• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What was the most scariest thing you've ever seen/experienced?

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Getting a call my wife (fiancée at the time) was in a car accident and was being taken to the hospital.

Wabbajax

Jaxon-Jackal/Arixes-Særkyn
I don't remember how old I was when this happened but it has caused me to sleep with the bedsheets pulled up over my ears to this day.

My parents' bedroom was all the way at the other end of the upstairs hall from mine. My brother and I used to share a bedroom, he had the top bunk and I had the bottom. It was late one night and I woke up from a deep sleep for no apparent reason. I didn't need to go to the bathroom, I wasn't thirsty, I wasn't overly hot... I just woke up. And it was very very quiet.

I had an odd sense that something was off. Nothing specific just that strange feeling you get when your mind starts picking up on things that you can't sense. So, after looking around my room and checking on my brother to make sure he was sleeping I laid back down and closed my eyes.

That's when I heard my name being called from the end of the hallway. It sounded like my Mom, but it was distant and muffled like she was calling me from within the bedroom. I sat up and strained to hear if the call would come again. It didn't. So I tiptoed down the hallway and cracked the door open and peeked inside to find both my parents fast asleep and snoring. I crept back to my room and slipped under the covers and tried to go back to sleep and just as I felt as if I was about to doze off I heard my name being called from the end of the hallway again. But this time it was more urgent. Goosebumps started forming on my arms and I strained my ears to see if the sound came again. An hour passed with my heart beating in my throat and still the sound did not repeat. So finally I told myself it was just my imagination and rolled over so my back was to the door.

That's when the extreme quiet was broken by the sound of the floor creaking as if someone was walking through my doorway. I shut my eyes tight and told myself it was just the house making creaky noises, refusing to turn around. Then there was a brush of air across my face. Breath touched my ear as an angry whisper hissed my name inches from my head. It was not my Mom. I stopped breathing and clenched my eyes tighter as I tried not to scream. But when something started to lightly caress the hair on my head I lost my shit.

And that is why I pull the covers up over my ears when I sleep.

C

CrookedCroc

Really scary: the cost of real estate in San Francisco....:rolleyes:
US-San-Francisco-Zillow-2.png

US-San-Francisco-Zillow-1.png

2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for 5 million >_>!?
Did Jhon Lennon live in here or what?

Corran Orreaux

Several years ago my parents were getting a divorce, mom wasn't taking things well. At some point, she managed to find the shotgun my dad kept in his room and tried to leave with it; saying that she only wanted to put it away. My dad wouldn't let her and they practically started wrestling over it, I was there and at one point I remember it pointed right at me. It wasn't loaded and my dad never kept ammo around the house, but it was not a fun time nonetheless.

Laugh Kita

Welp...this is my life now
I woke up to a home invasion. I was sick, hiding under covers and pretty out of it. I hear some commotion downstairs and think it's my mum bringing me more soup and meds. I get up , didn't even put my glasses on, and shambled downstairs. I shout for my mom and hear a male voice go "oh s*it". They open the front door our house alarm goes off and I hear a thud on the ground. I make my way to a safe room and call the police and then my mom. I was having a full on panic attack. My mom called my grandpa and he made it there first. I stayed with him the rest of the day. I couldn't be home alone anymore. The scariest part is he broke in through the room right next to mine and the only reason he couldn't see me is because I hide under covers and pillows when I'm sick. I only leave enough space to get some fresh air.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I think the most terrifying thing I experience was the benign adenoma tumor removed from my liver earlier this year. (I still ache from time to time but apparently all the tumors have been removed and I do not have to worry about future problems.)

Tazmo

Trash connoisseur
Most terrifying experience......way depressing to post and not wanting to have flashbacks......

On a lighter note I will share one of my paranormal experiences like @Wabbajack

During my teen years I had awoken to something pulling on my covers, So I pulled them back. A few seconds later it yanked them off of me! I told it "haha...funny" , covered up again and went back to sleep.

Still have this mischievous poltergeist hanging around......

skybel

aks me a question :D
While i was gaming a big spider said hi from the ceiling and came down my heart stoped for a few minutes and 15 minutes later my friend scared me to death in game

Arthurtheshepherd

Canada's most well dressed collie.
When I was very young my mom pulled over to the side of the road to send a text message while we we're parked somebody who's being chased by the police proceeded to swing around the corner going really fast they almost hit us and swerve to avoid hitting us they proceeded to crash into a tree right outside the funeral home and then died in their car because it was on fire

WXYZ

No longer using this site
Probably experiences with my (at-the-time) unstable father and my corresponding trips to mental health centers. I was around 14 at the time, and I'm still trying to move on from it. I'm a bit messed up these days. I don't want to say much, though.

Niru the Husky

Can easily be persuaded with bacon...
Didn't last long but,
Once, I took place in a very fast and high rollercoaster. You had to press the security things.blabla manually to your body and a staff came and checked it.
I did it but it didn't make the clack noises like at the others. LUCKILY the staff didn't come to me and I was in panic mode, but at the end everything was ok .-.

There are sime similiar storys but English isn't my main language so I have to look up for some vocabularly etc.

Captain TrashPanda

A broke college racc
If you ask anyone here in the south where they were on April 27, 2011, they could probably give you an exact answer.

On that day the south had the worse tornado outbreak in history. I was a young fourth grader at the time and they hadn’t canceled school that because they thought it would miss us. We all went to school until the sirens started blaring at around 9 AM. We all went down to the first floor and hunkered down like they taught us in tornado drills.

