• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

what would happen if your family found out...

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
One time my mom came home from work and told me about how she served a table and one of them was a furry. He wasn't dressed up or anything, but he was drawing anthros. She chatted with him for a bit and it dawned on her that I must be one, too XD She knew about furries before that, though, just hadn't thought about it. She's also well aware of Cosplaying and such. It just seems so weird that there are people whose parents haven't discovered these things yet!! Do they like.. not have internet?

Furry isn't that easy to stumble across if you're not browsing internet forums or actively looking for it.

Dyluck

Prowler

The Dudes more chill cousin
haha, ok dang I am an adult according to you, but my family keeps asking me when im going to graduate and move into the real world, but i keep telling them that the real world scares me and I dont want to get a big-kid job! haha

Dyluck

But my family likes to visit my DA account. It's pretty easy to stumble apon furry there.

Plus, there are lots of adults on DA.

"A lot?" Most of them are professional artists and make up maybe 1% of the population of adults. Although if your family is looking at your art and you draw furry stuff, you're directly exposing it to them. That's not really stumbling across it. :p

Kano

Beatlemaniac
My parents already know.. they don't really care xD

Celanor

They found out. It sucked... a lot. But I live out in the wild now so it dont matter :3

Xipoid

Cameras
I would have to listen to a story about how the Christians and KKK are repressing the Asian people through President Bush by using furry and <some random object/idea> (e.g. beef jerky or anime) to single out people and tag them for elimination/mind control. Something else about the Russians and how blacks aren't real. I'm not really sure; this is normally the point where I space out and just sort of nod my head and grunt monosyllabic expressions of agreement.

Celanor

I know that feeling... when you see mothing but their face floating in midair nagging at you while you consider what to do when they finally release you

Key Key

Any which way but up
My 13 nephew knows he told me he knew before me how that is I have no idea we still can't decide what animal I am but we concluded that he is a ferret oh well. Other than him I don't think the Typical Sicilian Family would understand.

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Sister knows, doesn't care.

My mom doesn't know, but could very easily figure it out if she wanted to. And she probably wouldn't care if I explained it to her. (Hell, she's the one who drove me to AC05.)

My dad probably has no idea and I have no idea how he'd react.

One of my cousins knows, doesn't care. Some of my other cousins, based on some of the things they said, will never, ever find out from me.

The rest of my family I don't spend enough time with for it to make that much of a difference.

TH-Violinist

Advocate
Sister knows, doesn't care.

My mom doesn't know, but could very easily figure it out if she wanted to. And she probably wouldn't care if I explained it to her. (Hell, she's the one who drove me to AC05.)

My dad probably has no idea and I have no idea how he'd react.

One of my cousins knows, doesn't care. Some of my other cousins, based on some of the things they said, will never, ever find out from me.

The rest of my family I don't spend enough time with for it to make that much of a difference.

lovely. upon further consideration, I realized all of the cousins would laugh at me too. would never end

LonelyFox

Care to join me for a bit?
pfft im 14, i tried to explain it and they still dont know wtf it is

well my dad knows exactly what it is and jokes with me about it ALL the time (not in a bad way)

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Discipline from use of computer.

deadendroad5577

Call me Shane Camus...
pfft im 14, i tried to explain it and they still dont know wtf it is

well my dad knows exactly what it is and jokes with me about it ALL the time (not in a bad way)

Hehe, same here (age and everything) except that instead of my dad, it's my mom. She makes jokes........ xD ...I'm just glad I don't have to hide the art that I draw and the websites/forums a browse as much anymore. ^^

Wreth

GERTY
I have a feeling my mum has seen that CSI episode, and she caught me on a child friendly furry site but still got all weird about it.

deadendroad5577

Call me Shane Camus...
I have a feeling my mum has seen that CSI episode, and she caught me on a child friendly furry site but still got all weird about it.

Oh noes... >.<

Just... don't sneak it and act all defensive about your furriness. That type of thing will send sirens of "oh boy this must be something bad" to your parents. :grin:

TH-Violinist

Advocate
lol. Yeah, Im surprised my mom didn't know what one is. She used to be a real internet junkie, and now TV is her life. I thought she watched CSI. =\

Midi Bear

11/10/08
lol. Yeah, Im surprised my mom didn't know what one is. She used to be a real internet junkie
Well, just because you spend a lot of time on the internet doesn't mean you'll come across furries. I mean.. sure, we're largely internet based, but we're still low key in comparison to many other things. You'd have to be looking for furries to find furries, unless somebody tells you about furries.