• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's a good way to promote your commissions/adopts on FA without using ads?

Umai Kitsune

Hello ! I'm new to FA still and being a commission artist in general , and recently started making my own bases and such ,but I still don't know where/how to network my wares without spending money on ads ,which I can't do simply because I need the money for other reasons so I can't afford to drop for ads currently .

Any advice ? I don't think I'm a terrible artist by any means, so I wouldn't think it's that...

no no

Aye Aye Artist
Uh, in terms of being a new artist- I am too, but I've sold a few commissions and YCHs already. Some things I've found that have worked are to post regularly, occasionally hold a free art raffle for watchers, draw fanart (I focus heavily on dragon art, so Spyro is my go to, but whatever fandom you're comfortable with that has a furry audience works), and look to trade with artists who are a bit more popular than you are, so you get some exposure (especially if they post your trade art in their gallery with credit! Look for those sorts of people!)

There's a few threads going around with tips and stuff for starting out, though, so maybe have a read of those too? FA is a big site, so the hardest part is probably getting noticed in the first place!

Edit, just because I remembered - you can put up 'reminders' for your YCHS and open commission slots, basically repeat posts of your stuff that link back to the originals. Since they're technically 'new things being posted', they will go out to all your watchers and get exposure in the newest section. You don't want to do this too often as overuse will annoy your watchers to the point of leaving, but an occasional reminder post is fine by most.

Last edited:

Umai Kitsune

Uh, in terms of being a new artist- I am too, but I've sold a few commissions and YCHs already. Some things I've found that have worked are to post regularly, occasionally hold a free art raffle for watchers, draw fanart (I focus heavily on dragon art, so Spyro is my go to, but whatever fandom you're comfortable with that has a furry audience works), and look to trade with artists who are a bit more popular than you are, so you get some exposure (especially if they post your trade art in their gallery with credit! Look for those sorts of people!)

There's a few threads going around with tips and stuff for starting out, though, so maybe have a read of those too? FA is a big site, so the hardest part is probably getting noticed in the first place!

Edit, just because I remembered - you can put up 'reminders' for your YCHS and open commission slots, basically repeat posts of your stuff that link back to the originals. Since they're technically 'new things being posted', they will go out to all your watchers and get exposure in the newest section. You don't want to do this too often as overuse will annoy your watchers to the point of leaving, but an occasional reminder post is fine by most.
~~~~
Alright ,thank you very much !I'll have to crack down on that stuff once my current To-Do is done so I can get free time to trade and raffle c: thank you very much !