• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What was the most scariest thing you've ever seen/experienced?

Skittlesthehusky

#1 forum dweller, fear me if you see me.
this is an open discussion! so you can bring up your own experiences and everything. just don't get too gorey or nsfw, stick to the TOS boys, girls, and nonbinary pals. uwu

---
this isn't exactly the most terrifying for me, but it is a really bad experience i've had where i was in the car with my mother (who was unknowingly overdosing on xanax due to her doctor constantly upping her dose without acknowledging the consequences.), and one time we were on the road, and she was doing her usual; slightly veering left and right in the lanes because she's barely functioning despite me telling her NOT to drive, but she had no choice.

but apparently, this time was going to get even more scary.
she completely let go of the wheel and the car started veering off to the opposite side of the street, and a semi was heading right towards us, in which i had to quickly grab the wheel before we went into a head on collision with it.
luckily, i did it in time, but my anxiety was so fucking high afterwards that i was literally telling her to pull over while clawing at the door of the car.

of course, this is in the past now, and my mother is no longer allowed to drive, but that had to go down as an extremely scary moment of my life. possibly the 5th or 6th moment.

so what is your scariest moment? feel free to talk about it here!

side note: if you'd want to know why my mother was on such a high dose of xanax, it's because it was originally prescribed to her to help her anxiety, but eventually it became way more than that and the doctor just kept upping, and upping, and upping.

she's alright now, however is now struggling because her doctor foolishly cut her cold turkey 4 years ago which caused her to have a seizure and form epilepsy. but that's definitely not slowing her down. she's still fighting and keeping herself going like a champ. i'm proud of her...

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
A waterbug and a centipede walk into a bar
the waterbug says "this isn't a bar, it's the room of someone with a phobia of us!"

AppleButt

Almost had a head on collision with a jacked up truck. The truck was passing someone and we were on a bridge. Fortunately we got off the bridge and dad quickly got off the road as it went by never even attempting to dodge us. Had we gotten on the bridge a moment later I don’t think I’d be alive today to type this.

And in 2014 my town got hit by an F3 tornado. We watched the tornado form then ran inside the staircase at work. I wasn’t scared it was going to hit us, but I was scared that people I knew were going to die. It only killed one person though who was driving.

Lyka Snowfield

Gentlefur At Your Service
Watching a cat falling off a 20 meter high window silt right in front of my eyes. She crashed down onto the pavement with a bloody heartbreaking yelp of pain, trying to stand on her paws again, crawling and hiding underneath a near by car. I rushed over to help her but it was useless. I dashed to a free phone booth and called a vet emergency but they came too late. She died only a couple minutes after they finally managed to pull her out from the hide. There was a lot of blood. She must have hurt herself from inside out. I used to had nightmares from this scene for more than 2 years afterwards..and I even keep looking up at the building and window silt every time while passing by nowadays with a shiver running down my spine.

Watching an animal suffer and die is the most terrible experience.

Last edited:

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
Watching a cat falling off a 20 meter high window silt right in front of my eyes. She crashed down onto the pavement with a bloody heartbreaking yelp of pain, trying to stand on her paws again, crawling and hiding underneth a near by car. I rushed over to help her but it was useless. I dashed to a free phone booth and called a vet emergency but they came too late. She died only a couple minutes after they finally managed to pull her out from the hide. There was a lot of blood. She must have hurt herself from inside out. I used to had nightmares from this scene for more than 2 years afterwards..and I even keep looking up at the building and window silt every time while passing by nowadays with a shiver running down my spine.

Watching an animal suffer and die is the most terrible experience.
I had a cat whom I rescued, but when I moved from my Dad's to live with my Mum, he didn't get on with my Mum's cat and decided to live with my Gran two doors down. One day, he was struck by a car which drove off. Seeing him sat there on the the couch with a look of pure fear and knowing his time was up will haunt me forever. The vet could do nothing for him - his pelvis was completely shattered.

Another thing which terrified me is learning what is meant when a scream is described as "blood curdling". I had to go with my sister when she broke her ankle, and the doctor asked me to leave the room. They reset her ankle while she was under heavy sedation, but the scream she let out was simply horrific. Thinking about it now makes my skin crawl!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Multiple cardiac episodes, first as a whiny teenager after a suicide attempt by drug overdose that landed me in intensive care tripping balls for a few days on Lorazepam and who knows what else. More recently I've had multiple emergencies involving palpitations brought on by feedback loops of dehydration, caffeine sensitivity and anxiety.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Multiple cardiac episodes, first as a whiny teenager after a suicide attempt by drug overdose that landed me in intensive care tripping balls for a few days on Lorazepam and who knows what else. More recently I've had multiple emergencies involving palpitations brought on by feedback loops of dehydration, caffeine sensitivity and anxiety.

