• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What will happen to your fursona(s)/character(s) when you are no longer alive?

Chomby

Just Another User
I know, I know. It's a morbid question, but it is one I am genuinely interested in seeing answers to. I started thinking about this after thinking about my mortality, which many of us do. I ended up thinking of maybe putting my fursona and other characters in a will, or giving them away myself if I know I won't live much longer.

Not everyone (in fact I'll say take a wild guess and say most) don't think about this. Perhaps I'm a little crazy. They're just characters after all, but at the same time, to me, they are much more than that, and I'd personally like to see them live on somehow after my passing.

So what do you think? Have you thought about it?

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I don't think I'll be thinking about my fursonas when I'm old and dying. Unless I died tomorrow of sudden bowl explosion. That would be painful.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
There will always be the art.

Personally that will be enough for me. It is only natural that Punji dies with me, as we are really one and the same. Maybe he will be remembered, maybe not. It matters little to either of us. :p

D

Deleted member 111470

I will haunt him and he'll become alive as I die

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
They will die with me, having served their purpose as avatars within the fandom.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Fame! I'm gonna live forever!

Fame! I'm gonna live forever!
I'm gonna learn how to fly!
I feel it comin' together
People will see me and cry,
Fame!
I'm gonna make it to heaven
Light up the sky like a flame,
Fame!
I'm gonna live forever
Baby, remember my name

....er....

....maybe not... :p

Limedragon27

The art will still be around, but the characters will be dead with me. Hopefully still with me and a part of me in whatever afterlife, though. Maybe if possible be able to use the appearance of a few characters to replace my own, kinda like changing outfits but instantly or something, that'd be cool.

Chomby

Just Another User
The art will still be around, but the characters will be dead with me. Hopefully still with me and a part of me in whatever afterlife, though. Maybe if possible be able to use the appearance of a few characters to replace my own, kinda like changing outfits but instantly or something, that'd be cool.
Yeah I've wondered about the afterlife being a place where your greatest dreams come true. I'd love to be my fursona.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
"gUyS mY fUrSoNa WilL dIe WiTh mE"
My fursona won't die with me. He'll somehow be the reason I die in the first place.

Arnak

Off the bench
When I pass, I hope to somehow pass as many of my characters and sonas down to others. If not, then may they keep me company in the afterlife

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
Hopefully get a final art piece of my fursonas 'fading away'.
Storywise, it'd be the reason why they never come back, the ending of a franchise and it's story kind of 'fading away'. Until someone decides to make a horrible reboot.

Like will possibly go for that long hibernation he's been neglecting all his life getting an eternal hibernation. Not death, just a long sleep since there'll be a good dream doggo to keep him company and tell him what's happening in the world.
Jackpot? Eh, he might retire and hand the title of Greed deadly sin to someone else and enjoy his immense money and fortune in his own pocket dimension. Perhaps he can spend more time with those souls he collected.

Although that's just my fursonas, the characters themselves... Well to be honest I'd have to write an entire google doc for.

J

JDeer

I don't really have an exact answer for that one. Although, I guess with a lot of other people, if I die then so does my fursona. Although, who knows what will happen.

Kinare

RAWR
They won't exist anymore, simple as that. Even if my family were to try to get my files from my PC, they wouldn't know what to do with the characters or anything, so meh. What little of the story I have written wouldn't be enough for them to do anything with should they even want to. I don't have character bios written out or anything. The only bios I have are for my sona and her mate, but aren't extremely detailed, and they're just here on FA.

Glossolalia

just happy to be here
A person stumbles across someone's long inactive DeviantArt page, and finds a cute looking ref sheet. They steal it and sell it as an adoptable. The new owner loves their new fursona so much, they have a fursuit made. But when they put it on, the suit starts moving of its own accord! It's haunted by the spirit of the fursona's original creator! It's going through the motions of its previous owner's life, with the new owner trapped inside!

Ghost Sona! Dibs on the movie rights.