• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What was the last movie that you looked at with your eyes or maybe just heard?

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
Sherlock Holmes, 1999
Best 25 minutes of my life so far media-wise.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Akira.
Movie was great. Animation was awesome. But after it I'm still not entirely sure what "Akira" is or what even happened in the last half hour of it.

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
Cloud Atlas...... What the fuck.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
It takes more than one watch to get it.

I saw Terry Pratchett's Going Postal last night.
I quite liked it. Discworld is such a great setup

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Watching Wolves, a documentary from 1996, watching it right now, about half way through its awesome. The soundtrack is awesome, there is a drum beat in there that was ripped into Halo, never knowing this i was pretty hypped when one of my favorite soundtracks started playing whils watching some awesome wolf action. If that wasnt enough some indian kinda stuff is playing now, the same tracks my mum used to play years ago, im getting nostalgic and super hyped at the same time :3

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.

I have several theories but none of them add up. Bit of a mind fuck and quite hard to watch but i liked it.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Fast forward 10 minutes and my mood is utterly shattered by footage of wolves being shot to death...

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny

Terry Pratchett is by far one of my favorite authors of all time. Ive read all of Discworld and many of his other amazing written works. Its a goddamn shame he was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease, and I dont blame him one bit for wanting to take his own life when it gets to bad. My grandmother suffered from the same disease and she was miserable her last couple years of life. Even his daughter understands him wanting to blow his brains out when he goes beyond the stages of early Alzheimers. Id do the same if I was nearing that point of that horrible illness.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Elysium.
It was good, and I think the gore deserves an extra mention for realism.
I've browsed enough 4chan to know what it looks like when a face gets torn off in combat and this was very close to it.

And I spotted Kryptic Minds on the soundtrack and recognized the song. Checked the OST later for confirmation.
It was out of place in the movie, didn't quite fit the scene, but it was great the band gets recognition for their great work.

S

Sar

Paprika. I seen it first on 4chan and then there was a couple of videos on YouTube of it. I might actually go and watch the full movie somewhere.

paprika.jpg

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Elysium.
It was good, and I think the gore deserves an extra mention for realism.
I've browsed enough 4chan to know what it looks like when a face gets torn off in combat and this was very close to it.

And I spotted Kryptic Minds on the soundtrack and recognized the song. Checked the OST later for confirmation.
It was out of place in the movie, didn't quite fit the scene, but it was great the band gets recognition for their great work.

Also loved it, Neill Blomkamp is deffiniately a favorite director of mine. I thought the robot designs looked familiar and it turns out an artist i was watching on DA worked on it, the robot designs were pretty kick ass in it.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Insidious chapter 2 ;-; its scary as f***

That was a hell of a lot better than i thought it was going to be aswell, interesting story for once in recent paranormal films it was interesting how it tied into the first one.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Frozen. Holy shit what an amazing movie. Just. God damn. I figured it would be good given what was said, but I really loved it.

Love that movie so much. Not really sure what you're having problems with.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Watched Planes over at the fiance's mother's house.

It was pretty good. I liked it better than Cars.
It was actually kind of fucking dark, for a Disney movie, with all of the military guy's squadron dying on-screen, and him living with the guilt that it was his fault.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Desolation of Smaug.

It takes a lot for me to say something sucks, but hot damn was this movie one burning mess. Pun totally intended.

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
Re-watched Pixar's Up so two of my friends and even my mom could watch it for the first time. Made it into a nice little movie night. And yes, they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Coach Carter:
51NSYXNEMSL.jpg

A gift to my mom. While it's longer than I thought it'd be, it doesn't get boring. While Jackson is the star, I was surprised at the familiar faces that appeared.

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
El Cuarto Rey Mago (The Fourth Wise Man)(1985):
CV17_El_Cuarto_Rey_Mago.jpg

Amazing TV movie adaptation of the story about how this wise man's plans didn't go according to plan, the things he (re)learned and how he ultimately gave the greatest gift to the King of Kings.
Martin Sheen (Charlie Sheen's father) was the man.

And now for sometheing completely different...

Jurassic Park III
(2001):
Jpiiilogo.jpg

I've finally watched it, beginning to end. Not my favorite Jurassic Park flick (they ruined Alan and Ellie's relationship), it did have it's moments. I finally got all the jokes. And the Pteranodons finally got the limelight.
Good movie, but not the best. Then what can you expect when it's not based on the books or not directed by Steven Spielberg? I still remember my friends and me anxiously waiting for it to hit theaters...
On the other hand, it kinda makes me want to revisit the second movie again.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
decided to watch the full movies for the first time in 5+ years, never realy got to see them from start to finish, still have 2 parts left!

Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-The-Curse-of-the-Black-Pearl-johnny-depp-13663136-720-480.jpg