee weapons in fantasy games, nothing beats a nice broadsword for me. Screams adventure and courage.

I feel like had this game continued on it's path for the GameCube, this probably would have been Rare's magnum opus. As far as adventure games are concerned. This seemed like an epic in the works with the same bold scale and tone as Jet Force Gemini (my favorite game from them).

Also Krystal got a big fat ass head.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Destiny 2 and GTA Online!
I can't shoot aliens and gangsters and run around with that all day in real life! Videogames make it happen UwU

The Crew 2!
I can have bunch of vehicles without actual eligible licenses (especially the flight one), tune them without negotiating with legal stuff on vehicles, and drive around without the fear of trespassing, speeding or crashing and get consequences... Videogames make it happen! >w< (For example, you can fly over NYC without any consequences)

Same goes for GTA O but there.. I may risk getting killed while all I wanted is to drive my virtual vehicle.. So, that!
Oh and the vehicles must be viewed on third-person perspective, because I only look at the exterior when it comes to vehicles and tools!

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Persona 5 Strikers.

Of all the SMT games I hadn't finished before, I picked this one to get me in the mood for SMT 5. I'm up to the Sendai Jail so far and probably can EASILY finish the game before SMT 5 comes out.

Even if Hard mode leaves me no room for error in just about any battle.

DemonHazardDeer

Niche Game Connoisseur
I'm currently replaying The World Ends With You, almost done with World of Final Fantasy and about to start Atelier Ryza. It's gonna be my first Atelier game so I hope I enjoy it!

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I recently picked up Kenshi for the first time after seeing some YouTube videos on it. Mostly just struggling to survive but it's coming along!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: OGSR
Now I'm the immortal son of a bitch.
ss_Сталкер_10-24-21_00-32-16_(l07_military).jpg

Made the download of Mario Party Superstars, now just waiting for the game to be released on the 29 and have the fun start
My friends are about to *fiend* on this game.
We were all massively let down by Super Mario Party so seeing something classic like this got us HYPE. And it has full online? GOTY

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Having finished Metroid Dread, I've gone back to Morrowind. I should work on the post-game content in Death's Door too.

ogeramy

1. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. It’s so f*cking long and at this point I just need to see it through.
2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The first game I’ve ever played, bought another Wii like a week ago since my old one has been broken for years.
3. I actually started a Skyrim again myself and I’m a straight up mage. Also I’m into betfred bingo login a bit. I’m doing a good job. You don’t even really have to be paying too much attention to it. It’s a great time killer.

Last edited:
I ran through Mega Man 1-11 over the weekend. Appreciating 9 more than when I was a kid. I think it might be the best game of the classics despite it's regression, but I do like all of them.
Making my way through Mega Man and Bass now. This game owns.

Ennui Elemental

RIP Teeny
Playing Paladins exclusively because

pepper-pip.gif

This game sucks. I'm having so much fun.
I'm just imagining the salt you can harvest from dunking on people with this character.
I ran through Mega Man 1-11 over the weekend. Appreciating 9 more than when I was a kid. I think it might be the best game of the classics despite it's regression, but I do like all of them.
Making my way through Mega Man and Bass now. This game owns.
Hot take: Mega Man 4, 5 and 6 are unfairly maligned even if the Mega Buster makes a lot of shit way easier than it was in 1/2/3

MM2 still OG as fuck tho

I'm just imagining the salt you can harvest from dunking on people with this character.

Hot take: Mega Man 4, 5 and 6 are unfairly maligned even if the Mega Buster makes a lot of shit way easier than it was in 1/2/3

MM2 still OG as fuck tho
6 is my favorite of the NES games by a longshot. I like literally all of the classics, but I find 2 to be immediately outclassed. Especially by 9. But overall I'd call the series the most consistent next to (and above) Mega Man Zero. Iterative, but there was progression and new ideas that didn't really ruin the core gameplay or cause confusion.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
I decided to play Dinosaur Planet.
These days I cry a lot about how sterile and flat modern 3D action games are so I've yearned for the good old days of N64 games when things felt a bit more handcrafted and deliberate. It's wonderful to get a near complete build of one from what I consider the height of the genre by a master studio of the era. Though I lament that the build doesn't exactly run great. Not so much expected glitches, but framerate. It plays but it's very choppy. Almost hurts my eyes and it's unfortunate but I can't be too surprised. Oddly enough that hoverbike segment is less frustrating than I remember when pursuing Tricky.

It's fascinating to see how far this progressed before it became StarFox Adventures and ported to the GameCube. I think the most stand out thing is seeing that Fox really did thoroughly replace Sabre in this build already in all but some text still referring to him as such. There's also still Sabre's portrait for Fox's health. Some NPC's still refer to him as Sabre, but he calls himself "Fox McCloud of the Lylat Royal Knights". A lot of his VA lines were taken and moved to the Gamecube which is interesting. Fox has the same attack grunts and, from my memory, most of the same dialogue even here. It doesn't seem that SFA rerecorded most vocals for him. They're just obviously compressed on the clearly non-CD N64 cartridge. And I like him better with a sword. Might be my Zelda love in me, but when it comes to melee weapons in fantasy games, nothing beats a nice broadsword for me. Screams adventure and courage.

I feel like had this game continued on it's path for the GameCube, this probably would have been Rare's magnum opus. As far as adventure games are concerned. This seemed like an epic in the works with the same bold scale and tone as Jet Force Gemini (my favorite game from them).

Also Krystal got a big fat ass head.
That's something I have to try myself. I wasn't aware the Beta for that game was leaked? I'd have to question how that even happened. I of course appreciate that Star Fox Adventures gave spotlight to Fox and put him on foot. It's neat, but I think I'd have still preffered Dinsour Planet just based on how creative and different the premise was. I always thought that was one of Nintendo's scummier moves, to pressure Rare into killing it's own original IP, just to have Star Fox wear it's corpse like Buffalo Bill. Never sat right for me. I do appreciate learning that it's actually possible to downlaod the beta of that game. One of the many things to put on my to play list.