• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's something you wish more people would try?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I honestly just saw the question in the title and made a post. A couple things have been ticking in the back of my head the last couple months and so I figured I would say that.
Yeah, I feel you on that one.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i will NEVER stop trying to urge friends and family to watch South Park. Lots of people poo-poo the show because they remember the crass humor from the earlier episodes and the coarse quotes they've heard other people make out of context. EVERY person i've had diss the show or turn it down haven't ever seen a whole episode before. The show's humor is actually quite brilliant and the "current event" jokes are spot on, but best when the episodes first air.

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
Try going back to the customer waiting room and letting me do my job. Do I show up at your job and hover over you while you try to work? No, I don't.

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
Fishing. The real catch and release.

Wait for it...

Because yeah, dad jokes can be cool.

K

Kharne

I want to go fishing one day with a buddy.
Just need the buddies then I'm all set.

I wish more people would try trying :^)
In all seriousness, some people would rather just sit back and let things happen than give things a shot. Try out that new food, try out that new hobby you were thinking of. Don't just give up because of some self deprecating thought.

T

TemetNosce88

I wish more people would try slowing down or even stopping for a little bit each day. Really appreciate everything around them and what they have, the beauty of every day life. It's there if you look for it.

Definitely something I struggle with, myself. But it's worth it when you do it.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
In general, I wish more people would try and be respectful towards others who have different (not extreme) views on politics, religion, and any number of other divisive subjects.
I have completely lost interest in discourse surrounding these things because of the sheer amount of infighting.

DireDrag0n

Not actually a dragon. Am catfish.
Open mindedness and actually understanding and listening to an opposing point of view before disregarding it because of our confirmation bias. Also, durian. I really don’t understand why people think it smells bad. It smells fine!

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Open mindedness and actually understanding and listening to an opposing point of view before disregarding it because of our confirmation bias. Also, durian. I really don’t understand why people think it smells bad. It smells fine!
*haz been to thailand*
*haz tried durian*
*almost vomited*

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Learning another language! (This is to you native english speakers who are probably monolingual like me.)

Learning languages allows you to:
  • Explore cultures you didn't know that much about.
  • Think from a different perspective. It has been shown that the languages you speak affect your thinking.
  • Have a stronger mind that is less at risk of mental illness like dementia later on.
  • Have fun!
さよなら!