• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What would you most want to see in a game that has a heavy amount of furry content?

Matteius

I'm curious what the community at large would want to see.

To clarify, I am working with a team on a lewd management/survival/strategy game, that will have you start near the end of the world. You will build up your "ark", survive (if you can) the oncoming apocalypse, and eventually rebuild and reshape humanity.

One of the technological paths available is genetic manipulation, where you will have the ability to research, and push policies to encourage, or even force genetic alterations. These alterations will come in three main flavours -- "Human+" -- Species Hybridization -- and Fantasy Recreation. Essentially building a better human, building human - creature hybrids, and building fantasy creatures. In our team we have a segment very interested in fur content, and the genetics content at large, but with only 20 total volunteer creators our input pool is still small.

So to my original question, what would you want to see?

Kinare

RAWR
I'm gonna be that one furry who says "I'm tired of lewd in everything furry, gimme something fun that has zero lewd". :v Your game sounds really interesting because I greatly enjoy sim and survival mechanics and I've not played something like this ever, but for someone like me it's an immediate turnoff knowing lewd is a focal point.

Matteius

I am honestly considering a zero lewd version. Even in the focal release though, while lewd is a defining characteristic, it is hardly the focus, instead we are focusing far more on the game mechanics, gameplay, and story rather than specifically on lewd content. While lewd content is allowed on many platforms these days, a zero lewd release would likely be able to reach a far larger audience.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
Is this game like the city builder games that have been coming out?

Matteius

Honestly I am unaware of which games you speak, but the easy answer is no. While inspired by several genres and some specific game, plainly put this game is being designed unlike any other I'm aware of. It borrows from many genre but will not fit in any one. For one thing city builders do not tend to have a cataclysm coming to wipe out the world (though to be fair many have natural disasters). Trying to fit this project into a genre or compare it to other games is A) going to be difficult and B) a fruitless effort as this is literally still in process of having the core backend systems built.

Hence my question "What do you want to see" rather than "what do you think of my currently non-existent game".

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
Honestly I am unaware of which games you speak, but the easy answer is no. While inspired by several genres and some specific game, plainly put this game is being designed unlike any other I'm aware of. It borrows from many genre but will not fit in any one. For one thing city builders do not tend to have a cataclysm coming to wipe out the world (though to be fair many have natural disasters). Trying to fit this project into a genre or compare it to other games is A) going to be difficult and B) a fruitless effort as this is literally still in process of having the core backend systems built.

Hence my question "What do you want to see" rather than "what do you think of my currently non-existent game".
Ok i was asking because if it fits that pattern then i do have a suggestion i would want to make

the 2 i was thinking of were surving mars and dawn of man, they are called city or base builders, but are not sim city, they both have tech trees as well, and that is were my suggestion lies

Matteius

Fair enough. We will certainly have tech tree(s). We have not even started on the tech system yet, but it is planned to have 4(I think) major categories, with tech dependent on A) a basic tech level determined by having X tech from the pervious level B) specific tech paths -- though a new tech path can start at any level of tech, and a tech could also be part of no path C) additional tech requirements (for example let's say a nanite warfare tech would require researching nanites, which would not be in the warfare category)

For the actual building, the best example I can think of is frostpunk, where you have a hub, and a limited amount of space around the hub. Our build system will be nothing like frostpunk in most aspects, but in that aspect there is similarity.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
frankly, can we have a furry game that doesn't have any lewdness, not even undertones?

i feel kids are being left out nowadays.