O_O

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
This photo of Jacob Rees-Mogg @Massan Otter sent me, once. He looked like a villain out of Harry Potter or Lemony Snickett!

*shivers*

F

fulffy512

I'm drunk, but i remember far back seeing a very evil face under my bed with no eye's or nose a giving me a grin with crimson red very sharp teeth.

This bit after having something yank my cover under my bed slightly.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I once went cold-turkey on my meds and stopped taking my clozapine. The withdrawal was fierce. I didn't sleep for a week and had nightmarish hallucinations of an evil witch trying to strangle me and hoards of caterpillars (I have a phobia) crawling all over me.

Then when I finally got to sleep (I was in a hospital by this time) I dreamed that I died. I was suddenly in a golden cathedral, and a voice welcomed me into heaven... Sort of.

The voice said "Very few who... Oh wait, you don't believe in the afterlife, do you?" I was cast out of heaven and dreamed I was back in my body. But I was still dead. I dreamed that I was dead but fully conscious. Nurses came and put me in a body bag while I tried to say "DON'T CREMATE ME." but I was immobile and I couldn't even speak.

Thankfully I woke up for real. Scariest thing I've ever felt, even if it was all "in my head."

AppleButt

Another one I feel the need to mention.

I witnessed a fiery plane crash right after take off that killed all four people on board that I had helped with bags minutes prior.

Ever since then I get the shivers every time I see smoke near the airport where I work.

Leadhoof

Geneva what? I thought conventions were canceled.
There are two that I can immediately think of. The first was when I almost got impaled by a piece of a guard rail somewhere in Georgia. Driver in front of me fell asleep behind the wheel, went off the freeway, and sent debris right into my windshield.

I also witnessed a coworker get caught in a lathe. Luckily it just tore his shirt off, but that could've gotten pretty messy.

Godzilla

Getting thru it all
I once went cold-turkey on my meds and stopped taking my clozapine. The withdrawal was fierce. I didn't sleep for a week and had nightmarish hallucinations of an evil witch trying to strangle me and hoards of caterpillars (I have a phobia) crawling all over me.

Then when I finally got to sleep (I was in a hospital by this time) I dreamed that I died. I was suddenly in a golden cathedral, and a voice welcomed me into heaven... Sort of.

The voice said "Very few who... Oh wait, you don't believe in the afterlife, do you?" I was cast out of heaven and dreamed I was back in my body. But I was still dead. I dreamed that I was dead but fully conscious. Nurses came and put me in a body bag while I tried to say "DON'T CREMATE ME." but I was immobile and I couldn't even speak.

Thankfully I woke up for real. Scariest thing I've ever felt, even if it was all "in my head."

This one is really. Wow. Resonates with me a lot.

I was raised with extremely religious catholic parents who taught me that God was not someone who is merciful and loving but instead I should fear him with every fiber of my being. Being a child, well, going to hell and hell itself was the most terrifying thing to me (it still kind of is). I had an extremely vivid nightmare of going to hell, which at one point I was face to face with someone suffering eternal damnation. A door was opened so I could look at the person, who hardly looked human anymore. (if you want a visual representation think Gollum from lord of the rings) "It" was lifted from the ground by it's arms started shrieking and wailing and thrashing violently it's shackles, trying desperately to get away to no avail.
The most harrowing part of it was that I believed that the creature was me, after I died, suffering in hell. It still messes with me emotionally and mentally a lot. Catholic guilt is fun kids.

C

CrookedCroc

I got stabbed in my hand during a robbery in my way to high school years ago, thankfully it wasn't that serious and I didn't lose any kind of movement, the scar just hurts a bit when I squeeze things too hard tho

Hope it is visible
2019-05-25 01.55.38.jpg

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!

I was raised with extremely religious catholic parents who taught me that God was not someone who is merciful and loving but instead I should fear him with every fiber of my being. Being a child, well, going to hell and hell itself was the most terrifying thing to me (it still kind of is). I had an extremely vivid nightmare of going to hell, which at one point I was face to face with someone suffering eternal damnation. A door was opened so I could look at the person, who hardly looked human anymore. (if you want a visual representation think Gollum from lord of the rings) "It" was lifted from the ground by it's arms started shrieking and wailing and thrashing violently it's shackles, trying desperately to get away to no avail.
The most harrowing part of it was that I believed that the creature was me, after I died, suffering in hell. It still messes with me emotionally and mentally a lot. Catholic guilt is fun kids.

I've never understood that kind of fanaticism. I'm very sorry you had to go through that.

I got stabbed in my hand during a robbery in my way to high school years ago, thankfully it wasn't that serious and I didn't lose any kind of movement, the scar just hurts a bit when I squeeze things too hard tho

Hope it is visibleView attachment 62654

Oh shit! Glad it wasn't too serious.

