• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What web browser do you use?

What web browser do you use?

• Firefox

Votes: 84 65.6%
  • Safari

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (if you choose this, please state browser below)

Votes: 12 9.4%

• Total voters

Carenath

Cynical Dragon
Yeah, due to the way the rendering engine works, it's not possible to interrupt or bypass the download of certain objects; Anything that "blocks" certain things (AdBlock, NoScript, etc) would require either a revision to Chrome or to just basically "hide" certain items after they're loaded. FlashBlock is still useful, but AdBlock still downloads ads regardless as to whether or not they display, and I'm not even sure how feasible NoScript would be.
Yep, and I don't see such a revision being made anytime soon. Not sure how this would effect the likes of Firebug and Foxyproxy though.. of the extensions I use, only Domain-Details has been ported over.

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
Oh, I almost forgot: another reason FF is my main browser is because Chrome will sometimes randomly log me out of places.

Aurali

Banned
Banned
Yep, and I don't see such a revision being made anytime soon. Not sure how this would effect the likes of Firebug and Foxyproxy though.. of the extensions I use, only Domain-Details has been ported over.

if you want specifically firebug...
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bnbbfjbeaefgipfjpdabmpadaacmafkj

if you are just looking for a debugger...
there is something built into chrome (and safari)

and I'm sure there are proxy management tool for chrome already..

Yeah, due to the way the rendering engine works, it's not possible to interrupt or bypass the download of certain objects; Anything that "blocks" certain things (AdBlock, NoScript, etc) would require either a revision to Chrome or to just basically "hide" certain items after they're loaded. FlashBlock is still useful, but AdBlock still downloads ads regardless as to whether or not they display, and I'm not even sure how feasible NoScript would be.

Yes.. what bugs me about chrome is that the only way to block javascript is if you edit the shortcut to include it before you run it.

Last edited:

Geek

Chico
ie6-comic-strip.jpg

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Firefox here...though version 2.2
Never bothered to update to 3 :D

Whoa, you're several major revisions behind. Any reason you didn't want to grab 3.0 or 3.5? 3.6 is out now. :p It actually seems to render a lot more quickly, and starts up a little quicker, too.

Last edited:
Whoa, you're several major revisions behind. Any reason you didn't want to grab 3.0 or 3.5? 3.6 is out now. :p It actually seems to render a lot more quickly, and starts up a little quicker, too.

Indeed. Firefox 3.6 starts up noticeably faster than 3.5 on my mac. It seems nothing can beat the speed of Chrome though.

OTaintedLoveO

glowing objects! :D
safari and firefox (cuz it's furry xP)

ker

I use firefox since most of the webcomics i read are optimized for the mozilla engine, But when i need to go into the scary depths of the internet i will use lynx so i dont have to see the terrible images to contact people

Ep1c_Pha1l

Furaffanity's Social Engineer
Firefox all the way.

Ad-block plus kills anything all the other browsers could do.

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
Just started to use Elinks more often again. :D
Also tried Midori. It's kinda okay, but for some reason, it gets REALLY slow after some time.
Other than that, Opera and sometimes Firefox, depending on the OS I'm using.

blackedsoul

I'm Watching You
Eh firefox. Just because it has fox in it, hell thats good enough.

Synapse

Chrome mainly, and if that starts acting up for me then i'll switch to safari or firefox.

Personally I just like the layout of chrome, and the skins you can get for it, but firefox works just as well for me too.

My primary browser is Safari 4.

It's quite fast, most integrated with my Mac, and it's the only browser that sync bookmark with iPhone.

Plus most important: IT'S 64 BIT!!!

Next one I love and strongly support is Chrome.

The fastest, cleanest, and I'm Google Fan.

Though Chrome for Mac contains LOTS OF BUGS! One is that it crashes OS X Han Recognizer.

And it looks too baby-ish.

I used IE before, before the switch, it's slow, but it's the most beautiful, or should I say most blending to Vista and 7. IE 7 is NOTHING! IE 8 is better, new features, and that what's really kept your heart, Accelerator, color tabs.

I hate FireFox. Really hate it.
1: I've successfully destroyed it with numerous of add-ons. It now look like nothing.
2: It's not fast, not slow either. What's the point?
3: FireFox for Mac will never look pretty, even with themes and persona.
4: It's too much a liability to the CPU, especially for slow computers.

Oh, one more thing.

Never use Opera Mini for Android. The UI and controls are very not-thought out. It's very ridiculous when you use it.

dragon-architect

Resident Featherdragon
I use firefox for the following reasons:
IE's Trident barfs all over web page CSS
Safari is evilness from Apple (and it's not very customizable)
Opera has a love-hate relationship with javascripts (I frequent a website that's almost entirely JS now ><)
And I just don't like the minimalist look of Chrome

That said, I put up with Firefox's image cache memleak because Firefox has a simple layout and it's highly customizable with all of its extensions. And Gecko does decently well with CSS. ^^

Fuh

I primarily use Firefox, because it has all the awesome stuff, like the download statusbar, and themes, and all that pretty stuff!!! But I also have Chrome for emergency situations, or if things just don't work as well in Firefox. I was using Chrome for a while, but after I upgraded it, I kept getting Bluescreens... D: So I just stopped using it, and stopped getting bluescreens!
I hate IE with a passion.