• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What was the last movie that you looked at with your eyes or maybe just heard?

Vær

Mr. Prickles
Last I looked at:
MV5BMTM4OTgyMjcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY3Mjc0NQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Definitely one of my favorites. I'm not one for romance but I did enjoy this one. A retelling of Romeo and Juliet but set in an all-boys military academy.

Last I heard: Donnie Darko I believe. I heard the Liquid Spear Waltz playing from a window while I was out on a delivery.

Last edited:

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
The Lone Ranger IMDB I can understand why this wasn't a super popular movie, it had some pretty unbelievable parts.

Sylver

I watched Dracula Untold a week or so ago; it was pretty good.

I like seeing an OP main character, it's just fun to watch them kick ass. Although, I think that the ending could have been done a bit better...

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Pitch Black, instant classic, love that movie. It ranks right up there with Water World, The 5th Element, Tron Legacy, The Matrix, and Legend as one of those movies you can never watch too many times.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Interstellar - 4/5.

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
The Bank Robbery Collection:
00334501-787216_500.jpg

This is a DVD that contains two different classic movies involving bank robberies.
The Great Bank Hoax:
Taking place in then-contemporary times (late 1970's), after a small-town bank refuses to accept the shame of the loss of thousands of $$$ due to embezzlement, the managers stage a "robbery" to cover up for the loss, fix the books, and collect the insurance to save face. The problem begins when the embezzler comes out and confesses. Now there's this influx of money that can't be easily get ridden off (it's an accounting thing), and outsiders catching wind of it, things aren't going to get easier! You know the coach from the Rocky movies? He's here, and he rules! Long story short, nobody wins.
The Great Bank Robbery:
Set in the Old West, there's this impenetrable bank, and a number of factions outlaws, as well as the Feds, want in. It's a neat little comedy. Long story short, just about everybody wins.

Stargate:
600full-stargate-%28ultimate-edition%29-cover.jpg

Had friends that have never seen the movie, so I made it my mission to right the wrong.
Admittedly, it's been years since I last saw it, and I totally missed out on some key details. It was nice seeing some familiar faces. Aside from some details (you can see the film crew in the sunglasses' reflections and there's so much gun-cocking, we began making fun of it), it's still has a gorgeous Egyptian-based settings, costumes and props, all of which we were all fanboying on.
They enjoyed it.
Mission accomplished.

The Help:
the-help-movie-poster.jpg

You'll either break down in laughter or dry-heaving at the sight of chocolate pies after waching this movie. XD
All joking aside, it's a great movie that deserved all the praise it got when it was released. One can enjoy it despite the heavy themes going on.
And to thinks it's been languishing in the DVR for 7 months...

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
The Naked Gun - 3/5.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Rewatched Mean Girls. So fetch.

~Jester

The Mad Katter
Just finished watching Balto with my nephew, haven't seen it since I was 12-13ish. Then we watched Fantastic Mr. Fox. Twas a good night :)

EDIT: How To Train Your Dragon 2 comes out tomorrow. Somewhat stoked heh.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
cenobitas-originales.jpg

Hellraiser 1 and Hellraiser 2: Hellbound.

I quite liked them, gonna carry on with my raiserstreak tomorrow

Rekel

A Professional Expert
Mad Max and The Pianist.

I don't know why critics liked Mad Max so much. I thought it was shitty, boring, and completely lacking in immersion. Was the story good? Sure, if 80% of it wasn't squished into being a dull check-list in the last 15 fucking minutes of the film. The sequel better be as good as everyone says it is.

The Pianist, on the other hand, is a beautiful film.

Last edited:

Twylyght

Big Hero 6. It was pretty good. I never read the Marvel comic so I had no reason to complain about any changes I'm sure Disney made to the source material. Since Disney got to do whatever it wanted with a Marvel property, I wonder what Disney property Marvel is going to work on?

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Since Big Hero 6 comes out here in 4 months (T_T), I got to see Interstellar and... Yeah, it was a great ride, but that last third of the movie really lost me, with a plot twist that wasn't necessary at all and something so convoluted that it borders on stupidity. Then again, it is a visual treat.

Vær

Mr. Prickles
I just watched Galaxy Quest for the first time in years.

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
Had my fill of crazy animated movies...

Free Birds:
6830_poster_iphone.jpg

They were giving it at a restaurant that I went to eat with the family. Missed the beginning.
The only thing I can say about it is this: it serves as a reminder that time-traveling in a seriously headache-inducing thing.

The Book of Life:
the-book-of-life-movie-poster.jpg

Am I the only one that watched this movie?
It was... different. Certainly out of the norm. Made by people with Mexican-roots who don't mind including all the cultural, um, for lack of a better word, stereotypes (churros, that constant Mariachi wail, cultural claim of the chupacabra, moustaches, etc.). It's one of those movies that you have to leave your brain at home to truly enjoy it.
And every time the villain appear, all I could see and hear was Discord from MLP:FiM.
It was crazy...
I have to admit, I've never been a fan of the over-decorated Mexican style of art, but this movie included some of the most beautirful design of the style I've ever seen. It's also the reason why La Muerte was my favorite character. ^^
I do feel there's room for a sequel.

Like a bunch of you, I saw Big Hero 6.
BrUkAFpCUAAHe7V.jpg

It was really good. Really well-written. Had a The Iron Giant and How to Train Your Dragon moments in it. Bet no one saw the Stan Lee easter egg coming!
Cue the inevitable sequels and TV/web-exclusive series. :p
And that animated short in the beginning? Just as good. Right in the feels... and my then-empty stomach. :p

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
Currently watching a Banksy's documentary "Exit Through the Gift Shop"

Last movie I heard was Paranormal Activity 2 yesterday. I'm a scaredy cat who gets startled easily SMDH