• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's something you wish more people would try?

Rassah

Beastars. It's a story with perfect timing for today's world, because it's about reaching out and trying to understand in a world filled with distrust and disdain between two sides, and shows that love and understanding, even in the face of others hating you for it, is still worth it.

But, also dreams. I wish people would try their dreams. You always hear people talking about taking that dream vacation someday, or trying this thing they always wanted to someday, but even though someday isn't on the calendar, before you know it it's behind you. Took the death of a friend (RedSavage) to kick me in the pants and remind me time is limited.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I want to go fishing one day with a buddy.
Just need the buddies then I'm all set.

I wish more people would try trying :^)
In all seriousness, some people would rather just sit back and let things happen than give things a shot. Try out that new food, try out that new hobby you were thinking of. Don't just give up because of some self deprecating thought.

I was going to say the same - TRY things. No you're not going to be perfect at it the first time.

I get so tired of self-pity and self-defeat because of trying something one or two times and not automatically being an expert at it.

Used to teach horseback riding, and we'd have kids come in as beginners who would want to quit after a few lessons because they weren't jumping fences yet.

Be patient.

The people who are good at things STILL had to practice to get where they are.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's the literacy issues. I know English isn't everyone's native language but still, for those who do know it and apply zero effort it talking like real human being, is just kind of sad sometimes. Every time I see someone talk like they are mentally five, I wonder, "Would you talk like this to another person?"

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
0002263540016_1200.png

Try it, is good

Rassah

Oh, another thing I think people should try, especially if they like the fish above...
Most people know of IKEA as a furniture store. Most people don't know they have a restaurant and sell food. People who are interested in Scandinavian food, or even more varieties of herring, should try IKEA's restaurant. We love it.

T

TemetNosce88

Oh, another thing I think people should try, especially if they like the fish above...
Most people know of IKEA as a furniture store. Most people don't know they have a restaurant and sell food. People who are interested in Scandinavian food, or even more varieties of herring, should try IKEA's restaurant. We love it.
This. The meatballs with lingonberry sauce are sooooo good.

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF

When I go to IKEA, I always pickup a tube of Kalles creamed cod roe.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
actually following the rules for a change. Even things that may not seem necessary (here you have people who ride very dangerously with their bicycles)

When I lived in the city cycling without a lamp or bell was a big thing. Ghost bikes.

Yakamaru

Your average Stand enjoyer
Learn to expand one's own limitations and broaden one's own understanding and abilities. To challenge yourself, never standing still in one place for too long.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
When I was a kid I used to dip those little chicken nuggets into the chocolate pudding that come in the Kid Cuisine TV dinners. It's fucking good, the mac and cheese and corn is pretty meh.

Mr-Rose-Lizard

I think more people, especially in the media, should try telling the truth. I mean forget about lying about someone you don't like just to gain popularity. Try being honest about them, even if it hurts, and admit you were wrong.

D

Deleted member 133545

I think more people, especially in the media, should try telling the truth. I mean forget about lying about someone you don't like just to gain popularity. Try being honest about them, even if it hurts, and admit you were wrong.
Trust, you'll never hear none other than the truth from me

For those who feel like checking the veracity of this statement, get out of this thread and DM me, Chatting is nice, chatting with someone is nicer

Also, I wish more people would appreciate the fact that nature is precious, and maybe, just maybe, leave their polluting, destructive toxic habits, take a breath of fresh hair, build a plantation, make this planet regrow to the beauty it once was, and sustain themselves while sustaining it
I know I am idealistic.

I want me to buy a pill, sprinkle it with water and a steak or a hamburger comes out of it. Just like dinosaurs are made from small capsules.

Yakamaru

Your average Stand enjoyer
Eating healthy and doing daily or the very least weekly exercises for a better and longer life.