• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the last album you bought?

Namba

So yeah, I just bought The Smashing Pumpkins's new album, Oceania... I'd give it a 8/10 to be honest. It isn't terrible, and it's definitely better than Zeitgeist simply because it sounds as if Billy Corgan has gotten a hold of his aged voice. However, between this and Zeitgeist it seems as though Corgan has abandoned the signature sound of the Pumpkins and went for something a lot lighter and less aggressive. I guess it comes with age, ya'know? I get a feeling it'll be their last album, and I don't recommend it to people who weren't already Pumpkins fans in the first place. However there are a few tracks you can definitely jam to. My personal favorites were probably Quasar, The Chimera, Panopticon, and Pinwheels.
smashing-pumpkins-oceania.jpg

Last edited:

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
>receive paycheck
>spend all leisure money on records

I guess the most recent order of this batch was the box set of 'From the Stairwell' by The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble (impulse buy; on sale for half off at Denovali). Atmosphere <3

I've never spent money on an album in my life.

The last digital album that I've obtained was Neutral Milk Hotel - On Avery Island.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Jean Michel Jarre's Rendez-Vous

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
R-1157054-1199532889.jpeg

After further investigation I realized I payed too much for it, because, compared to other markets, U.S.-spec albums did not include all the bonus goodies like the Japanese (EMI Music Japan Inc version only) and French versions. Still beats listening to the defective version my sibling downloaded.

Little Ghost

>lo que implica
iamamiwhoami - Kin.

It's already my favorite album ever, so I had to buy it, even if it were 50 dollars after shipping. They were extremely backordered though, so it hasn't arrived yet.

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
I'm pretty sure the last album I bought was A Love Supreme by John Coltrane.

So good.

Sadly there are no good music stores around my area, except for JBHIFI, so I have to order most of my albums online and pay for shipping.
At least I'll be happy when I'm broke...

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
i bought this really cool album by a band called Pocket Vinyl called "Monsters Talking".

66m6gg.jpg

it's really cool 'cause i got it from a local record shop that they played at, and it's one of 100 custom copies. :3

Lukar

Durrgon
The last album I specifically bought was the Lapfox Anthology last year. However, back in September or so, I bought Solatorobo: Red the Hunter for the DS, which also came with a soundtrack CD.

1312798874_2h30u9c.jpg
Solatorobo-Red-the-Hunter-Musical-Selections.jpg

Hm, well, let me go to my Recently Added folder in iTunes and find out.

Huh, looks like it was LIVING THINGS by Linkin Park and Welcome To the Newworld from MAN WITH A MISSION. I wonder what's with all the capital letters musicians are throwing into things.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
For some reason, the package delivery universe just kicked into gear today

- Deathspell Omega - Drought LP
- Jim Guthrie - Sword and Sworcery EP
- Altar of Plagues - White Tomb LP (green transparent, ooo)
- Dimentianon - Collapse the Void LP

Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God

I like it.

I think you are just fine

Plantar

Soaked In Sin
Blues Funeral by Mark Lanegan on iTunes, and Love's Gentle Maw by Tanks of Zen, and Dust by Screaming Trees at the same time.

greg-the-fox

Shigeto - Lineage
I still haven't listened to it fully yet because I'm still getting my fill of his other earlier album, Full Circle. (which I also bought)
Holy shit this stuff is amazing, it just blows my fucking mind. If you're into glitch-hop, get it NOW.
shigeto_fullcircle_art1.jpg

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Volbeat, Beyond Hell / Above Heaven

It's super good.