For the next two hours there was more thunder, rain, and wind then I had ever known come down. You could hear it even from the first floor in the interior of the school building. Multiple times we heard tornadoes go by, sounding like a freight train was about to go through the small school. Kids were screaming and crying, from first grade to fifth grade. I myself was sobbing and praying because I thought we were all going to die. We could only sit and wait as fear gripped us and the storm slowly moved on leaving a wake of destruction.

By the time they let our parents come around midday when there was a large break in the storms, we could see homes were wiped away, the power was out, and cars and trees had been overturned and uprooted. Luckily the only damage our house took was a small hole on the roof that we covered with a tarp. Even eight years later though, I remember the day like it was yesterday.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Well, I remember a moment when I was little. When my grandparents still lived on their huge property up in Vermont, they had a lake there. I remember visiting one summer, and I was walking around the lake, trying to catch bullfrogs like I usually did. Well, like a dummy, I leaned over a rocky edge of the lake too far, and ended up falling right in the lake! Of course, I was super little at the time, so I didn’t know how to swim yet.

I thought I was going to die, but someone eventually heard my screams of terror, and pulled me out just in time.

I have another story from that place that’s kind of scary, but this one was my worst experience, by far.

Godzilla

Getting thru it all
If you ask anyone here in the south where they were on April 27, 2011, they could probably give you an exact answer.

On that day the south had the worse tornado outbreak in history. I was a young fourth grader at the time and they hadn’t canceled school that because they thought it would miss us. We all went to school until the sirens started blaring at around 9 AM. We all went down to the first floor and hunkered down like they taught us in tornado drills.

For the next two hours there was more thunder, rain, and wind then I had ever known come down. You could hear it even from the first floor in the interior of the school building. Multiple times we heard tornadoes go by, sounding like a freight train was about to go through the small school. Kids were screaming and crying, from first grade to fifth grade. I myself was sobbing and praying because I thought we were all going to die. We could only sit and wait as fear gripped us and the storm slowly moved on leaving a wake of destruction.

By the time they let our parents come around midday when there was a large break in the storms, we could see homes were wiped away, the power was out, and cars and trees had been overturned and uprooted. Luckily the only damage our house took was a small hole on the roof that we covered with a tarp. Even eight years later though, I remember the day like it was yesterday.

Damn nature. You freaky. But for real though natural disasters are the scariest. I live in so-cal and am not prepared for a big earthquake. Doomsday prepping doesn't seem so wild to me now that there's been two earthquakes in such a short amount of time. (6.7 and 7.1 I believe)
I can't afford earthquake insurance ;__;

Than0s

Well known titan
Banned
Discovering firsthand the dark truths about the fandom that somehow everyone is in denial about...
This ^
I’m not part of the fandom, but I would personally feel more comfortable on furry sites knowing that it’s not something that furries care so much about.

Niru the Husky

Can easily be persuaded with bacon...
Saw the demon that was under my bed he ate my big toe cuz it was out side of the blanket but the closest thing I had to a friend

Hehe, didn't expect to read that here.
Some years ago, I watched a creepy pasta video, and there was such a demon as you wrote.
Believe me (or not), normally I sleep with a foot outside my blanket, but after that video I had too much fear .-.
(Now I sleep normally)

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
I don't remember how old I was when this happened but it has caused me to sleep with the bedsheets pulled up over my ears to this day.

My parents' bedroom was all the way at the other end of the upstairs hall from mine. My brother and I used to share a bedroom, he had the top bunk and I had the bottom. It was late one night and I woke up from a deep sleep for no apparent reason. I didn't need to go to the bathroom, I wasn't thirsty, I wasn't overly hot... I just woke up. And it was very very quiet.

I had an odd sense that something was off. Nothing specific just that strange feeling you get when your mind starts picking up on things that you can't sense. So, after looking around my room and checking on my brother to make sure he was sleeping I laid back down and closed my eyes.

That's when I heard my name being called from the end of the hallway. It sounded like my Mom, but it was distant and muffled like she was calling me from within the bedroom. I sat up and strained to hear if the call would come again. It didn't. So I tiptoed down the hallway and cracked the door open and peeked inside to find both my parents fast asleep and snoring. I crept back to my room and slipped under the covers and tried to go back to sleep and just as I felt as if I was about to doze off I heard my name being called from the end of the hallway again. But this time it was more urgent. Goosebumps started forming on my arms and I strained my ears to see if the sound came again. An hour passed with my heart beating in my throat and still the sound did not repeat. So finally I told myself it was just my imagination and rolled over so my back was to the door.

That's when the extreme quiet was broken by the sound of the floor creaking as if someone was walking through my doorway. I shut my eyes tight and told myself it was just the house making creaky noises, refusing to turn around. Then there was a brush of air across my face. Breath touched my ear as an angry whisper hissed my name inches from my head. It was not my Mom. I stopped breathing and clenched my eyes tighter as I tried not to scream. But when something started to lightly caress the hair on my head I lost my shit.

And that is why I pull the covers up over my ears when I sleep.

I remember having an experience similar to this, myself. Because I can relate to this, I might as well share a second story of mine.

When I first moved up to Massachusetts, my dad’s father, my Papa, let us stay in his old house. I remember waking up some nights, hearing creaks that ominously sounded like footsteps. Like you, I got up to check if anyone had woken up in the middle of the night, only to find everyone in my family was still fast asleep. With said footsteps still going on downstairs.

Yeah, while living in that house, I never left my room after dark since then...

Arnak

Off the bench
EVERY UNDERWATER LEVEL IN EXISTENCE!!!!!!!

BIG FISH TRYING TO EAT ME!!!!!!!!