• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What was the last movie that you looked at with your eyes or maybe just heard?

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Mission Impossible : Rogue Nation.

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
The Aviator:
The-Aviator-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%81.jpg

It felt like two movies in one (which is good because the duration is not exactly short), but you don't get bored. You have Howard Hughes the film mogul, and Howard Hughes the aviation pioneer. Both of Mr. Hughes' worlds are shown and both are just as enjoayable as we get shown a glimpse of '30s-'40s Hollywood and the beyond-cool aviation era of the period. There's no doubt that he truly changed things in both industries, more than what a simple opening phrase in a movie poster can accurately state. All of it a colorful treat to the eyes. Even the Warner Bros. logo went back to its 1930s motif at the beginning of the movie!

Coincidentally, now I'm curious to see Christopher Reeve's 1985 movie of the same name, though it's a different story.

Viva la Libertá:

poster-viva-la-liberta.jpg

2013 Italian movie that got released here this year. Didn't last long in theaters, but I found it full with English subtitles on Youtube.

It's about this loser Italian politician Enrico, who ups and leaves without telling anybody anything. When his desperate campaign manager finds out about his eccentric twin brother Giovanni, who took the opportunity to pretend to be his politician-brother in an impromptu interview, it was agreed that Giovanni would fill in Enrico's shoes for the time being.
Giovanni quickly turns things around and upside down, reinvigorating a losing political campaign.
Meanwhile, Enrico is taking it easy, rekindling old frienships and enjoying civilian life.

The movie has some great moments and dialogue, but it feels confusing at times. Even the ending. I was too tired to want to flex my brain muscles to aks myself if the one in the politician's chair was a reinvigorated Enrico or the method-to-his-madness Giovanni.
European movies... *rolls eyes* But I'm pretty sure that if the North-Americans pick this one up to make their version (let's face it, the synopsis reads like a Hollywood comedy), chances are it would suck more.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Watched Star Trek again last night, husband was feeling nostalgic for it
51VLDoAqqhL._SX940_.jpg

Also saw Man from U.N.C.L.E. last Thursday, it was really good
the-man-from-u-n-c-l-e-movie-poster.jpg

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Yesterday I watched Agent 47. It was an enjoyable action film with some great action sequences. I love how a lot of the newer movies pay attention to ammo count, with reloading and stuff. It adds to the realism, so it's not just like the Arnold Schwarzenegger film Commando where guns have unlimited ammo.

LOVED Deadpool. Saw it twice. For Valentine's with my girl and then just this past weekend.
Only needed to see it once to know it's my favorite movie of the year so far. XD

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Polyester, by John Waters.

Loved it; among his best earlier films. A solid 9 out of 10.

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
Aliens (the almost three-decade old James Cameron one)
I love this movie because it's the perfect mix of action and Sci-Fi. I find it a bit ironic that 20th century FOX has pretty much become the real-world Hollywood equivalent of Weyland-Yutani. They end up shooting themselves in the foot any time they try something big. Unless that project is rebooted X-Men or Deadpool.

Alien
The other good film in this franchise. Such a remarkable mix of Science Fiction and suspense. It's like a slasher film set in space.

Alien 3 (extended cut)
This one could've been so much better had it not preferred standing knee-deep in early-90's grunge and awful CGI. The crap that was salvaged from the cutting-room floor is pretty easy to identify, since the audio track is decayed and hisses annoyingly. To me, THIS is the conclusion of the Alien franchise. Ripley successfully eradicated the Xenomorphs, Resurrection never happened.

Last edited:

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
More John Waters, this time Desperate Living. (1977) My God, this film is so over the top in how horrible the people are in it, and I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Very dark humor. Divine isn't in this one, but Edith Massey, Jean Hill and Mink Stole more than pick up the slack.

And, some amazing costuming/set design, after they have to move to this awful town, called Mortsville...

desperate-living.jpg

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
Alien: Resurrection
This was such a terrible follow-up to Alien 3, even Joss Whedon hated it (and he wrote the damn thing) Far too much science fiction bs, not nearly enough developing characters. Alien 3 got a lot of flack for killing off two-thirds of the surviving characters from Aliens before the opening credits were even done, but it was a satisfying conclusion to Ellen Ripley's story arc. Resurrection is an insult.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Zootopia 2016

Really enjoyed the movie, there was plenty of development character wise and plot twists throughout.

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
Zootopia 9/10

As cute and as funny as the preview that played during the Christmas Day parade. I love how every major character is believably written, and you gotta give props to the writer that had the guts to stick a not-so-subtle reference to "Breaking Bad" in a Disney movie

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Zootopia

I would give it 8 out of 10. A nicely done movie, but nothing too spectacular. The plot seemed illogical at times, but well this movie is mainly for kids, so they have to keep it rather simple.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
The boy and the beast here's the trailer

There where only 6 people in the theater including me and my lovely. We had a few tearful moments and the show was overall enjoyable, very well animated and it kept a fast enough pace to keep me entertained.

Just finished watching "The Martian". It was a great film. I enjoyed the good mix of science, survival, suspense, and humor. If you like near future sci-fi and space stuff, you'll probably enjoy this movie.

Last edited:

trashycoon

Please clap.
Long live John Waters. I met the man. Definitely a role model and hey, the movies sucked awesomely like no other good movies I know.

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
My first time watching this.
Pretty good. Lives up to the hype.
Mad Max: Fury Road
Hell yes. Witness this movie. Witness it. All shiny and chrome. Valhalla. Charlize Theron. Immortan Joe.
Paul
So yeah, I feel like I got ripped off. The "Unrated" version of the film is exactly the same as the theatrical version.

Wohali

Zootopia 8/10

I'm a little late on this one but finally got to see it. Good movie but they really didn't need to be SO blatant with the all inclusive message. It's cool they went there but so many lines felt a bit forced trying to so straight forward.