• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's something you wish more people would try?

Kinare

RAWR
Being more open-minded, especially when it comes to opposing opinions.

To add to that, I also wish people focused more on factual statements more than "I feel" statements. It's ok to have feelings about something, but it's not ok to let those feelings be your only driving force, espcially if that leads you to being hateful.

Combine those two and man what a difference our world would be. Suddenly we'd understand each other and be more accepting of differences.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
Definitely going cold turkey with the internet. I went a month or two without it a few times in the past because of difficult circumstances, but it felt so freeing just being away from it for so long.

It's such a constant these days that it's hard to imagine yourself without it.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Being in touch with your inner skeleton. It's not enough to have your flesh glued to it 24/7, because then you take it for granted; you need to APPRECIATE and love your skeleton. It may look spooky and it will bury you, but until that happens it's your best friend.

aomagrat

I wish more people would try J.J. Cale. His music is just cool. Hardly anyone has heard of him, but almost everyone has heard is songs. A lot is artists have covered his songs.
"After Midnight" & "Cocaine" covered by Eric Clapton, "Call Me the Breeze" & "Same Old Blues" covered by Lynyrd Skynyrd, and "Bringing It Back" covered by Kansas, to name just a few. Cale's versions are more mellow and laid back. He didn't like touring and preferred to play clubs and small venues. Eric Clapton described him as "one of the most important artists in the history of rock" Here is a short video explaining why he never became famous.

Last edited:

tetramelly

Definitely going cold turkey with the internet. I went a month or two without it a few times in the past because of difficult circumstances, but it felt so freeing just being away from it for so long.

It's such a constant these days that it's hard to imagine yourself without it.

That's fun to do for a week at a time, the only problem is when you finally allocate time to do things outside the Internet, you might feel a burning urge to go on the Internet and spend too much time again telling everyone what you did : )

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
For me, it's crickets as a sustainable meat alternative, and pesto combined with BBQ sauce... yum! I also wish more people would play Furcadia and Stardew Valley. What about you?

I think the creative potential of Furcadia is awesome, but yea, more people need to play it. I got tired of seeing the same person on 20 different avatars trying to pretend to be someone new. Boring. Repetitive. Blah.

T

TemetNosce88

Pineapple on pizza. It has its place on the menu.

On a serious note, more people should think about how much they rely on digital technology and cheap energy and whether that's a good thing or not.

RyuokoWolf

Your Cantaloupine
Pineapple on pizza. It has its place on the menu.
I have tried it, still didn't like it.

I wish more people would try to be patient and consider the other side of the story when they get upset with someone.

M

ManicTherapsid

Australian Meat Pies, and Pasties. The former is almost impossible to come by here though.

Plantar

Soaked In Sin
I wish more people would try their own hands at different types of art, like writing music, drawing, singing. A response like "Oh, I'm not good at that" just perpetuates the idea in their head that they can't do it, but truth is that it takes a lot of practice for anyone to get technically good at anything. It's never too late to learn. This applies with almost everything.

Zenkiki

The softest little kitty
For people to actually listen. Everyone growing up now has no attention span and will always jump to conclusions. The way the internet has made access to information be instantaneous has made it so people want or even demand things to be done asap. People need to slow down and really listen to people. Sit down and discuss things. Even if you are polar opposites listen. Hell even listen liars, bigots, racists, ... you don't have to agree with them and they are indeed wrong about it, but be open to why they do something. Listen and see if you can't help them see why it is bad. If you listen you can change people. If you fight people you will lose. Listening to people will give you a new way of seeing the world. Don't jump to conclusions. Don't even argue or object. Just listen and ask open ended questions not leading or aggressive questions.

If people listened to one another the world would be completely different.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
For people to actually listen. Everyone growing up now has no attention span and will always jump to conclusions. The way the internet has made access to information be instantaneous has made it so people want or even demand things to be done asap. People need to slow down and really listen to people. Sit down and discuss things. Even if you are polar opposites listen. Hell even listen liars, bigots, racists, ... you don't have to agree with them and they are indeed wrong about it, but be open to why they do something. Listen and see if you can't help them see why it is bad. If you listen you can change people. If you fight people you will lose. Listening to people will give you a new way of seeing the world. Don't jump to conclusions. Don't even argue or object. Just listen and ask open ended questions not leading or aggressive questions.

If people listened to one another the world would be completely different.
Yeah, that's what I said ;D