• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What would you do with your time machine?

A

Alex K

If I had a time machine, I would go to the future and win a million dollars at the annual Texas lotto jackpot :)

How 'bout you folks? I'm curious.

Laugh Kita

Welp...this is my life now
Honestly I would go back into my past and change one particular event that happened that messed me up hard for years and still heavily affects me now.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
I'd go back in time, collect dna samples from prehistoric critters, and try to get the grant money to clone them for sale on the modern exotic pet market for amazing profits.
And the lottery winning thing too, I suppose.
Oh, and go back to Oak Island around the time the Money Pit was dug to see how the hell it was built and what's at the bottom.
How would going to the future help your chances of winning the lottery?
Go to future.
Look up past winning numbers.
Go back in time.
Buy out wager for winning numbers.
PROFIT!

A

Alex K

Jarren said:
Go to future.
Go back in time.
PROFIT!

Well goin' back to the past seems like cheatin tho...

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
I'd go to the near future, find out bets 'n shit, come back, make the bets, get a lot of money. $20,000,000 should suffice for a new gaming desktop, a small but good apartment and a hot maid, because I fucking hate cleaning on my own with a passion.

Then I'd completely destroy the machine and any and all traces of it.

S

Sagt

Go to future.
Go back in time.
PROFIT!
Now that you say that, it sounds rather obvious. The way I was thinking of it was with the time machine only being used once but I suppose that wasn't specified.

Anyways, with a time machine, I would go back in time a couple years and invest in all the stocks I now know would go up by a ton.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
I would go back in the past and try to prevent myself from getting into the time machine, just to see what happens.

stimpy

I'm only a minor alcoholic
I would go back to 1999 and ride an hitachi train out to Epping. I would also bring an old camcorder and film it. Would also probs go back to 1984 and ride a refurbished Harris out to st kilda

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
I'd like to go to the 1920s and 30s, to get a really good idea of what it was like to live at that time (when I try to imagine living then it's really hard not to do so in black and white...and there are tantalisingly few colour photos of that period)

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
I would go back in my school/college days and kick my own ass for being such a retarded teenager.

Karpish McKarp

Finger guns for days
"Hey! A time machine! Cool!"
*immediately destroys it*

Cause nothing good ever comes of time travel.
Do you want to karp up the space time continuum?
Because that is how you karp up the space time continuum.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
V

Vitaly

Meet the end of universe

End_of_Universe.png

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
"Hey! A time machine! Cool!"
*immediately destroys it*

Cause nothing good ever comes of time travel.
Do you want to karp up the space time continuum?
Because that is how you karp up the space time continuum.
I believe the best thing about time traveling is to be able to see what happens if you play with time. Plenty of potential interesting things to think about:
for example: as soon as you start into the machine, the number of machines potentially existing becomes infinite at this moment.
It's mind boggling and interesting at the same time, and in my opinion, would be quite fun to experiment with.

Royn

Otterest Sergal evah!
Youll have no reason to trust what type next, but please try because speak from, oddly and improbably, experience. Chronometric displacement is not good. Ever. EVER.

A

Alex K

Youll have no reason to trust what type next, but please try because speak from, oddly and improbably, experience. Chronometric displacement is not good. Ever. EVER.

But then how will we know to not initiate mistakes made from the past by going to the future and reviewing what already happened?

bhutrflai

Okami The Wolf is my crazy half!
I'd want to go back to at least 12yrs ago, so I could see my brother again. If I could go back 14yrs, I'd get to see him & my dad both again. I really miss them.

scet

How do the rules work? Only long time travel or can it be by minutes? How often can it be used?

scet

I'd use it to stay in a library for one day over and over till I learn enough to live alone, gardening building a house making my own computer.

I'd than find a good place to live and go back in time 25 time to the 1800s so there's 25 of me to help build a house and then just leave it there to live in when I'm back in the future than move around time doing anything I need too, 5 of me handlying thinhs like gardening, cleaning and stuff all at the same time and spending all the time in the world working on solving problems or creating new things

LucasDucas

Eh, sounds superficial, but I'd find out the winning lotto numbers. Win said lotto. Once financially secure, I'd focus on my passions, grow as a person, help the world in some way. I don't want to change my past because it's helped me become who I am. But the future is something we can all affect. An enormous amount of money would just make one less thing to worry about while building a future for yourself. :)