I once saw an old man strike a random woman with her phone on the tram. I ran out of the tram at the next stop.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

That's horrifying.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Well, it wasn't a "scary situation" in the sense of it, and I wasn't particularily scared during it(I was focused) but afterwards I realized that it has been my so far closest call.(warning, long read)

Last year, round Easter, I was off the coast of Liguria in my RIB (It's a 4m boat with an outboard engine. It's equipped for bad weather/open water crossings, because I do endurance boating.) I had run from the port where I had rented a flat to the port of Savona, and then, in the late afternoon, decided to head back out of Savona.
I had realized immediately that the weather had turned, the wind was from a different direction and blowing steadily with something that felt like it was an F5-F6.
But since both my boat and me are perfectly capable of handling F6 on the mediterranean, I decided not to turn around. I did radio coast guard to ask them whenever this was going to get worse, but coast guard assured me that I had another six hours, and by then, it would be dark and I would be in trouble anyhow. The journey back was roughly 1-2 hours depending on how hard I pushed. This is actually the moment, where, in hindsight, I should've turned around and gone back into the port, taking the bus home and getting the boat by car or the next day, but I had no real interest in riding the bus home in my heavy weather gear (involving drysuit, lifejacket and helmet), so I decided I would have time enough to run home before I actually got into any issues.
I set off from Savona, easily able to keep my usual cruising speed of 17 knots, with the sea state being controllable. It wasn't flat, there was a swell going, but nothing I had not handled before, and nothing that pushed either me or my boat outside of our abilities.

Nothing really interesting happend for the first say one and a half hour, exept that the wind did pick up a bit. I was reasonably happy, it was a bumpy ride, yes, but I was equipped for it and had no issues whatsoever.

Due to the light slowly going down I was mostly navigating by instruments at that point(mainly GPS charts), and I was basically backtracking the way I had taken to Savona.
I was approaching the Capo de Noli, which was roughtly 2km away from my home port, when suddenly, and without warning the sea state changed completely

Where I had maybe one and a half metre swell before, going into the same direction, annoying but mostly harmless, I suddenly had two to three metre waves that were flying all over the place. They were very steep and very powerful, and I almost jumped the first one I hit. I had to reduce speed drastically, dropping the boat from the plane(where it can go fast) down to displacement speeds.
This was an issue because the waves were slowly driving me towards the cliffs, which, at that point, had no real beach to land on. If I'd have hit them, I#d most likely have been dashed to pieces. I had no way of turning back as I couldn't do anything but take them with my bow, I didn't have the option of turning broadside, that would've capsized me for sure, and I couldn't run with them because there was no real direction to run, they were coming almost from all sides.
On top of all things the light was fading(It was around 1800hrs) and I had no navigational lights. I couldn't radio the coastguard, because I was grabbing the wheel and throttle tightly to keep the boat from swamping. Should something have happend, in retrospective, I wasn't sure if I would still have had time to press the panic button on my radio.
In the end, and this is pretty anticlimatic, I didn't get out by heroic rescue or anything. I was working the waves, making headway very very very slowly, and all of a sudden, after passing the cape's last promontory, the sea state calmed almost immediately. I then proceeded to make my way to my home port without any further issues.

We analyzed the passage afterwards, and found out that exactly at that point, the sea floor rises steeply from roughtly 500-600 metres up to a mere twenty, and that caused this extreme sea state. It was a very local phenomenon, and if I had stayed a nautical mile further offshore, I propably wouldn't have noticed it.

It was a very close call, and I came through this because I was prepared(I was wearing a drysuit and helmet with a visor, therefore not uncomfortably wet or cold from the constant spray), because my boat was prepared (Nothing broke or caused issues and that certain make of boat, the Avon Searider is a very capable little ship), and because I knew how to work sea states that were bad from experience. I was reasoably calm and focused during the passage, but afterwards I did realize that any one mistake could've led to death, or at least griveous bodily injury. The cliffs were close.

I'm now more careful, and I tend to give promontories extra sea room.

C

CrookedCroc

Scared the shit out of me it did.

tenor.gif
Funny story related to your picture, a long time ago one guy broke into one of my neighbors house and while going up the stairs he stumbled onto my neighbor wearing one of those masks, the thief got really scared and had a heart attack and died.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.

I've never been religious but my dream was a bit agnostic. When I am ill (mental health problems) I get scared that there really is a God and that he hates me and will punish me for not believing.

Your dream... That must have been terrifying. Are you still a believer? I hope you're not afraid anymore, whatever you believe.

Edit: I reread your post, and I'm sorry that it is still an issue for you.