• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What was the last movie that you looked at with your eyes or maybe just heard?

L

LizardKing

Guardians of the Galaxy

Fuck. Yes. A refreshing change to all the GRRRR GRITTY PAST DARK HERO GRRRR NO FUN ALLOWED superhero movies recently. Funny, entertaining, trope-destroying, and that's before even mentioning the wonderful Rocket.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Sharknado

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life"

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
Mars Attacks!
mars_attacks_ver3.jpg

I knew next to nothing about this film, aside that when it came out, just about all my classmates have seen it and annoyed me with their "martian voices".
I'm... not sure what to think of it. It was pretty crazy. Maybe the commercials made it seem longer than it was.

Now, reality check:

For Greater Glory: The True Story of Cristiada
For-Greater-Glory-The-True-Story-of-Cristiada-Christian-Movie-Christian-Film-DVDBlu-ray.jpg

"A chronicle of the Cristeros War (1926-1929), which was touched off by a rebellion against the Mexican government’s attempt to secularize the country[...]" (Full synopsis here).

If somene told me that such an event actually took place in Mexico, I would've never believed them. The thought of that it actually happened is a scary one.

Naturally, this amazingly casted movie has a bittersweet ending, but to those that aren't gonna do further reesearch afterwards, it fails to tie up some lose ends, though it tries.

Seasons of Gray:

848957000113-2.jpg

It was good. Kinda lost momentum after two-thirds of the way in, but it's really well-written. To quote a line from it:

"Everybody trusts God on a good day with $20 in their pocket".

Got me thinking...

Sylver

I went to the movies and saw Lucy last weekend.

WARNING minor spoilers.

Honestly, pretty good movie, I enjoyed watching it and it definitely had a lot of badass moment in it. Although throughout the movie you don't really feel as though she's ever in danger of being killed, since she's essentially an woman with aimbot, wall hacks, full awareness of her surroundings (360 sight), no sense of fear or pain, etc. as well as telekinesis, control over tv and basic radio waves; the list goes on. What I really enjoyed was that there isn't really a plot, it's not predictable, and really admire that in a movie. Honestly, if there's a plot then 99% of the time you can follow any basic movie steretype and it will more than likely come true, this movie doesn't really do that. There were a few moment in the movie when I was like "Just kill them, you've killed everyone else so why spare the mob leader who will more than likely come after you later." it makes no logical sense, really. Overall I did enjoy the movie though, really action packed with a lot of bad ass moments.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
X Files - I Want to Believe - 3/5.

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Saw Lucy too and... It was pretty damn stupid. There were a LOT of plotholes and facepalm-worthy moments throughout and the ending was quite the pinnacle of acid trips... But it was fun. Not extraordinary nor insultingly bad as long as you accept they are totally wrong with the 10% thing, but it was still fun.

Also, the ending was kinda ruined on me when I realized a pigeon was sitting on the far right corner of the screen and I was wondering for 5 good minutes about why there was a bird inside of the cinema and why it didn't fly away at all (or maybe it was a fat rat).

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Guardians of the Galaxy. I went in with a lot of hype because everything about the movie screamed "YOU WILL LOVE THIS AND YOU REALLY NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW"

Man, it totally lived up to my stupidly high hype. Fuckin hell what an amazing flick.

L

LizardKing

Saw The Desolation of Smaug last night. While any part with Smaug in it was pretty awesome - because dragon - these new films feel dumbed down and trying so hard to be exciting, with utterly ridiculous action sequences. It's like most of the dwarf characters are comedy sidekicks.

Twylyght

Guardians of the Galaxy. It was pretty good. I had a lot of fun watching that and I really like Groot for some reason lol If anyone stuck around at the end I had a good laugh as the WORSE movie in Marvel's library: Howard the Duck lol....although I think I was the only one that got it *sighs*

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Kinda...snuck in to see that one lol Wasn't too bad, but Megan Fox can't act to save her life! The 4 cgi turtles could act better than her and they were all one note! The action was hard to follow at times and Shredder....I kept getting Transformers flashbacks with his suit.

Spikey2k2

Well it was the new Ninja Turtles. Uhm, better than I thought it would be?

DMAN14

The wettest wolf
Watching "the dark knight rises" right now, I prefer Marvel over DC movies but batmans pretty damn good!!

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
Guardians of the Galaxy. It was pretty good. I had a lot of fun watching that and I really like Groot for some reason lol If anyone stuck around at the end I had a good laugh as the WORSE movie in Marvel's library: Howard the Duck lol....although I think I was the only one that got it *sighs*

As an 80s nut, I learned who he is. I can't believe I stuck around the end credits only to see him.
But I totally agree with you on Guardians of the Galaxy. While Rocket Raccoon was full of win, Groot -who I seriously underestimated- oftentimes stole the show.

What else did I see...

Repo Man:
repo-man-682x1024.jpg

The only reasons why I saw this was because it was made in the '80s (I can't believe it's 30 years old) and because it has Emilio Estevez. What a trip. And a not so good one at that, but that's because this is not my type of movie.

God's Outlaw - The Story of William Tyndale:
2992_pd1853503_1.jpg

The story of a man who made copies of the Scriptures in English, for the public. The problem was that this was not sanctioned by the Church for a number of reasons and doing so was considered heresy. This was during the time where you could get burned alive for just reading "heretic" material. Let's just say the ending is of the bittersweet variety.
It's relatively low-budget, and all the music seems to have been composed by the same keyboard, but the scenery as well as how it's written helps it.

The Book of Daniel:
71b6cWGpu9L._SL1270_.jpg

Ignore the cheesy DVD artwork. It was actually good. Well written.
It has some cheesy CGI, but it doesn't detract from the movie. Though you may feel they talk a bit too much. I did like how the story is divided. I also liked that it ends with something that goes beyond the lion's den part of Daniel's story.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
The very last movie I watched was Divergent.

Divergent.jpg

It was seriously fucking retarded. A movie made by stupid people for stupid people. If I had to describe my experience watching it, I would say that it's like masturbating your brain with an ear of corn.

A far better movie that I watched a few days ago though was The Pit.

the-pit_poster.jpg

It's about a 12 year old sociopathic sexual predator who is constantly bullied by everyone around him. His only friend is his teddy bear that talks to him and tells him what to do. Little do the people around him know though is that the little boy has a secret. Deep in the woods he has found a pit full of trapped troll like monsters which he has adopted as his pets. He tries to take care of them by bringing them raw meat, but being only twelve years old he soon runs out of money to do this. What ever is he to do? His friends need to eat after all and the only things left available are the "bad people" who bullied him. Hmmmmm ;3c

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
Well, I just saw Let's Be Cops.

MV5BMjI3MDY2ODQwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjUzNjE4MTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

So this movie is basically trying to go on the whole 22 Jump Street bandwagon, which I haven't seen but I imagine I'll be able to tolerate it better than 21 Jump Street. Anyway, this movie pretty much sucks as a theater movie. Drunk and on TV, sure, it's got some funny bits, and the actions pretty good. I pretty much kept hitting my head against the wall when I got home though, thinking "Why did I pay $13 to see this stupid movie." So yeah, don't go out and see it, kids.

On a side note, why the hell is that terrible no good bad day movie PG? Also, Steve Carrell, what the hell are you doing? You're a good actor, and this is a Nickelodeon-quality live action movie. Jesus, I hope you needed that paycheck pretty badly...

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Guardians of the Galaxy - 3/5.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
The Producers - 4/5.