• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What're you reading?

Kittiara

Kitt
There's a thread or two like this, the "Song of the Day" thread and such and since I've seen one like this on another forum I go to, I figured it'd be fun to start.

What're you reading? A good novel? A magazine? Perhaps a story found online, or even a fanfiction? :3

As for me, The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower by Stephen King. Nearly done!

How 'bout y'all?

Soda~

iam readin 20 Plans to Take Over the World by Soda~:lol::lol:

5 of which are really good might i add -giggles-

but siriously iam reading the archor mayor series, very good so far might i add

"The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan--the first book in the "Wheel of Time" series, which I've never read before.

Jotun

A Guitar Center catalouge...

Kittiara

Kitt
That's creepy, Malcolm-- some kid was just telling me to read that after martial arts today.. Is it enjoyable so far? :D

DavidN

"The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul" by Douglas Adams. I hadn't got round to reading this one even though I enjoyed his other work - this one, sad though I am to say it, is beginning to drag.

TheLostWolf

That bitch
Mmmm.... so I'm waiting for the next Dresden Files book to come out..
But atm I'm reading Insurrection by David Weber and Steve White and The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius for western civ...

Kittiara said:
There's a thread or two like this, the "Song of the Day" thread and such and since I've seen one like this on another forum I go to, I figured it'd be fun to start.

What're you reading?  A good novel?  A magazine?  Perhaps a story found online, or even a fanfiction? :3

As for me, The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower by Stephen King.  Nearly done!

How 'bout y'all?

Hey, all right! I'm still working my way through Wizard and Glass (number four in the series). I've also just started this book Atomik Aztex by Sesshu Foster-- interesting "alternate history" sort of tale. (What if the Aztecs, rather than succumbing to Spanish conquest, became the dominant culture in the Western Hemisphere?) Also, did I talk about Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves in here? If I have, ignore me.

Also, has anyone heard of Jeff Noon and his Vurt series of novels? I read the first one he wrote a while back, and I've been itching to read it again, but it seems to have disappeared from my local public library. Is this man a myth?

Kittiara

Kitt
Oh, awesome! :3 Heh.. I cried at the end of Roland's tale in Wizard and Glass... It was both utterly painful and utterly wonderful to read.

Neither Vurt nor Jeff Noon ring a bell, but now I'm curious to see if my library has those novels.  I'll have to make a note to check.

Kero

can't stop playing Puyo Puyo 7
Negima!: Vol. 11. Nothing like re-reading.

...What, we can't have manga? :3 I'm reaaaading it, aren't I? Yum-yum.

Kittiara

Kitt
Negima! I read the first few volumes of that, it was great. I was like, "Yes, schoolgirls and a crapload of fanservice." But then the person I mooch manga from stopped buying it so I stopped reading it.. oh well. X0

Kero

Eee! :D I think we're going to get along. Even if it's just the first few. Yes, Ken Akamatsu is known for providing a plethora of fan-service. Strangely enough, I'm gay, yet I still like it. xP Well, not like it sexually. Just the... magic + removal of clothing. :3 Kotaro is teh hawt. ...The anime is SO toned-down. ^^;

Kittiara

Kitt
I think we're already getting along! :3~

I almost watched the anime, noticed all the girls had, like, NEON hair and was like, "haha, no." Besides, it's no fun if it's not as racy as the manga.
Ahh.. I wanna go read it again. >< I ought to just go to Borders, sit down, and read for a while, then leave. I don't buy manga. XD

Kero

Kittiara said:
I think we're already getting along! :3~

I almost watched the anime, noticed all the girls had, like, NEON hair and was like, "haha, no." Besides, it's no fun if it's not as racy as the manga.
Ahh.. I wanna go read it again. >< I ought to just go to Borders, sit down, and read for a while, then leave. I don't buy manga. XD

Awww, you ch33p kitty. D: The anime is really good; with the Latin incantations, it puts the English voice casting above the Japanese voice casting, which is a very rare case. And go now! Reaaad! :D ...Especially vol. 5... Kotaro. Yum. Fox demon. >> <<;

Kittiara

Kitt
Insanely cheap, yes. You have no idea. I swear the only thing I spend my money on is commissions and food..
Well, I'll see what I can get at! X3

emptyF

where my frogs at?
just finished native son by richard wright. that really made me feel itchy . . . really well done, really good, but extremely uncomfortable. which was the point. also rereading harry potter 6. funny how you can see the plot twist better the second time around. i picked up a graphic novel called story of jack at the library the other day. the art was really lush and stylized, and the plot was all about this kid turning into a dog monster thing . . . definitely furry friendly.

oh, and malcom and Kittiara? the first eight or nine books are very very good, but nothing has happened since book nine. he just kind of keeps repeating what he's saying . . .

Kero

:3 Heheh. I seem to be good at persuading people to love Negima!, but this time, I didn't have to try. Muhahaha.

Solaris

Been reading the Dragon Delesangre series for about the 100th time :p still waiting for book 5 to come out. I've also been reading The War of the Ancients trilagy its pretty good, a lot to do with dragons and such.

Well, I don't have so much time for pleasure reading what with college and all (especially the way I like to read - sit down with a book and stand up when there aren't any words left in it), but the book I'm reading for school, which is very interesting, is "Arrow of the Blue-skinned God," by Jonah Blank, about modern India and its connection with the Ramayana.

What I want to read next time I have time is "Forever Peace" by Joe Haldeman, the quasi-followup to "The Forever War," which is a horrendously distressing but wonderful book.

TheLostWolf

That bitch
Solaris said:
Been reading the Dragon Delesangre series for about the 100th time :p still waiting for book 5 to come out. I've also been reading The War of the Ancients trilagy its pretty good, a lot to do with dragons and such.

He turned a that book into a series?

Rhainor

Rawr.
TheLostWolf said:
...I'm reading Insurrection by David Weber and Steve White...

I have that book! It's falling apart, but I have it. Rather good, if somewhat long-winded and full of info-dumps at points. And I have a hard time fitting that timescale into my head; that book covers several years, with large gaps in several places. Makes my brain hurt.

I'm not currently reading anything; however, I highly, *highly* suggest the Sholan Alliance series by Lisanne Norman. The books are:
  1. Turning Point
  2. Fortune's Wheel
  3. Fire Margins
  4. Razor's Edge
  5. Dark Nadir
  6. Stronghold Rising
  7. Between Darkness and Light
  8. Shades of Gray*
Be advised, starting with "Fortune's Wheel" these books are rather long, averaging 500 to 550 pages or more. "Turning Point" is about half that, and I believe "Between Darkness and Light" breaks the 700-page-mark.

* "Shades of Gray" isn't out yet, it's still in progress. There will be a 9th book, too, and she's leaving the door open for other stories in the same universe.

Soda~

i recomend the Elegant Universe now theres a good book!!! i read the whole thing then talked to a buch o physics ppl about it